Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The bluetooth on my fitbit is broken, it wont connect to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

First of all, I just want to say that I have really enjoyed having my Fitbit for the last 3 weeks, its been great fun tracking steps against friends and family. This is the main reason why i'm so frustrated as I love wearing the fitbit! 

The fitbit started by displaying the wrong time - I then went through the relevant steps and it worked again. 

It then worked for another 3 days. Before doing the same thing again. However this time, after following all the relevant steps to get it to work. The bluetooth is now broken and it won't connect to my phones bluetooth (This does work as tested on other bluetooth devices). 

I'm not sure what is left to do - should I get a replacement?

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128
My issue turned out to be an un advertised update of the iOS system on my iPad

Roger Haller
Principal - IT Talent Finder
Best Answer
0 Votes

hello im having the same issue can you help me get my fitbit started. ive tried it all an d still no luck thanks in advanced

Best Answer

I found that I had to uninstall and re-install the app after I updated my iPad. I also found it messed me up when I had it linked to more than one device

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up contacting support and getting replacement
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Ashb92, I'm glad you found a solution but sorry it had to go that deep.

Roger Haller
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Fitbit Flex for Mother's Day and it worked great for about 3 days. Ever since then, I have to constantly reconnect because the Bluetooth isn't working. My phone picks up all the other Bluetooth devices around me, but not the flex that is sitting right next to it. I am so frustrated. Can this be replaced or am I SOL? I used to use the cheap trackers and had to keep replacing batteries, so I figured I would finally spend some money on myself and get the more expensive tracker, only to have it not work too. Very hard to track steps and get credit when the thing doesn't work. I am ready to throw it away and go back to replacing batteries. I get an error message regarding Bluetooth and to hit continue if this is the first time seeing the message or cancel. I have tried everything I have seen in these forums.

Best Answer

I did not know how to restart my Fitbit.  I tried it and it worked.  Many thanks!

Best Answer

Same happening to me. Tried everything.  Mine still has correct time.....but won't sync to any of my devices. Two of my computers said no Bluetooth found.....I'm thinking it's done and mine is just 1 yr old.   Arghhh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thought I would check back in and let you all know what I ended up doing.  I just let my tracker use up it's battery and completely go dead.  Then once I charged it up and tried to connect it again, it magically worked.  No idea why, but I've been using it for several months now with no other problems. 

Best Answer

Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling the app was what worked for me. It's been good since.

bot a great design, so I'm hoping that fix is coming soon.

now I just have to get the dang thing to record my complete sleep pattern instead of giving me a blank spot for an hour or two most nights.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of the above steps including trying to set it up as a new device for my fitbit flex. The device is charged, had been reset numerous times, software uninstalled and reinstalled, etc. Nothing is working. The lights show steps and charging, but something is wrong.

This is the third fitbit flex I've owned and I enjoy the product. I'm frustrated with this current error and have spent a couple of hours working on it.

Please advise soonest.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happens to mine Surge.. I spent around an hour yesterday with a Fitbit tech doing everything and nothing worked. The only remedy I got after all the troubleshooting was an offer of 25% to buy a new one. My watch is out the one-year warranty period. Although I like to use the watch, why would I buy it again even with a discount? And I do not want a new replacement but a way to fix the one I have.

Best Answer

The exact same issue found here! Charge HR, after 6 month of good use...it suddenly can not be detected by my iPhone, iPad and iMac...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same issue.  My fitbit wouldn't sync up for yesterday's steps (trust me, I WANT those over 30,000 steps to count for what I went through and to beat my daughter and brother-in-law in our challenge).  I first thought it was battery issue, but it's been fully charged. I had made sure my phone was fully charged.  It kept stating that the bluetooth was off (but it's not issues with my phone, as it would connect to other items) so it must be my fitbit?  I had even powered off my phone last night, restarted it.  And I had even lugged my laptop with that dongle which was how I had synced in past.  I've now tried to follow the other suggestion, to uninstall fitbit app, turnoff wifi/bluetooth and then follow instructions that seemed to work for someone else by following Ale . . .  except I get a slew of forums and not sure which instructions to now do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CallieT I hope you are able to sync these steps. According to my own experience, none of the online solution worked...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once the app is restored, simply add your Fitbit to the app.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RunBurn  Yeah, I actually contacted tech support and we tried all of that . . . I'm so bummed.  I refuse to leave this seat since no steps count . . (just kidding, kinda).  At least I was given a link to manually log my steps but it doesn't seem to be syncing to the challenges, but shows on my dashboard but not for all the challenges (vs daughter and her friend).  The fitbit on wrist at least tracks my steps but doesn't help if I can't transfer data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cowboylogic   Do you by chance know why my steps (in my dashboard) aren't loading up to the workweek challenge or better yet, how to make sure it does?  Thanks in advance.  I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app . . . and already learned it won't sync with my fitbit (gotta be the bluetooth in it, as it will find my daughters, and my laptop won't find it either or sync

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I hope support is seeing this and I wish I'd read this thread before getting a Charge HR and seen what a common issue it is. Its bluetooth is broken. No device can see it. Can't sync. Only had it since March. I have followed every troubleshoot, nothing works. Multiple restarts, bluetooth on/offs, deleting the device and trying to reconnect it, everything. How do I get it fixed or replaced please.

Best Answer