Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Battery Draining

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit Charge 5 for about a year and have had no issues. My battery life had been running 5-6 days. All of a sudden two days ago it is draining about 1% every couple of minutes. Needless to say that make it useless. I had made no changes to any settings. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

Hi, @Ed_Melb have you contacted Customer Support? See the link in the posts above.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  I’ve turned off or uninstalled everything I don’t use but still poor battery life!

Best Answer
0 Votes
See best answer for the solution. (Contact Fitbit chat)
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Luxe is going the same way, suddenly starting to drain rapidly last week. After reading messages on this forum, I've just chatted with customer support who said they'd monitor the performance of my luxe over a couple of days. I have a case number and have been advised to try tips on this page: 

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/enUS/Helparticle/2004.htm 

Like others here, the sudden change seems to point to an issue with an update. Will see if they do anything beyond monitoring

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had my charge 5 a few days ago. First time charging, gave me 4 days. After firmware update, I get less than 24 hours. What’s happening. It syncs with iPhone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine presented the same problem over a week ago and after calling in to report the battery dying in less than 4 hrs initially, the troubleshooting worsened the problem to it dying immediately after being removed from the charger.

The company offered a “replacement”.
Be careful what you choose, when offered a “replacement” they will say it’s newly manufactured, but the device that showed up was scratched and filthy with oily smudges, hair and lint.

Of course your other option is to shell out more money for another device and Fitbit will only cover half of the cost.

Either way, it’s money lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The replacement I received looked brand new.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine arrived yesterday and was clearly new and in good condition. Has only lost 8% in the past day. The process took a while, but had a good result for me, looks like.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This just started with mine too.  100% usually lasted about 6 days, had 100% Thursday morning and it was dead by the time I got to work an hour and 15 minutes later.   Messed around resetting and thought maybe that was the problem, dead again within an hour and 15 minutes.  Glad to see they are helping people out here.  I'll post how my experience is too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same issue... Fitbit Charge 5... not even a year old was working great and then a week or so ago it cannot even hold a charge for 24 hours. Assuming the Charge 5 is junk. This is getting old as my previous Fitbits have had the same issue. Stupid me for buying new ones and then complaining when the batteries die before a year. 😞

Best Answer

If your Fitbit is losing battery, it's probably because a power-draining app or setting is turned on, like All-Day sync, constant notifications, or heartrate monitoring. You may also have too many apps running on your menu or you may be receiving silent alarms that are burning through your battery life.

Hope this helps

Best Answer

This makes sense. After an app update, my Luxe was draining in a few hours. After it had happened a couple of times, I checked the app for updates- which had signed me out. So my Luxe must have been trying to sync with the app endlessly without being able to find it. Since signing back in, it's back to normal drain rates. Thank you 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should mention that I turned off all possible functions and modules... rebooted the Fitbit and the phone multiple times, re-paired to the phone, resynced to the phone... signed into the app on the phone and the desktop pc... sync'd to the PC... but yet it still won't hold a charge for more than 6 hours. Tech support wants me to fully charge it and sync it multiple times per day and then measure the rate at which it dies... unfortunately, aint no one got time for that!  lol  Fitbit wins... I threw the Charge 5 in the trash and dropped another $125 for a new one. ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check the solution and then try the online chat. They sent me a new Charge
5 and it works great.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No. That's not it. A number of these Charge 5's are defective. The good
news is Fitbit will replace them free of charge.
Best Answer
You just got the wrong person on the chat line. When I chatted with them
after ensuring I had tried all of the solutions you mentioned they sent me
a new Charge 5 free.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is a LUXE, so I share this in case anyone has the same issue as me. I understand there are issues with faulty Charge 5s. Worth trying this before ditching your device for no good reason.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, that is not the case for me or else the Fitbit customer service is total crap... I already bought a new one so I guess I'm an idiot. The good news is that we can toss out the old Fitbit every year and buy a new one cheaper than the price of a new Apple Watch. ha ha!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you use the chat line?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, used the chat and the rep could not confirm that I had a Charge 5 (although he could see the last time I took a dump) lol  He wanted me to run a battery drain test for the next week and send them the results. Basically, charge the device to 100% and sync it 5 or 6 times a day until it ran out of battery for the next 7 days to confirm there is an issue. I told him that I'd be doing that exact same thing for the past 2 weeks due to the battery draining. As much as I'd like to be a beta tester for Fitbit I'd rather not pay for the privilege. Ha!   So, yeah, maybe someday Fitbit will hire an engineer to do what they are asking their customers to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes