Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0x0009

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR decided it no longer wanted to sync to my iphone, deleted the app and did all of the regular stuff to no avail. I then decided to try sync it to the PC - after about 5 minutes it would tell me that it had lost connection. 

I then attempted a hard rest, after showing VIBE, the screen comes up with ERROR 0x0009. 

Has my FitBit had it? Quite annoying, it's only 3 months old. 

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

I have tried Android, Windows phone and Windows PC. Every device will have the same synching problem with Fitbit.

What this error 0x0009 stands for? Why it's showing it during factory reset?

Best Answer

I have had the same issue, I contacted fitbit 3 times and went through lengthy fixes. I was told they do not know what the error 0x0009 means. The customer representative said he has notheard of anyone with this problem. I am beginning to lose faith in the product. I have had the syncing problem 3 times over 2 weeks. Once it tried to sync and just flashed the correct info and then went back to not syncing. Anyone else getting frustrated.

Best Answer

I've had the same problem, you are not alone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder who has done the FW if they don't even know the error codes for it. 🙂
And looks like no interest to fix it either.
Anyway, what's the point to make sport device which is not even water proof? Like swimming wouldn't be sport activity at all. I noticed this too late as it was not clearly mentioned in advertisement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was very unhappy about the assistance I received on the phone and during live chat. They had me do the same things over and over. The representative did not know about the error message and I had to be very insistent before they would replace my tracker, but they finally did agree to send me a new one. I'm wondering if it is an inherent problem with the design.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Bzerk, I also had the same problem of not syncing with bluetooth, which already lasted for about two weeks now. I've been temporarily fixing it by soft resetting the Charge HR with the 12 second thing while being connected to a power supply.

Factory reset didn't happen by following what the official guide said, but your method worked like a charm on the error 0x0009. 

Whether the Bluetooth syncing problem is a software or hardware, only time would tell...if I don't reply to this thread again, assume that it works out fine!

Best Answer
0 Votes

the part that was left out at the end was to go into the app on your phone and set up the device. i was trying to connect using bluetooth setttings and it would not connect. after starting the app, it connected through the app itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jayb1rd. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums!

You're totally right, when it comes to setting up a tracker as a new device, you need to do this from the Fitbit application and not from the bluetooth settings on your phone.

If you need any help, let me know. I'll be happy to assist!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doing this killed my Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Kenyamora. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums!

Did your tracker stop responding after performing the factory reset?

Have you tried to do a normal restart after that by pressing the button for 10-12 seconds while it's charging or does it light up when you put it to charge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfect....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @FelipeRosati, great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Are you having any problem with your Charge HR that you need help with?

If so, let me know. I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for all, now is everything ok...my Charge HR is working very well

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning I went to go get my charger hr I think that’s what it is called but it had the wrong time would not sync or connected I went to do a rest and I got a error code 0X0009? Help ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had same issues, and then some, getting my charge hr to sync. Two calls to support got me no where. Fitbit help website gave me different, better info and I was able to resolve my issues (so far so good). Retraining might be in order for some. I have other Fitbits/electronics and I've never had more headaches than I've gotten from this Charge HR. 

Best Answer
0 Votes