Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining too fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the new Charge 5 for 2 days. The battery discharges within a day. GPS is off, the phone is not set to always on. In looking over the troubleshooting instructions from Fitbit, it seems that you essentially have to disable all of the features that were selling points of this device in order to get decent battery life. Even my ancient Charge 3 got 6 days on one charge! Has anyone with this battery problem found a solution other than disabling everything?

Best Answer
1,680 REPLIES 1,680

Don’t give up. I got sent a replacement after my 3rd attempt to sort it out via live chat. It was logged finally that it was faulty as not holding battery for longer than 2 hours. They told me to give it 2 days with everything turned off and they would check the data. They then emailed me to say they could see it wasn’t working and I got sent a new one within the week, no returning the old one either. I haven’t updated it and it lasts 5 days, yay!! I had no receipt, they just wanted to know where it was purchased. Stick at it, I was relentless on social media, on here & a total of 5 live chats from the beginning (when they weren’t originally accepting any responsibility) Good luck! 

Best Answer

Thank you!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you like waiting for that replacement.  For me, it was almost 2 months from the time they sent that return label until I actually received the replacement (and I sent it back the next day after getting the return label).  By the time the replacement finally arrived I had already purchased a competitive product, which I am still using happily.  The replacement never got opened and now sits in a drawer.  

Best Answer
Can I have it? My address is …. Hahahhaha

Just kidding g of course, but honestly, I hope it doesn’t take that long!
Best Answer

Mine went for at least 5 days+ without recharging until last week.  When they work they're wonderful!  Something is wrong with yours too.

Best Answer

Same here- working fine until last week

Best Answer

It's just getting worse now.  I could make it at least a full day before.  Today was fully charged around 9:30-10AM and I got a low battery notification at 3.  What a piece of junk this thing is.  I cannot believe how difficult they make it to get a replacement.  Obviously the problem is the Fitbit and not how I use it.

ETA: did they shut off the support features??

Best Answer

I tried to go to support 3X today and it says the page has moved???

I'm so upset.  And frustrated.  

Best Answer

I DM-ed them on Twitter a few weeks ago so I just sent them a message in that thread.  No response yet.  But when I go to the support page it's blank for me. 

Best Answer

How do I turn off the SPO2?  I just got my Charge 5 and I've had to recharge 3x in one day?

Best Answer

I sent them a DM and a message in the help thread and I have not gotten a response - I am resigned to just charge it every morning. After reading all these Posts I am happy mine lasts an entire day!

Best Answer

Me too.  I just messaged them on FB.   If it lasts a day you should be happy!  🙂

I remember when I'd charge it once a week.  Those were the days..

Best Answer

The most infuriating part about this entire situation is that Google could make all of these issues go away. How many of us have complained so far, maybe a few thousand? According to, uh Google, they sold 10.6 million smart devices in 2021. Any # of replacements is a drop in the well.

SO, HERE IS THE SECRET -> Tell them your unit is dead. You plug it in an it won't turn on or charge. That it's completely toast. Make sure it's completely drained and not connected to Bluetooth. Then they'll send you a new one. Which is really easy, they send you a link, you fill out a little form and in a few days you have new C5 (no band/accessories) delivered in a plain cardboard envelope. So easy and that's why this whole thing is so infuriating.

Yes, Google, I LIED to your Support team to get a working Fitbit. My new Fitbit lasted almost 10 days on a single charge. 

Best Answer

Yes, I am now happy that it last day I just hope it continues to do so I cannot believe the posts I’m reading about this that they are not doing anything about it!

Best Answer
I agree totally

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I wish mine lasted a day! I have to charge it 2-3 times a day. Pretty sad considering I bought it because it was advertised to last 7 days on 1 charge. 

Best Answer

FYI...to anyone who has been following this...FITBIT has responded, with an almost IMMEDIATE response after I contacted them via FB messenger.  They have sent me the info. to get a replacement or an entirely new one for 50% off (in case I want to change which model to get).

Thank you all for your suggestions and for being a sounding board.  Thank you to FITBIT for hearing me!

Filling out the forms today and I'll let you know how it goes!

Best Answer

I started having this issue last week.  My charge 5, will die over night, is no longer holding a full charge over 24 hours.  Helppp!!

Best Answer

Ditto- sucks that’s why I’m just charging it every morning but it shouldn’t be this way mine used to hold a charge for nine days and nobody has responded from Fitbit for those of us that have had the charge five since it rolled out

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a solution -- I broke down and bought another tracker, and it wa NOT a Fitbit.  Works great, and eliminated all my frustration with the Fitbit C5 which is, in my opinion,  worthless 

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer