Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have a Charge 5 that's only a few months old. This morning it stopped synching. The screen is black. We have tried the reset and it only flashes the Fitbit logo and does nothing else. Not sure what else to do.

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

I have tried all the trouble shooting strategies. My screen is blank and my Fitbit won't even charge. I did not have these issues with my Charge 2. This Fitbit is two weeks old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We’ve tried the three pulse restart method with the charging cable multiple times.  It’s impossible to change to a different clock face because the watch will not sync anymore. As I said, it stopped synching Sunday morning. It only shows the Fitbit logo on the watch screen. 

Best Answer

I had my charge 3 for years with no issues…this charge 5 has been nothing but problems and I e only had since Feb…I Fitbit to work for an hour or so then battery is totally dead and only get the black screen!

------------

I finally got mine to work by changing the clock face(as suggested)but it only worked for a couple hours then black face again…put on charger and tapped the side charger button 3 times and it said battery at 1% then went black again…this is ridiculous! 

Best Answer

Wow I came to research why my screen is black. It stopped responding to the charger and is now totally dead. Mine hasn't synced since Sunday either. This blows because I rely on the silent alarm feature 😭

Best Answer

Same here, just happened last night. Couldnt imagine so many people suddenly have the same problem too.

completely black screen cant see fitbit logo even restarting the device. Can only feel its vibration. 

----------

Cant change clock face , as its stuck at switching faces at the app forever(always found the clock switching interface is shxx

can still sync with the fitbit and found it from the app that the battery is draining very fast. 

would definitely get a replacement if i can but how to be sure if the new one isnt just the same. Really losing faith in fitbit products.

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer

I spoke to support yesterday.  I didn't realize that little round circle on the charging cable USB port is a reset button.  Support had me push it three times with a few seconds in between and the black screen is gone and I can see everything again..  Give that a try.  My Charge 5 is even syncing faster then it was before. 

Best Answer

Yes we have all tried that I am afraid. I contacted support today and I am returning my Fitbit for a replacement as it will not reset or set up again if you delete from the app, delete the app and reinstall. As the screen is black as someone else mentioned you cannot see the Bluetooth pairing code to set up again.

Best Answer

Tried that 3 times reset method many times and not solving 

Best Answer

Same as mine which has just happened within the last hour

Best Answer

This appears to quite a serious issue but no input from those “fitbit moderators”. 

Best Answer

I called support again... I had to call 4 times had to send a video of the Fitbit issue before they set up a replacement.  --- the whole process makes me weary, what would have happened if my device still wasnt in the warranty period?  Thank goodness I have Halo for backup until the Replacement arrives. 

Best Answer

feel a bit better that's its no ME that's the problem but with the FitBit, does anyone have a contact for them that is NOT google or twitter, our Mod has seemed to have disappeared.   SO I guess answer to the creator of this thread,, should you get a FitBit 5?   its a big NO from me.  As someone else stated above the earlier version lasted for years the last two ( 4 & 5) have been nothing but trouble ,, big case of fixing something that wasn't broken

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for all your replies and for confirming that you already tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned here earlier. I'm sorry to see that many of you are still having this problem, but it's good to know that some users were able to resolve it as well. 

If you've tried all the recommendations in the thread and you continue to have the same problem with the screen of the Charge 5 not responding, please make sure to get in touch with the Customer Support team. You can click here click here to get connected and chat with us online or give us a call. 

Please know that all your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for responding ,, not being disrespectful but are you actually reading our messages ? I have already requested a link that is NOT google or twitter as I have neither. Reading the responses... I don't see anyone that has said that your suggestions has fixed the problems.

Best Answer

Just get a new replacement today. My only worry is what happen if the warranty expires? (Which is months away)

guess this should be the best answer?

Best Answer

LOLOLOL   are you all for real ? SO I gave up and actually called your support, explained the problem and they gave me a case #.. this morning,, NOT even 12 hours later  I receive this in my inbox ...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for contacting Fitbit Support. It’s been a little while since we heard from you, so we closed your case. For the fastest answers, visit our HELP SITE 

You can also:

• Visit our    COMMUNITY FORUM to see suggestions from other customers
  • Use our   ONLINE WARRANTY  to replace your in-warranty band

If you want to find support in your region, visit 

• To see your support options, verify your country and language at the bottom of the page.
  • If a tile is:
    • Dimmed, that support option isn’t available at this time. Try back during the hours listed.
    • Not present, support isn’t available on that channel at this time. Select an available support option or try back at a later time.

Sincerely,

Fitbit Support

Best Answer

I spoke to their live chat team yesterday and explained I had tried everything suggested on the forum. I was sent an email to return it and they will send a replacement out. Mines is less than 6months old. I would suggest their live chat team or the contact number on the website. 

Best Answer

Morning 🙂 I spoke to them yesturday as well the last time they were super helpful , this time around this was my response from them 😞 I’ll try and call them again it’s getting very frustrating that’s for sure 

Best Answer

Thats very poor in comparison to how they dealt with me. I agree they usually are very good but like many others I am concerned about if this issue isn't resolved and happens again! 

Best Answer

I think simply calling them would be more useful especially you have the warranty. I never have constructive assistance from fitbit via online chats.

Best Answer
0 Votes