Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Battery Draining

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit Charge 5 for about a year and have had no issues. My battery life had been running 5-6 days. All of a sudden two days ago it is draining about 1% every couple of minutes. Needless to say that make it useless. I had made no changes to any settings. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @WMW66 Allowing you contacted "Customer Support" as suggested by the moderator have they offered you a way forward?

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

I have the same issue,  waiting on a answer to what I should do to fix this issue. 

Best Answer

I've tried resetting and reinstalling with no results.

Best Answer

Same issue - less than 2 hours from 100% charge. It also started 2 days ago in the middle of the night. I installed the latest firmware update and reset from the settings on the device and nothing has changed. 

Best Answer

My 4 and a half month old Charge 5 was great until it started this behavior about a week ago. Have rebooted thrice by either scrolling to the reset or hitting the charger button 3 times. No help. I used to get a week of battery, now a bit under a day. Can this be addressed, please?

Best Answer

Hi, @WMW66@Wulfgarthegreat , @kcole02@Poolboy1459 , see the last post in  Solved: Charge 5 battery draining too fast - Page 77 - Fitbit Community  

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are talking about the 'Best Answer' to that concern it is just a bunch of gibberish. Offers no help whatsoever. Simply some vague references to a firmware update that doesn't appear to be available except to a select few. And why would this problem just all of a sudden show up? It seems more likely that an update would cause the problem than solve it. In any case when I check the app says my Fitbit is up to date for what that's worth. 

Best Answer

Hi, @WMW66 Allowing you contacted "Customer Support" as suggested by the moderator have they offered you a way forward?

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer

I just finished a chat with a customer support representative and they are sending me a replacement. Apparently the Charge 5's that exhibit this sort of behavior are defective. I would suggest others having this problem so the same. BTW - not all of the 'Customer Support' links work. It took me a bit to finally reach a chat but once I did the representative was efficient and helpful.

Thank you for being responsive. Good customer service is important but rare.

Best Answer

I had a chat yesterday that told me to adjust the GPS setting on the watch (I had no idea it had GPS) to offload it to my phone, which seems to have helped, but I've still lost %35 since yesterday. Will give it one more day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ironically enough, mine started a day before the firmware update showed up. I installed it, reset the device both ways, turned off all the things and there's been no change. They are sending a replacement. 

Best Answer

Bought charge 5 about 4 months back. The charge used to last for atleast 3 to 4 days. Since yesterday 100% charge is getting discharged within 10 minutes. All of a sudden one fine day .. any suggestions would help !

Best Answer

Hi, @Adutta, contact "Customer Support" as indicated in earlier posts.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally used the chat feature on the Fitbit website. They were very
helpful and are replacing my Charge 5.

I would suggest you give them a try.
Best Answer

Thank you I will do that!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will do. Thanks !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just discovered that chat worked here only if I am already signed in on the forum. Had a brief chat and they want me to time how long it takes to go from 100 to 0%. Not a matter of great interest to me, but passes the time, I guess. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy to report a straightforward replacement promised after jumping through a few hoops. Hope to get a good one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to hear you were successful.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have the same issue exactly two days ago battery started draining very fast can not last more then 15h I would say.

Best Answer