Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0x0009

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR decided it no longer wanted to sync to my iphone, deleted the app and did all of the regular stuff to no avail. I then decided to try sync it to the PC - after about 5 minutes it would tell me that it had lost connection. 

I then attempted a hard rest, after showing VIBE, the screen comes up with ERROR 0x0009. 

Has my FitBit had it? Quite annoying, it's only 3 months old. 

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

Welcome to the Community @jhoneysett. Sorry to hear about the syncing issues you experienced. Thank you for your efforts while trying to resolve this issue before contacting us. Since you have done all the regular workarounds, it could be a good idea getting in touch with Customer Support. They will be happy to investigate your case and provide assistance as soon as possible.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around. Robot Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Same exact problem @jhoneysett

Best Answer

had the same problem today:

- The battery lasted less than one day,

- and it did not sync,

- The time was completely off,

-  When trying to do a factory reset, I had an error 0x0009 switching immediately to OFF without the ERASE option. So the reset did not occur.

I fixed it by doing a factory reset and keeping the button pressed for 5 seconds while every message is displayed. This way:

1 - connect to power cable and charge.

2 - While connected: press the button 2 seconds:

3 -  Keep it connected and remove the power cable.

4 - Keep the button pressed for 10 seconds.

5 - Stop pressing and press again immediately.

6 - The screen becomes white: press for 5+ seconds and release

7 - The error 0x0009 is displayed, press for 5+ seconds and release

8 - ERASE is displayed, press for 5 seconds and release.

the device should turn off with a factory reset.

I am not sure it is necessary to press each time for 5 seconds, but it worked this way.

So far I could sync. I dont know if the battery problem remains... will see.

Best Answer

Update:

I fixed the 0x0009 yesterday and it seems that all problem are gone, including battery drain.

I checked and the battery level this morning and it was normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge HR did this yesterday as well but after the Error code 0X0009 I could never get it to ever come back. I tried resetting it all day yesterday and today to no avail. If I connect it to the charger now I get sort of a half bar for something although I'm not sure for what and if it is not connected, it's completely dead. I've had it for almost a year and this was my third HR sent to me from Fitbit before one completely worked (first one wouldn't record HR and second one wouldn't hold a charge at all). Any advise? Fitbit Charge HR problem.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JayMacT @Bzerk @Sashall It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community. @Bzerk I'm glad to hear that you have fixed the problem you were experiencing. 

@Sashall I would recommend following these steps to resolve the issue with your Charge HR showing a half battery charge. Hope this get you back on track.

@JayMacT If you haven't done it already, please reach out the Support team.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JayMacT & @EdsonFitbit mine won't add it back either. I was successful in removing it but not adding it back in any way. I guess I'll contact customer support tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bzerk's solution worked for me (many thanks BTW!):

Charge HR (v 122) stoppped syncing yesterday evening. Did a couple of soft resets, switching bluetooth off and back on, uninstalled and then reinstalled app on iPhone 6 - no luck. Set-up Fitbit app on laptop (Win7) - no luck.

Ultimately went through factory reset, reinstalled app on iPhone 6 and now it works again.

Odd though that we all seem to suffer a similar issue over the past few days ... it may very well not have anything to do with it but did any of you switch to the new dashboard look recently? I know I did.

I'm now back in and will remain on the old dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2nd Update.

Sadly my Charge HR stopped functionning completely.

I am sad, I bough it a little less than one year ago and now it is dead. Last charge laster a few hour and now it is not charging any more. I had many problems with the watch, first, The glue on the rubber did not hold correctly that is probably why some sweat damaged the device.

I will borrow my wife's charge HR for the moment. And evaluate alternatives.

Really sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Bzerk. I'm sorry yours didn't fix itself either. I ended up spending over an hour and a half on the phone during my work day with a very nice but in the end not effective CSR, installing and uninstalling the app, trying to factory reset it too many times to count, I was then told that there was nothing the CSR could do further but to escalate the problem to another dept. who would contact me within 36 to 48 hours. I was really unhappy about that. The last two times I'd called Fitbit, they managed the problem immediately. I appreciate that Fitbit did get back to me the next day but I have been without my Fitbit since the 24th of June because of some crazy firmware problem caused by Fitbit. They have asked me to send my Charge HR back to their returns department in San Francisco (on my own dime I might add) I guess under the 1yr warranty. I don’t really feel this is a warranty issue rather this is a Fitbit firmware problem based upon all the comments on the blogs I saw. Regardless, I'll eat the $6.45 shipping because I’ve lost two weeks of tracking and really want a working Fitbit again. However I am especially annoyed at Fitbit because my neighbor had the exact same problem with her Fitbit within hours of mine. I posted the problem on Facebook and she saw it and contacted me because hers had just that day started to not work either-same error etc. She had the same half bar problem/going dead/unable to restore problem as I. In fact I helped her contact Fitbit and provided her the error code and other information. She called Fitbit and they told her they would replace it immediately and overnighted it to her the next day. She did not have to mail hers back at her own cost either. Why didn't they do that with me? I would have really appreciated having my HR with me on vacation! Good luck. You should definitely call Fitbit though as if its less than a year old it may still be under warranty. I mailed my HR back to Fitbit today so I'll update you more if I hear anything back from Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot return it, I bough it on travel duty free and I lost the proof of buying. Besides, it is almost 1 year ago. Short term solution is to use my wife's, and I participated to the new peeble time 2 with HR monitor.

It seems cool. I will receive it in october or november. It is a long time, I hope it worth the wait.

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you ever resolve this? I have the same problem! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to send mine back to Fitbit for a replacement. Mine was still under a one year warranty. So no I never got it fixed but yes it was resolved. Definitely call Fitbit customer service first. They'll walk you through all the same steps the blog recommends even if you've already tried them, so you might as well call right from the beginning.

Good luck.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Good to see you in the Fitbit Community! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having problems with this error on your Charge HR trackers. If you've not tried restarting it yet, you can do so by plugging the tracker to the charger and the charger to a power source. While it's plugged, press the button for 10-12 seconds and the tracker will restart.

If after doing this your tracker is still not working properly, feel free to get in touch with the Support Team and they will be happy to take a look for you and get you back on track.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit will also loose it syncing capabilities after a while. When doing factory reset it will show error 0x0009. Any fix available for this? I think the feature came after the latest FW release 122. Really annoying to loose week's activity data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Hannu. Welcome to the Fitbit Commmunity!

Normally, when doing a factory reset, it will for sure delete all the information stored in the tracker but it should not affect the syncing capabilities. If after doing a factory reset on your tracker, you're not able to get it to sync after a couple of  tries, feel free to get in touch with the Support Team. They will be happy to take a look and help you out with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I don't really want to do a factory reset but I have to, because Fitbit is loosing synching capabilities.

Looks like no fix available...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know of any other fix. If you call customer support that's what they will walk you through. You can try uninstalling the app from your phone and reinstalling it but you're probably going to have to do the factory reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same error / problem.  Though, it would sync with my ipad, just not my iphone.  Replaced my iphone because I've been having issues with that, and it wouldn't sync with the new iphone.  Finally did a factory reset, and now I'm syncing.  I guess we will see how long this lasts.  P.S.  My problems started about 2 weeks ago with my Fitbit Charge.  I noticed it on Saturday 7/30/16.

Best Answer
0 Votes