Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app Update is terrible

The latest app update for my charge 5 is just awful. Not only is the layout impossible - not remotely intuitive or user friendly, all the data is off - it won’t log my sleep correctly anymore (usually says I slept 2 hours or no hours at all when I slept 7). Resting HR is messed up. 

I’ve worn Fitbit Charge for a few years and have had ever version since version 2. But if there’s not a fix soon, I’ll be tossing this thing and going to another brand altogether. This does absolutely nothing at all to meet my purpose in wearing it. Major QA fail this update! And major thumbs down on the design 

----

Seems like they didn’t both beta testing it at all before the release! I’ve
loved Fitbit for 5 years now and haven’t been tempted to look elsewhere but
I sure am now. My sleep and HR are all messed up too. And they’ve had
plenty of time to fix the glitch since the update - almost seems like this
is what it is going to be!

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Fed up with the app not loading, crashing, taking forever to catch up with itself when it finally does deign to load. It’s become a frustrating albatross.

Best Answer

Don’t do it and turn off auto updates for the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I had the same! I mention a competitor and they took it down.Maybe fir bit should put their app in order and take notice that they are going to lose out if they don’t improve the app soon.Glad you’re happy with your new device.
Good luck

Sent from the all-new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer

Well, at least now we know they're reading these posts.  I've been wondering about that all along.  So now that we know they are reading our posts it's safe to assume they don't care about our complaints.  I too am fed up with this lousy app and have bought a new device.  

Hey FITBIT or Google or whoever is running this mess, you're losing business because you're too stubborn to listen.  Wake up and pay attention to your once loyal customers.  A comment or two from you telling us that you are paying attention and working on the issue would go a long way.  Better yet, just go back to the original app that we ALL liked so much and worked so well.  

Best Answer

I also hate the new Fitbit app design. It's boring and cold and hard to navigate. I WISH we had the option to revert to the old design. PLEASE Fitbit, Google, WHOMEVER - this design is awful, I've been using Fitbits for MANY years and much prefer the old design and layout. I liked the colors and contrast and alive, energetic feeling of the old Fitbit app!! PLEASE GIVE US THE OPTION. THIS NEW APP IS NOT IT!!! 

Best Answer

Totally agree. I now have to launch the app 3 or 4 times in order to get it to work at all, and when I try to log my food intake, if it’s not something I’ve eaten before, even though it finds it in its list, it refuses to add it my daily intake. Also, if I scroll back through my calorie intake from the past few days, I’ll find that I’ve consumed thousands of calories more than I should have. Opening up that days intake, I’ll find it has added some items 2 or times, when I’ve only added them once. Come on Google, sort it out, or I won’t be buying another Fitbit.

Best Answer

Do you have premium? It takes that for some apps to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have premium. My wife doesn't. The app has lost its added value regardless of premium membership, so it has nothing to do with the user experience.

Best Answer

I have a change 5 , it’s two years old with premium and works okay.  All the apps work fine but battery life is short. Sorry you’re experiencing a bad experience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree…everything you said is correct. I’m so frustrated and ready to make a change! The app was great! If it’s not broke don’t fix it!

how do we get it back??!!

Best Answer

would love to know if their is “crack/hack” to downgrade and get the old app version back ?

Best Answer

Haha right!! We need the code. 

Best Answer

I had so many issues with watches before Google... For the first time my watch is doing okay, but now the app has ruined my experience. Unless there are major changes to the app I'm done with Fitbit.... I know Google won't care about little old me, as they'll still be raking it in, but I don't care they won't care 😂, just wanted to add comments on my hatred for the app too! 

Best Answer

Complete junk. Simplicity is best. The last thing i want to do is take time to figure out the app! Reading the sleep monitoring is like deciphering code. It needs to be a quick and easy read. Scrolling to find out the exact time i actually fell asleep is enough to turn me into an apple watch user. They need to reinstate the older version. 

Best Answer

This has been going on for months with absolutely NO IMPROVEMENT.  They obviously don't care.  I'm done!  Bought an Apple watch last week.  Everyone else should bale too.  They don't care about us, we shouldn't care about them.  My loyalty to them is long gone.  See ya!!!  

Best Answer

The March 2024 is even worse. If it's not broken don't fix it! If this keeps up, I'm choosing a different tracking watch! 

Best Answer

The 2024 sleep tracking is worse than ever!

Best Answer

Omg I opened it up, the sleep tracker this morning and it's awful! 😔  Why Fitbit / Google ? What are are you doing.

Best Answer

Yes the update affected my app this morning. My sleep data is messy and difficult.

Best Answer

Horrible, huh?

Best Answer