Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining too fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the new Charge 5 for 2 days. The battery discharges within a day. GPS is off, the phone is not set to always on. In looking over the troubleshooting instructions from Fitbit, it seems that you essentially have to disable all of the features that were selling points of this device in order to get decent battery life. Even my ancient Charge 3 got 6 days on one charge! Has anyone with this battery problem found a solution other than disabling everything?

Best Answer
1,680 REPLIES 1,680

I've done the download  for what it said was   20001.149.11 but when it finished, 20001.171.50. Nothing was mentioned about battery issue fixes, so let's see what happens.

Best Answer

There was a new firmware today, let's see if that finally fixes it (there doesn't seem to be any documentation confirming it either way which is not encouraging). Interested in feedback on the firmware update from anyone on this post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They'll document it when they figure out if it helps...

Best Answer

I updated the firmware on my Charge 5 and my battery has drained by 23% in 2 hours. Also, I can’t recharge it. The last time this happened, I had to delete the thing from the app and reinstall it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my C5 after charging to 88% last night and when got up this morning the battery level had increased to 93%. 🤯

Best Answer

I'm having this problem for the first time since I got it last Christmas. I charged it to 100% just before I went to sleep. Took it off charge and wore it like I usually do to sleep and it was dead when I woke up. I've tried charging it and it got to 30% but as soon as I took it off charge it dropped to 6%.

Best Answer

MelissaM535, Please write firmware version now. 

It became important. 

Best Answer

After a full charge (100%) i went to settings on the device and restarted it.

I now lasts 5 days without charging!

I've charged it again, so far no problems.

I hope it works for you guys as well, let me know.

Best Answer

Do you mean update the fitbit app? I did that already. 

Best Answer

Fitbit charge 5 - bateery drain and screen flickering

I am having the same issue - battery is draining quickly and suddenly and also the screen is flickering frequently. 

I have tried resetting, restarting, turning off charge 5 gps, disconnecting it via phone and reconneting and all the options have been failed. The watch is not even one year old. I have heard there is going to be an update rolled out to fix this issue but I am not sure when. I wanted to know if there is any fixed date for the update being rolled out in Germany. I got the fitbit charge 5 in Germany.

I contacted fitbit via Twitter but the response was not satisfactory. How can it be possible that customer buys Charge 5 and later fitbit rolls out a corrupt update and blames customer to figure it out. !! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My firmware version is 20001.171.50

Best Answer

My firmware version is 20001.149.11

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is too … I have no idea if it has updated or not? There was no notification on the app of an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are some news of some firmware update rolling out thus afternoon - did anyone start getting it, and if yes - what should it look like in case it reaches your phone (mine is Android)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted fitbit support via twitter and they responded that they are working on new firmware that will fix our issues. See the conversation below with fitbit support.

Fitibt-
The update is already being rolled out, although due to its random nature we can't say when you'll be receiving it. Make sure to sync your Charge 5 regularly to ensure that it starts downloading the update once it's available. When an update is available, the Fitbit app downloads a small portion of the firmware each time you sync your Fitbit device. This reduces the amount of time you wait for updates to install. While the update is downloading, you won't see an available update in the Fitbit app. For more information, see http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1871.htm. Due to the nature of the issue itself being resolved with the latest firmware update, we're unable to offer replacements for affected Charge 5 users. We get your concern and we're doing our best to make this firmware update available to all affected devices as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience.

Myself-
sad to hear that. i hope the firmware update fixes the issue.

Fitbit
Our team has thoroughly tested the update to fix the battery drain issue and you should eventually be receiving it. We hope you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe.

Myself-
 battery is draining quickly and suddenly and also the screen is flickering frequently. I have tried resetting, restarting, turning off charge 5 gps, disconnecting it via phone and reconneting and all the options have been failed. The watch is not even one year old. I wanted to know if there is any fixed date for the update being rolled out in Germany. I got the fitbit charge 5 in Germany. How can it be possible that customer buys Charge 5 and later fitbit rolls out a corrupt update and blames customer to figure it out. !!

Fitbit
At this time, we're still rolling out the latest update for the Charge 5 to address the battery issue and we're unable to provide a definite date for when this will be made available on your end. Regarding the flickering screen, try a restart as previously instructed since this usually helps. If the issue persists, share your Fitbit account email address for us to have a closer look.

Best Answer

I just installed the update- it brings in the "find my phone" app which is a great addition.  Not sure what else, there are very limited info about the update...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has rolled out an update. I got one. I hope it will solve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not having a problem since I got my replacement in May. Getting 8+ days on a charge. Should I apply the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had mine for too short a time to be giving advice. My battery performance improved dramatically after the restart. I didn’t notice any further improvement after the update . I am using less than 10% of capacity per day. I believe in keeping my software up to date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going to fully charge and uninstall Fitbit Charge 3 and see if this works for me. Appreciate the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes