Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless charging option for Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Maybe a thought for management that Fitbit watches could charge wirelessly- I have a Charge 4 at the moment, having upgraded due to continued faults with Charge 3 over a number of years and I am disappointed in the fact that I have all these spare charging accessories.  Love the ease of access and many functions in Fitbit, but disappointed 😒 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, @Smudger614 , welcome to the community, I don't think any of the Fitbit devices use wireless charging, they all need dedicated charging cables which of course come with the device when you buy them. It is the nature of wearables that their shape and size is an important feature and extra functions like wireless charging which will need additional real estate on the device need to justify their presence. I think the cable/clamp design functions well. There is a "Feature Suggestions" board here, it's worth looking through to see if any merit your vote, it is easy to put forward your own suggestion.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wireless charging inherently adds more heat due to its inefficiency. This excess heat can be damaging to the battery. It also requires having another coil in the tracker. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums, @Smudger614@Gr4ndp4 and @Rich_Laue, thanks for the input.

I understand how are you feeling and appreciate the feedback about wireless charging. Unfortunately, we do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am considering going to a different brand because the lack of this feature...I tracked quite frequently and having to pack a rather bulky charger just for my fitbit, when there are several other watches out there that have close to the same functions, makes me wonder if I should continue with Fitbit...I have had a charge 2, charge 3, versa, and versa 2.

Best Answer

I too have considered going to another brand for the lack of a Qi charger. However my reason is because the charging port keeps burning my skin. It’s happened a few times already, and it always happens when I forget to use scotch tape as a safety precaution. Except for the last time— I had scotch tape on the charging port and I still got burnt.  That was my tipping point, and I’m afraid to wear my Fitbit now. I simply don’t feel safe wearing the newer models if they still don’t have wireless charging. I hate how large the faces are for the Apple Watches, but I just might switch to them instead. 

Best Answer

It's one of the features I miss as well with my Sense, I sometimes even set it down to charge and about an hour in I will realize there's a bad connection and it's not actually charging. Also, I'm a heavy user and I like to keep my Sense on 99% of time, so I need to clean the charging ports usually before starting to charge, which is not something I enjoy doing. Plus, the wireless charging would make the Sense feel more neat and smart. I also don't mind the size increase, as the Sense is small for my wrist.

Best Answer

No offence but you really missed the memo on charging. Proprietary-only chargers are OUT. For both sustainability and practicality.

I don't want to remember to take your bespoke charging unit whenever I travel anywhere. If I forget it, there's no standard (eg QI) fallback option, and nobody is going to lend me a proprietary Fitbit charger.

This is 2022, there are standards for wireless charging and your competitors (esp in the smartwatch space) support them.

Best Answer