Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps losing Bluetooth connection

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, I solved one problem and now have another. My Charge 5 keeps constantly connecting and disconnecting with Bluetooth and it’s very frustrating. Any ideas? I’ve tried all the usual things!!

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

:white_heavy_check_mark::white_heavy_check_mark::white_heavy_check_mark: absolutely 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Rodlowe@Amalthea100 and @Happyunisus.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 5 and your efforts while working on this situation. As mentioned above, let me share this issue has been reported to our team and they're currently working to get it fixed. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. While we don't have further details to share; however, your feedback is appreciated and rest assured it'll be passed along to our team to keep them informed of this situation.

Best Answer

Thanks for your email, it’s a pity, because I liked everything else about it… maybe a charge 6 is on the horizon?
In the meantime I have returned it, as it is useless if it does not work half the time…☹((

Kind Regards

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Where did you get yours? I got mine at Target. 

Best Answer

I bought it through a local distributor, TAKE A LOT

Kind Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Rodlowe and @Amalthea100.

I understand where you're coming from and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Our team will continue working on this issue to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

I apologize one more time for this inconvenience. Your patience is appreciated and rest assured your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer

Hi, This is discouraging to see that the inconstancy of connection between the Charge 5 and bluetooth was a known problem in January and in mid-May this is still an issue. Like other reporters, I have tried (and retried, and retried...) the suggestions listed above but to have to struggle daily with my Fitbit to get my stats is tedious, unexpected, time-consuming and certainly is making me consider my options for wearables. I have been using Fitbit for many years, but now I am considering whether it's time to move to another choice, all because of this connectivity issue. Shouldn't Fitbit make this a priority fix and do a release soon? At least provide some information to users as to when they can expect relief. Thanks!

Best Answer

I sent mine back and bought a charge 4 again, not what I wanted to do, I considered Apple watch too.

I think with these problems, surely they should take it off the market till they fix the problem?

Kind Regards

Best Answer

Fitbit have become a total joke unfortunately. I've had to return a charge 5 and a versa 3 because the bluetooth is just so buggy. The GPS on the charge 5 didn't work at all, the versa 3 kept rebooting itself, and both had the same bluetooth issues which no other brand of tracker I own has an issue with. Despite battling with Fitbit's laughable support, nobody would admit they have had a bluetooth issue since January. So yeah, these watches should absolutely not be on the market. They are absolutely not fit for purpose

Best Answer

Hi everyone

Thanks for the detailed information and every step tried prior to posting. Our team is aware of this situation and they're working hard to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. While there isn't a time frame for this fix, we'll keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Your feedback is appreciated and please know it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues and I’m very disappointed. Love Fitbit products and would hate to change to another brand. Hope it gets fix soon.

-------------

Sad to say I’m having the same issue. How long before this is resolved?

Best Answer

Hi there, @Cautiousc.

Thanks for joining this thread and letting me know about your Charge 5. Currently there isn't a time frame for the fix; however, our team will continue working hard to bring a solution to all our affected members.

I understand how you're feeling about this situation and appreciate your feedback. Every comment shared in this thread helps us to keep our team informed of the situation, and yours won't be the exception. Please know this thread will be updated as soon as we have more details from them.

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  Why is this still a problem without any additional details?  Are you able to reproduce the problem in house?  If not, please let me know and I can work with an engineer on the support team to get whatever documentation needed to solve this problem.  This inconsistency of Bluetooth connectivity has only happened on the Charge 5.  I had a Charge 2 & Charge 4 previously and never had a problem like this.

Has something changed with Apple iPhone software for Bluetooth?  Is there a problem with the Charge 5 hardware?

Best Answer

Welcome on board, @mutodd5.

Thanks for joining this thread and for your willingness in helping us with this issue. Our team is aware of this situation experienced with the Charge 5 and they're working to get this resolved as soon as possible. Currently we don't have more details about their investigation or the time frame for the fix; however, your feedback will be forwarded so they can be aware of your experience.

I apologize for this inconvenience and if we'll update this thread as soon as we receive more information from them.

Best Answer

Also joining this thread.  The charge 5 does not stay linked well. I've tried some things listed... Restarting phone, restart device, restart app, relink in bluetooth.  It's frustrating.  It does eventually link, but I haven't found the combination that works every time.

Best Answer

Joining as well. Been looking for answers for the last 2 weeks since i bought my 5 (4 simply went dark and screen wouldn’t come back on). I can only sync after I forget the tracker in BT and repair.  It is absolutely terrible that the same response since Jan 2022 is being stated to loyal and potential customers in June 2022.   This will be my last fitbit as much as I loved the 4 previous versions I had.  

Fitbit, you all need to fix this issue now!!!

Best Answer

Just bought a Charge 5 today. Wish I had seen all of these posts before I did. Already having the same issue. Have had several versions of Fitbit. Quality control seems to be getting worse not better.  Customer support is rude. I will be looking for a different brand. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Bill_M@-CHIC- and @atxmom Welcome on board.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 5. As mentioned before, this issue has been reported to our team and they're working to bring a fix to all our affected members. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, as well as your experience with our Support team. Every feedback shared in the forums never goes unnoticed as it helps us to improve our services, and yours won't be the exception.

Best Answer

I’m another person having trouble pairing my charge 5. Bluetooth connection is not stable. Goes off and on and won’t pair with app. I’ve tried suggested solutions multiple times. I see others have had this problem. Has this been resolved yet?

Best Answer

Yep, same here.. 😞 Most of the time a reboot of the phone and Charge 5 is needed in order to sync 😞

Best Answer