Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have a Charge 5 that's only a few months old. This morning it stopped synching. The screen is black. We have tried the reset and it only flashes the Fitbit logo and does nothing else. Not sure what else to do.

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

Yes exactly as it doesnt look like a hardware problem.

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer

Mine stopped working this morning too.  My first watch that I bought in November would never download the software.  They sent me a replacement in March but this one will not stay connected to my bluetooth.  This morning the screen is black.  I just talked to someone about this and was told that they will not offer a refund because it is over 45 days.  They offered to replace the one I have but decided to just buy another brand.  They have had problems with this since its release and they are just not worth the time.  Will never buy a fitbit again. 

Best Answer

How would they offer you the refund but not replacement? That's excellent and I wish I had the same. I am worried that the replacement I got now will just have another problem soon and the warranty expires in a few months. 

Best Answer

I tried them again this morning like you said WOW 100% different customer service , very helpful 

update ,, I purchased the watch in October , they are sending me my second replacement. Living on an island I have to pay shipping plus 22% customs duty on the value. Could our very helpful moderator please explain how we can get longer use from it please ?  

Best Answer

Why didnt just get a refund? Its faulty and you need to pay extra for getting a replacement within warranty? Thats ridiculous.

Best Answer

I was never offered that option ,, replacement or 50% off another watch ,, I had purchased via Amazon 

Best Answer

This worked for me. After the 3 pulse restart I changed the clock face, then could change it back to the original face. Still ok so far 🤞

Best Answer
My black screen issue seems resolved but now my battery goes dead twice a day…called customer service and they’re sending me a replacement…hope it works better

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for all the comments and for sharing  your experience with this so far. 

If you're new to this thread and if you haven't done so already, please make sure to exhaust all the troubleshooting options here earlier that have been useful for other users. 

In case you continue to experience the same issue with the display, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team. You can click here click here to get connected and chat with us online or give us a call. 

Thanks again for all the feedback and comments that you've provided so far. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks david, can you confirm that the Fitbit charge 5 has an on going problem? Is there anything that we can do to ensure it can last long as the 3? I love Fitbit but not at all impressed with the charge 5!

Best Answer

I am on my second fitbit 5 and it is still not working correctly.  The first one I had would not load the software so they finally replaced it.  The one I have now will not stay connected to my bluetooth so I have not been able to get any reports.  They offered to send me another replacement but told them I have no faith that the third one will be any better. They said I could not get my money back because it was past the 45 day period.  So now all I have is an expensive fitbit that just keeps time.  I've had two of the earlier versions and had no problems but the charge 5 should never had been released until all the problems were fixed.  Going to buy another brand that actually works.

Best Answer

They offered me a replacement OR 50% off another model of watch ,, I purchased via Amazon and paid with Amex ,, I think I’m more upset due to no one is really addressing or admitting they have a problem with this watch ,, I have asked numerous times what can I do differently to make my watch last longer ,, us$175 plus 22% customs duty ,, which I have to pay when I clear the watch via customs ,, so this is becoming a very expensive watch ,, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me on Memorial Weekend and after trying everything posted here with no resoulution I called Customer Service.  Since my Charge 5 was under warranty they said, "No problem, send it back with the label we send and we will send a new one."  I used the label and shipped it back when I got home on June 6th.  It is still not in the warehouse of Fitbit.  It seems once it gets to a USPS hub Fitbit has FedEX s\ground pick it up.  They must be using a bicycle. So now I have spent most of June with no Charge5 and I am paying for Premium service.  I called today and he said once it arrives then they will take about 5 days to ship a new one, or if I want a refund I would have to wait 2 weeks after they get it.  This is unacceptable customer service.  You can see that I shipped it back, it is under warranty.  As soon as you see that it is in transit, a new watch should be sent.  Bottom line, if your watch is under warranty, get the RMA # and ship it yourself.  If you don't have a Fitbit watch, go elsewhere!  @DavideFitbit  my RMA is 45542688 

Best Answer

This happened to me this morning. My husband and I just got Charge 5 on May 20th.  His is still working. This charge 5 is probably my 6th Fitbit tracker since 2015.  Black screen, it’s dead, and won’t charge.  I tried cleaning it, changing clock face, pressing 3 buttons on cable near USB… all the tries Help people have given. It is Zip zippo deadsville. Until I get this figured out, I’m back to my charge 4 for now. Hopefully I can get a replacement or it’ll really be time for Apple watch

Best Answer

I only bought my Charge 5 at the weekend.  And have had many similar issues since then. Today it recorded my sleep and steps fine, then screen went blank again. I have reloaded the app, tried the press button 3 time reset but nothing,  occasionally getting the logo and a buzz but no further.  The screen is still blank but is able to sync with the phone as my steps are increasing.  I tried to download today's software update and appeared to get full download on app and it appeared to almost complete on phone but just went blank and nothing.  Very frustrating 

Best Answer

Why can't the next steps be listed here? Why do I have to call customer support and be on eternal hold? I don't think you're fully reading our posts. I have a black screen of death even after performing the three pulse restart and the full 15 second restart. How would I change the clock face when the charge 5 won't even turn on? 

Best Answer

Mine went black today 😐 … all I did was change the clock face to one I didn’t want them changed it back to the one I originally had on it. 
Seems to be working fine now. 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

That may help but not always, not at least not for me and some other users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for all the feedback that you've shared about this issue with the display not responding. 

If you haven't done so already, please make sure to try the steps listed here previously, as they're usually helpful with any type of display issues.

I've seen other users having this inconvenience, but every case is evaluated individually. If you've exhausted all troubleshooting options available in the forums and you're still having this problem, please make sure to get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with the next steps. You can click here click here to get connected and chat with us online or give us a call. 

Thanks again for all the information provided. The team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is big part of that process. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Morning Fitbit community , well thought I’d carry on with my journey, this morning woke up to the black screen ,, changed watch face and I’ve revived it ,,, let’s see how much longer before I get the next problem

Best Answer