Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Firmware Update 194.61

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

7/13 Update: We’re continuing to roll out this firmware for the Charge 5 Firmware Update 194.61, and expect more customers are able to update their devices. This is a progressive rollout and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We release updates in phases so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, don't worry - you'll have it soon!

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.61 for Charge 5 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here. For more details, please 
see this Community Blog post.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,167 REPLIES 1,167

I bought a Fitbit Charge 5 and started using it on Dec 15, 2023. When I paired the device, there was an update notification. Currently, there is no Wallet icon in my Fitbit app though my iPhone (iOS 17.2) location and Fitbit location settings are the United Kingdom. 

IMG_0131.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Android App : 4.03 F/W 188.58 - I initially reported here in September 2023 that I had been offered this update multiple times and each time either the process of trying to download the upgrade in the background to my C5 drained the battery in a few hours before being able to put on charge or when it did try to upgrade the process started and after a few seconds it said the upgrade had completed but nothing had happened. Each time after charging or failing the C5 restarted and the App did not offer the upgrade any more. In November a F/W update 'appeared' to brick the C5 - no display but app connection still working - it took MANY, MANY!! repeated resets via the charge cable and clock face changes over about 1 hour to restore normal operation and again update not showing as available - worth trying this and not just giving up after a couple of goes!!! I changed my clock face after that to a more simple one in case this was somehow clashing with the update - from 'Runliner' (the one I've always used) to 'Symphony' - a basic analog clock. [Fortunately I never deleted the Bluetooth connection otherwise with the blank diplay I would never have been able to repair - game over.

About a week ago I finally got the 4.04 app update and yesterday I was offered an update (turned out to be 194.91) - I assume the previous goes were 194.61 but because they failed the version was never shown.

I nervously accepted the FW update with the C5 on charge and this time the display changed to a Fitbit logo and then various 'bars' showing progess. After many minutes - not sure how long - the display went blank - fearing the worst I touched the diplay and it had just timed out - the update was completed. The app now showing I was on 194.91 - not 194.61.

I do not know if any of the - App update to 4.04, clock face change, newer FW version 194.91 had any impact on this process but somehting caused the update to now work successfully and so far battery drain is 'normal'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have any of you who downloaded the updated firmware get any new watch faces? I did not get the new faces with the firmware download and there were supposed to be 5 new ones. Anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me !

Best Answer

I'm not enjoying the update. I can't rearrange the order of the information tiles nor delete the ones I don't want. Not a fan and am looking at other fitness watch options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

   I'm new to Fitbit. Just got my Charge 5 updated last week and saw these Clocks watch faces.

IMG_0188.PNG

IMG_0187.PNG

IMG_0186.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hoangen these are all the old faces. There were supposed to be 5 additional new ones. Big fail on the part of Fitbit as usual... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to hear if anyone has run in to this before?

My first update failed. Afte rebooting the Fitbit multiple times a day it finally started installing. 

However, after that I was not able to use the watch. Its a week now of repeatedly rebooting the watch mutiple times a day. I still cannot wear the watch reasons why; Red light on the back which is both hot and does not read anything actually it is recording Steps, Energy burnt as well as other things without it moving off the counter. It's not even connected to anything, so how the hell is this happening? 

I've let the battery die several times. It reboots the loglo appears and same things as noted above.

Ever since Google has taken over, Fitbit has been getting worse! I'm not even mentioning how bad the update to the app was Stark white, No longer move items in the order I prefer to see things in, WTF!

The company has gone backwards in time. Extremely sad, I now have to research a new watch to move to not associated to Fitbit/Google. 

I'm can't deal with this anymore!! I've had these similar issues before but at least they straightened out after a day or two. 

Best Answer
0 Votes