Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have a Charge 5 that's only a few months old. This morning it stopped synching. The screen is black. We have tried the reset and it only flashes the Fitbit logo and does nothing else. Not sure what else to do.

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

At this point I am with you!  Started dealing with this yesterday and over it already!  Anyone of know of other competing products out there.  Just curious if you have heard great reviews or now trying something else! 

Best Answer
I had a charge 3 before and loved it. I took the 5 back for a refund, had
enough.
Ended up buying a Samsung Fit 2, seems quite decent so far. Quite a bit
cheaper.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats nice. Good that you managed to get a refund. 

agree that fitbit products now getting overpriced for the quality and support. I saw some review also saying Fitbit keeping some functions under premium, while other brands just provide you the same with the device. Fitbit is eventually going to lose customer confidence (or already). 

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer

Same! How can I re-pair when all I see are just lines!😩

Best Answer

My touchscreen stopped working today, too. Here's a list of history, conditions that I've noticed, and things that I've tried if it helps anyone:

• Purchased October 2021 with a premium membership
  • Worked well until about a month ago. Typically worn 24/7.
  • About a month ago, I started noticing severe battery drain. It would not hold a charge for a day. Turned off GPS tracking, attached the charger and restarted the device. This seemed to fix the device, and my battery life seemed noticeably improved, better than when it was new.
  • Two days ago, after sleeping, I noticed the screen wouldn't turn on with either wrist movement or tapping. I thought maybe the battery problem returned. I stuck it in the charger, still no screen. It still was paired to my phone, though, and still tracked steps.
  • After charging for awhile, I got the screen to come back on, but it was very bright and seemed kind of washed out.
  • The touchscreen started acting very flaky: sometimes I couldn't get it to respond; sometimes it was OK; and sometimes it was washed out again. I noticed when it was washed out if I pushed on the sides a certain way it would lighten or darken.
  • Today, it just stopped working altogether. Still pairs with my device, still tracks, just the touchscreen doesn't work.
  • Tried resetting by charging and pushing the button three times. This doesn't even yield the Fitbit icon. The screen just doesn't work.
  • Tried changing the watch face several times. No dice.
  • Tried unpairing and force stopping the Fitbit app, resetting the Charge 5, and repairing. Still not working.

So, I called customer service today. There was virtually no wait and the CSR was very helpful. We tried changing the clock face one more time which didn't work. They're supposed to send an email with instructions to get a replacement. So far, so good. Kind of disappointed the device screen stopped working, but no problems with customer service at this point.

Update: Received an email within 10 minutes of call with CSR with a replacement offer which I accepted. Near immediate followup email telling me that my replacement order is in. Shipped two days later on Monday afternoon, scheduled delivery by Friday evening. Again, so far, so good: hassle free customer service, no complaints.

2nd update: Received my replacement this morning, so about a week's turnaround. Replacement is in good working order so far. Definitely suggest calling customer service if you have this issue. Now, let's see if this one will last more than 8 months. Been eyeing Garmin, so hope Fitbit's worked out the kinks....

Best Answer

Same here. They want me to send a video of swiping and it not working but I cannot send one through the chat, 4 hours later still waiting on the email from them to send video. How was your resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes
All the solutions I have been offered have been posted! None of them work! #disappointing

Get Outlook for iOS<>

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still waiting for the email that’s supposed to give me instructions on where and how to send it back for a replacement.😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

Email support are quite useless. I have received a few follow up on my case and its even worse than those i saw from this forum. Hopeless customer support from fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

? I never had to return it, they made me refresh via phone then I got the red circle with X in the center, I have to admit the replacement came fast and the service amazing at the end BUT I rather have a watch I can rely on with a long life expectancy 

Best Answer

You are definitely not alone. I’ve had my Fitbit Charge 5 since Christmas last year. While I was at work the screen went black. I got home and put it on the charger, did the troubleshooting steps, tried to change the clock, everything. Nothing worked. I tried it three times, and then contacted customer support. They had me make them a video showing my case number and showing me tapping the screen and swiping back-and-forth then showing the back with a green light still lit, etc. They are sending me a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today 17.7.2022 suddenly I notes that my fitbit charge 5 screen is not working (or it's not turning on when I raise my hand).. then I notes that even the green sensor lights are not on. I restart it (4 times) still not working. 

When I sync with app it show the steps, and any new steps also. But as I mentioned No screen and No green sensor lights.  ANY ADVICE.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

Call Fitbit customer service - best advice I can give based on similar, but not identical, experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just was on DM with Fitbi, my charge 5 battery goes from 90% to 7% in less than 10min. Fitbit team claims that they're working on firmware update !! and they advice to do some restart and remove / add the devise to the app! I think they made a change to the app on May/June and that affects all our charge5 devices.  

Best Answer

No battery issue with mine. 

just black screen and ecg not working anymore since early June.

Best Answer

Yesterday, 17/07, my Fitbit screen went blank, no green lights and non responsive. It charges to 100% but doesn't work and then starts charging again at 1%. I have been onto support 5 times. I have followed all their instructions but it is still not working. I have the Charge 5 since Christmas. I have not been offered a replacement as was told it is a problem with Charge 5 and they are working on an update that will be available "soon". When I questioned how soon, I was just again told "soon". Not very helpful and extremely disappointed, as my Charge 2 Fitbit lasted for years without any problems.

Best Answer

I had mine with ecg problem and their reply at online support said exact same thing, “working on an update soon” “but dont know when”. And the staff online simply rush to terminate the online chat, which is the fitbit services offering. 

Best Answer

Same result: red circle with white X inside, after 3 pulse restart method.

I performed the 3 pulse restart method. Now the screen shows a red circle with a white X inside. No way to connect with app ( show only "looking..." )

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Just black screen, nothing happening after the logo shows when i did a couple of restarts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry for that, no way to resolve this issue, I think it's a hardware defect, Fitbit team keep giving  instructions that never work.  I already purchase Huawei band 7. 

Best Answer
0 Votes