Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining too fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the new Charge 5 for 2 days. The battery discharges within a day. GPS is off, the phone is not set to always on. In looking over the troubleshooting instructions from Fitbit, it seems that you essentially have to disable all of the features that were selling points of this device in order to get decent battery life. Even my ancient Charge 3 got 6 days on one charge! Has anyone with this battery problem found a solution other than disabling everything?

Best Answer
1,680 REPLIES 1,680

Mine wasn't lasting 24 hours without even exercising so after contacting Fitbit 3 times they sent a return label. Hope the new one isn't the same.

Best Answer

Just got the Charge 5 yesterday and yikes, within 10 hours the battery went from 99% to 40%. I don't have the clockface always on and this morning set the display to dim, hoping that would help the battery. But after 7 hours it's gone from 100% to 61%. This is not normal. I just checked to see if I had the GPS on, now I have it set to 'phone', perhaps that will help. 

My Charge 3 and Charge 4 truly did last 6 or 7 days, if the Charge 5 doesn't match that I'm going to return the thing. This is not acceptable.

Best Answer

My Charge 5 drops by one percent every second hour, on average, since five days now.

Similar to my previous Charge 3.

Best Answer

I am so frustrated with my Fitbit 5 thinking of sending it back ! Getting less than one days charge from it I have used all the tips provided and it’s still no better charged over night and it’s still only at 97%

worst Fitbit I’ve had so far think I’ll go back to the 3 at least you could get 4-5 days from that one 

Best Answer

Got the same issue.  Brand new yesterday, charged - started to use it at lunchtime.  GPS on Dynamic.  Now its on 18%!  Less than 24hrs later.

Oh dear.....faulty batch?

Best Answer

It seems a bunch of them are. I am on day 2 and I am at 85%. So far, so good for mine with battery life. I am hoping to get out and about today, to do one of my walks with GPS and see how much of the battery goes away. Also want to see how the HRM is with my chest strap testing. 

Best Answer

in other words, simply do not use the device

Best Answer

My brand new Charge 5 lasted less than 24hrs from a 100% charge - have recharged and uninstalled the SP02 app....lets see what this does.  GPS is dynamic (does not work anyway!) and screen is manual wake up....

Best Answer

Mine was 84% charged when I put it on out of the box on Monday and is now on 50% so is losing about 10% a day.  If you're losing it much faster than that, you need to organise a replacement.

Best Answer
Exactly. I did finally talk with a very helpful customer service agent and
I returned the device today. I purchased a Charge 4 from Best Buy
yesterday and it works like magic.
Best Answer

i wondering if this is an issue when synced to IOS only.

can android users confirm that the Charge 5 is draining on Android also?

Best Answer
Yes, it was draining on my Android and none of the recommended
troubleshooting made a difference.
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Charge 5. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. I understand how important is to track the daily activity you're doing. While you receive your replacement, you could try setting up MobileTrack, this will use your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance and calories burned. Once you receive your Charge 5, you can unpair it and continue tracking your data as usual. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I can confirm same issues with Android, the battery is draining in less than a day.

Best Answer

Same issue. I bought the Charge 5 on Monday. Contacted the chat on Tuesday explaining the battery was down to 36% after a day. GPS and Always ON Screen were already turned off. I was told to also turn off the SpO2. Since, then the battery went down 25% on Wednesday (day), a further 25% Wednesday night; and a further 10% Thursday morning after getting up. 

Contacted the chat again. Managed to get ridiculous circular advice about checking the tips to save battery life. I explained several times that most of the functionality was already turned off and asked that the person provide more specific advice. To which the response was do you want a refund; and, I'm not trained to handle this in your country. You'll get an email. 

What a disgraceful customer service response, particularly given the loyalty that most of us show towards these brands. I'll start looking for another product. 

Best Answer

Right - its the SP02 app.  I uninstalled that, and my battery has only gone down 10% in 24hrs.

Reported it to Fitbit - its not the device I suspect, but the app.  Lets see.....

Best Answer

I’m trying the possible solution below ! I’ve let the battery drain again and am doing a full 2nd charge 

if that does not help then it’s going back !!! 

Best Answer

I took mine back this afternoon and got a new one. This one is working perfectly … with SpO2 on. 

6 hours after charging, it’s lost 1%.

My advice would to be exchange the device. 

Best Answer

I am on day 3 and at 74%, mine seems to go down 4% daily. Which that is perfectly fine to me, the real test will be today when I go exercise and see how the battery acts. I am more worried about the HRM issues people are talking about. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue as everyone else. What I ended up doing was charging to 100% then letting it sit on my nightstand overnight. Instead of draining by 50% overnight it only went down 3%. I then wore it that day and it went down by only 10% in a 12 hour period. It has been doing great since. 

Best Answer