Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

If folks have not already done so, it is probably worth reporting to Samsung to put some pressure on their side too. You can raise an issue using the Samsung Members app.

Best Answer

Twitter is also a good option to boost awareness of the issue to them. I tweeted at @Android @SamsungMobile @Fitbit @SamsungHelpUK @FitbitSupport @FitbitUK @SamsungUK. Both FitbitSupport & samsungbusiness are currently replying to me.

Fitbit Charge 5 v57.20001.171.50 Updated to 57.20001.188.58 // Fitbit App v3.71 // Samsung Flip3 5G Android 13 One UI 5 Patch level 2022-12-01
**Fitbit is still not working for any Samsung Flip/Fold users**
Best Answer
Nothing yet!
Best Answer

@SukhoiH Welcome to the Fitbit community!

Are you mentioning Samsung's Android 13 update? Which Samsung phone model are you using?

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys I gave fitbit 1star review on the Play store and described the issue. I suggest you do the same!

Best Answer

I updated to Andorid 13 on Wednesday.

From then on, no sync possible anymore.

Troubleshooting performed:

Restarted phone

Turned phone off for 10 minutes before turning back on

Force quit Fitbit app

Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit. (Ver 3.71)

Reset Charge 5 watch. 

Shut down Google Assistant 

Restarted Bluetooth several times

Hard Reset the Charge 5

The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, it's identified by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer

Same problem. Tried contacting fitbit but their help line keeps cutting off 

Is it samsung or fitbit 

I also lost about 3 months of data

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was on a phone call with the help desk last week. Did all the trouble shooting multiple times before calling. I was told to send my Luxe back for warranty replacement. Boxed it up and decided to buy a Charge 5 and use the replacement Luxe for a backup. Just got my Charge 5 and had the same issue with getting locked up at the connection screen. This is ridiculous!! It's time to get it fixed because I have now wasted over 200 dollars on Fitbit devices that are useless and have wasted a ton of my time. What a load of crap it isn't fixed yet and, even worse, was told to send my Luxe back for warranty replacement when it is clearly a known issue with the app. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

I did the same thing and boxed up my Luxe. Decided to order a new Charge 5 (I'm impatient haha) and it arrived this morning. It won't connect, either. If you haven't mailed it out yet, don't bother. It's not the device, it's the app 😞

Best Answer

I realize this is a late post, but my Samsung Flip 3 recently had an update and now my fitbit Luxe will not pair. It worked perfectly before the phone update. I also have tried all the tips and tricks. I've chatted with tech support both fitbit and Samsung with no solution. I can connect my fitbit luxe to my husband's older Samsung phone. 

Best Answer

~Samsung Galaxy Zflip 3 latest Android version 13
~Fitbit Luxe App version 3.71

After Android update on Saturday my luxe will no longer communicate with app. When I reviewed the device status  it showed as "looking."

I have done the following to try to remedy:

Uninstalled Fitbit App and deleted all devices including my lux from bluetooth, restarted the lux, restarted the phone, turned bluetooth back on again in phone settings. Reinstalled Fitbit app and tried adding device back. The setup continues to find the lux but then gets hung up on "connecting" and does not complete the device add. I've tried this three times now and also verified permissions for the app. Any other suggestions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer

This has been a known issue since the Beta version of Android 13 so it's completely mind-boggling that there isn't a fix yet. Since I had to remove my device and do a hard reset for the trouble-shooting I now have no way of tracking anything since I cannot add the device back. Asking for patience, at this point, is ridiculous. We need an update on the progress since nothing has been posted since 11/28/22

Best Answer

Hi there, @Tmaster007. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Charge 4. 

If you haven't done so yet, I suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided here Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same... they got downright insulting, sending me an article with basic pairing instructions after I'd told them I'd been a Fitbit user for YEARS. I snapped, "Pay attention, it's not me! Samsung Fold+Fitbit Charge 5+ Android 13= Catastrophic Failure!"

Great idea... I'm going to try that, connecting with my tablet,  so I can at least reclaim my expensive paperweight and use it again for what it's intended for. 

Best Answer

Any luck with Samsung?

A thread about owners of Samsung foldables who have had their fitbit turn into a brick after the Android 13 update.

Best Answer

My Charge 4 will not connect to my Fold 3. I reset my Charge 4 and it says, "please download or update the Fitbit app." The Fitbit app is on my phone and updated. I can see the charge 4 under Bluetooth settings. When connected to charger, I only see the battery bar, no smiley face. When adding device it gets stuck on, "Found!". Cannot restart Charge 4. This is a mess! 

Best Answer

Posting to Twitter is a great idea! I also gave a 1 star review on Play Store AND went to Consumer Affairs and gave one-star and warned people w/Android 13 to *not* purchase any Fitbit device since it will not work. Fitbit still shows all Android phones with 8+ are compatible, which is a huge lie, and isn't warning people they won't be able to use a new device on their Android phones. Completely unacceptable taking advantage of consumers like this and a deceptive advertising campaign. 

Best Answer

Same issue, same phone. I've tried EVERYTHING multiple times including factory reset of Luxe. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Posting on twitter is a great idea ... they have support account

https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport/with_replies?lang=en

Unfortunately I don't have a twitter account.... too toxic 

But I urge everyone to post and don't allow them to send you to private DM conversations 

Keep the dialogue public for everyone's benefit and to make more noise 

Best Answer

I have an old Twitter account and just posted a warning to all Android OS 13 users to not purchase any Fitbit products. I purchased both my Fitbits on Amazon and posted 1 star reviews along with the same warning. I guarantee Fitbit is still selling their products to Android users with no warning at all. False advertising for a product that will not work. Definitely need to make noise on this issue!

There is another forum regarding this. It's a known issue and Fitbit is doing nothing. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

I have the same problem. It started after installing andriod 13. Pixar user foundation the problem months ago. Why is this problem not fixed? 

#Pixel users found the problem months ago

Best Answer