Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining too fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the new Charge 5 for 2 days. The battery discharges within a day. GPS is off, the phone is not set to always on. In looking over the troubleshooting instructions from Fitbit, it seems that you essentially have to disable all of the features that were selling points of this device in order to get decent battery life. Even my ancient Charge 3 got 6 days on one charge! Has anyone with this battery problem found a solution other than disabling everything?

Best Answer
1,680 REPLIES 1,680

I am experiencing the same issues, yet I wear is casually no hard workouts or tracking or anything and still experiencing the battery drain 

it’s very frustrating as I bought it for all it’s health features and most importantly the battery life! I came from an Apple Watch and I have to admit this is much more frustrating. At least with Apple Watch I had a charging routine that worked well, but with this fitbit since I expect 4+ days but get 2 I can’t create that charging routine and I don’t want to charge it nightly because that defeats a major selling point of this device for me. 

this has to be fixed!  I’ve reached out to fitbit and they have a “higher team” reviewing it. But I’m at the point where I’m just getting a very sour taste in my mouth regarding this product.  

Best Answer

In my case, the problem resides with the SPO2 APP installed or not.

My Charge 5 is only getting DRAINED at night.. like DRAINED. during the day its totally fine.

Remove the SPO2 apps, battery can last up to 8 days. As soon as I reinstall it, even if I restart the watch right before bed, it gets drained. (yes I have disabled always on, gps, all that crap)

Clearly there is a pattern here since from what I have read, the SPO2 readings are mostly done at night and you can check the score the next morning...

To be, removing an advertised feature (spo2) to make another one work (8 days battery life) is NOT a fix...

Best Answer
Thanks for the info. 

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done the same, restarted the device. I've used the device with GPS on while bike riding, and it depleted the battery quite fast (it was GPS inbuilt one); after I've switched it to GPS Phone it seemed to work just fine and battery did not have any issues. I always turn off the GPS from the device itself when choosing the specific exercise, i.e. Bike > GPS off

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Note 8, android, and my battery life has also been a problem. I had changed settings to preserve battery life and for 2 weeks I only had to charge 1x each week. Yesterday and today, without any changes in activity level, unless perhaps less than last week, my battery drained in less than a day. Another thing that puzzles me is that it takes no time at all to charge up until the 99%. To get from 99% to 100% it can take as long as 3 hours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wondering if there are any heavy users of Fitbit Charge 5:

from 1 x single full 100% charge, how many days does Fitbit Charge 5 battery last on average? 

(assuming you are using the GPS, workout, bike etc, and/or you use it heavily for any type of exercises)

Thank you!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 to 8 days . With 5 workout a week as well as 3 to 5... 1 hour walk using
the dynamic GPS.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx a lot @Philus 

In my case, I had it fully charged 1 day ago, I am now at 82% after using GPS Phone and synced on iPhone while bike riding (2 x bike rides, one 30 mins, another 10 mins) - with mobile data on for the whole bike rides. Also used it for workout 50 mins (but no GPS on workout). 
Will keep track to see how long the battery will last for me.

@Philus when doing your 1 hour walk using dynamic GPS, do you keep your phone mobile data (4G/5G)  on all the time ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines the same I’m quite disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m sending mine back for a replacement. Hopefully, they have corrected the problem and the replacement will work correctly.

Best Answer
Report back if that is the case
Best Answer

Very disappointed, this is my 6th Fitbit (been a loyal fan since 2009 - often hand off my current Fitbit to a friend so I can try out new features) battery has never drained this fast. Screen is on manual, gps is off. If I walk 5 miles during the day the battery is dead within 24 hours. Also having issues where the app constantly notifies me that it can’t sync with the device but I can see the data updating. So weird 

Best Answer
I've noticed the same thing with the sync. Forcing it to sync again seems to work fine. I've also noticed if I restart the device 'immediately after charging to 100% I get better battery life. I have similar settings to you
Information contained in this email is subject to the Disclaimer and Privacy Notice found by clicking on the following link: http://www.lyb.com/en/about-us/disclaimer
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the exact same!
It constantly says it can’t sync I have to reboot it with the charging cord
This sucks they should do a recall clearly These devices aren’t working
properly
Best Answer
I agree they should do a recall. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi  have. you tried to do an total y battey. Drain and let the  charger. Charge. Over night

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback about the Charge 5. 

We're aware that other users have been experiencing the same inconvenience with the battery draining faster than expected. It seems that some of you have already contacted the Support team or were able to resolve. 

If you haven't done so already, make sure that you've exhausted all the troubleshooting steps in this article to improve battery life. Some of the features that can drain the battery more rapidly are: 

• Built-in GPS (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 4 day when using this feature regularly, or up to 5 hours if you use it continuously).
  • Always-on display (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 3 days when using this feature). 
  • Using an SpO2 clock face (Fitbit points out in this article that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when collecting SpO2 data).

In addition to the steps mentioned earlier, please make sure to restart your device following these steps and then sync your device to your account as well, this has been useful for other people after a couple of days to resolve this problem. 

If you already followed the recommendations and you still consider the battery is draining too fast, I recommend that you reach out to our Customer Support team here for further assistance. They will let you know how to proceed. 

Have a good day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Just like all Charge 5 users in this community, I have battery life issues too. Looking at "How to prolong battery life" from your official site, we are advised to basically turn off all the selling features in Charge 5. Very disappointed. My last Fitbit device, Charge 2, was fantastic. And I thought after so many releases, Fitbit would've improved the Charge model.

Could it be the colour screen that you guys are using now? Literally, the same size as those monochromatic screens, looking at the size of Charge 5, it seems like the battery itself is not bigger than previous models. Meaning it is draining the battery faster.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too..

My battery lasting around 24 hours???

What am I doing wrong?

How can I get better lifespan from battery

Thanks

Kerryn 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t think we are doing anything wrong. They suggest turning off the gps
and a certain other small tips but it takes away from the original use of