Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge won't update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I bought a Charge today. I set everything up, but it wants me to update. When I try, nothing ever happens. I have read through the posts and have restarted my phone. Not fun to have a new product that is causing a headache!
Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I had to factory reset my FitBit Charge HR to connect to anything. Not sure what happened but thats what it took.

Just go a simple google search for Factory Reset Fitbit, Uninstall the APP, Connect FitBit to PC after reset, Follow Instructions on how to update fitbit from PC, Reinstall FitBit App, Reconnect to Phone. Boom!

Best Answer
0 Votes

this didnt work. it keeps saying that its connected to another device. I turned the bluetooth off of the 2 devices I have the app on, as well as have turned them off. it cant find my tracker. I have also restarted my fitbit 4 times. nothing is working. super frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bill_42, how are you today? I appreciate the instructions you posted! They are really useful 'cause some users might have paired their tracker through the Bluetooth on the phone, and that is not the correct procedure so then they have to forget the device. 

@MarkJW82, I appreciate you have taken the time to troubleshoot your tracker. Tell me, did it update? is it syncing properly? 

@short_stack, welcome to the Community! So when you are trying to update the Firmware of your tracker, does it say "connected to another device"? Let me suggest you something, since you already tried to restart your Fitbit, now try to set it up with your Android device by following the instructions on @AlejandraFitbit post and if it wont update, please try to update the firmware by using a computer. 

Let me know the outcome guys! Smiley Very Happy

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I have restarted my device about 5 times, bout the tracker still fails to be updated.      

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Lawzzaa

It's a shame to hear that you were not able to update your tracker. If you have already tried the steps that @HeydyF shared on her post and the issue persists, I suggest contacting the Support Team they'll take good care of your tracker. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
Thanks this actually worked !! I tried it the way the first chick said, restarting it and logging in and out and that didn't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @Damgab, it's nice to see new faces in the Community! Cat Happy

I'm glad to read that you were able to fix the issue with the update and thank you for the time you took to do troubleshooting steps.

I'd like to invite you the our Community Discussions Board where you can find other Fitbit users sharing their ideas, recipes and motivation to a healthy style life.

I hope to see you more often in the Forums! Cat Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer

I was able to update the charge 2 by having the charge plugged into the usb on the computer during the update process. Perhaps the battery in the charge wasn't fully charged.

Best Answer

Hey @MargJ2, it's awesome to have you as a Community member! Cat Embarassed

I'm really glad to know that you were able to complete the update for the Charge 2, actually this process always take a lot of battery to be completed and have it plugged while updating is a great idea. I'll let other users know this awesome finding you did! Cat Wink

If you have time please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle.

Hope to see you around the forums.

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer

This is the first thing that worked! Thank you so much!

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @Jessminda11

I'm glad to hear that you have it sorted out. Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tipsrecipes and more! Give it a look!

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Maxjwinters

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can’t turn off the device while it’s updating. You can’t logout while it’s updating. So please tell me how this is supposed to be a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes