Integration with Strava.com and Strava app

Dear FitBit:

I know there are a lot of FitBit users who would really like FitBit to be compatabile with the Strava.com website and app.  Currently FitBit works with RunKeeper, MapMyRun (and MapMyRide), but not with Strava.  Strava provides much more details than RunKepper and MapMyRun and is also a more bike-friendly app than MapMyRide.  I posted this same request on your Facebook and have sent emails to you as well.  As you can see from your forum and from googling "FitBit sync to Strava" there are many people complaining that this is not already a feature.  PLEASE PLEASE work on this feature..... it would be very welcomed and only make me more of a FitBit supporter.

Sincerely,
Randy Wood
A FitBit Surge Owner / Biker / Runner

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

48 Comments
mikeduthie
First Steps

+1 .. Strava integration would be very useful. I am adding rides manually but unsure how that engages with steps counted during my ride.

DonAcker
First Steps
it would be great to have a cycling mode added to the mix! It would also be great for in the heart rate sensor to be picked up by Strava
chrisduffy92
Jogger

100% in agreement here.  The lack of support is nearly a deal breaker for me.  Randy is spot on with his comments.

RandyWood84
Recovery Runner

@chrisduffy92 :  Also, considering I am a new FitBit owner, I am very annoyed that FitBit does not add bi-directional syncing between the third-party apps that it does support.  That is, that although a run logged in FitBit will sync to MapMyRun, a run logged in MapMyRun will not sync to FitBit.  What the heck??  I am seriously considering returning my Surge and buying the new Jawbone UP3, which does have bidirectional syncing with the majority of the apps it supports and also supports Strava (bidirectionally).

Roneckjr
Walker
This is already "Under Consideration"
rmt729
Keeping Pace

+1 please add cycling as an exercise option

nharvey81
First Steps

Strava Strava Strava! completly agree with above, If Strava is intergrated into fitbits products I can easly say you will have everything!

It is the only down side that currently Fitbit does not intergrate with strava! Please do this!!!!!

antikewl
Base Runner

Yes, please add at least the ability to sync a GPS-mapped run tracked by Fitbit Surge with my Strava account. Preferably two-way sync, but baby steps! 😄

garmone
Jogger

Please have Strava integration. 

healdman23
First Steps

I'm very disappointed that Fitbit runs / exercises do not sync with Endomondo..  will this be fixed?

JeffU
Recovery Runner

+1

Glad to see the announcement that some level of fitbit <-> Strava integration is planned... now I'm curious as to how much and when 🙂 fitbit + Strava + Myfitnesspal = killer combination! I too am currently migrating my GPS workouts manually to get them into Strava thanks to this little web app Andrew Chapello kindly developed! discussed here (unfortuately this provides a GPX file and the heart rate data doesn't come across but at least the GPS coordinates do and you get the Strava comparison features)

garmone
Jogger

One aspect of Runmeter integration with Strava is that you can go back and sync all the old runs. Hopefully it will be easy to back fill recorded fitbit runs. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I mountain bike 3000+ miles per year.  That's a lot of fitness, with no way for my fitbit surge to log.  I know it is currently under consideration, but please make integration with Strava a reality!  Strava has an incredible following in the biking community and allows me to not only compete against other riders but against myself as well.  Would love to review all those miles, calories, etc... in my fitbit app too!

sox311
First Steps

+1 for the Fitbit GPS routes to export into strava. My Garmin Forerunner 10 and Garmin Connect integrates flawlessly. Without this I cannot use the Surge to track runs and must continue to use my Garmin, therefore not getting heartrate data. Rendering the surge much less successful. 

JamesDarley
Base Runner

I wear a Flex all day, every day, but for serious training I turn to my Garmin Forerunner 910XT. I would love the ability to view my workouts (including splits and GPS data) in the dashboard alongside all of the information from my Flex and Aria.

Would it be possible to implement importing of workouts from either Strava or via FIT/TCX file?

I know that this request is effectively asking you to open your platform to other manufacturers, but for people who have already invested in expensive multisport watches (and who aren't currently in a position to replace them) it'd be greatly appreciated, even if it was a "premium only" feature.

Thanks for your time.

Starkman78
Base Runner

I agree wholeheartedly. I need a much more sophisticated fitness training platform. I have been using Endomondo for the past year, solely because of the automatic upload to Fitbit. I am now in the process of transitioning to Micoach as it has so much more to offer. However, I still prefer Fitbit to be the main site where I manage my health information. I understand that Fitbit cannot partner with all platforms, but it seems reasonable to facilitate import of TCX/GPX files from platforms that are not partners. File export is a premium feature. Fair enough. Throw file import in there as well and you'll be golden.

bfill1985
Recovery Runner

Any updates on Strava integration? This, for me, is the difference between the Surge being okay and brilliant.

Ermano
Recovery Runner

I will return the Surge if this feature will not be available

Ermano
Recovery Runner

And the export too

vamostony
Recovery Runner

Fitbit

Please address this topic. I would imagine that you are starting to lose customers now.

Ps my first post.

Canatella
Jogger

Strava + FitBit SURGE appears will be the "crown jewels" of a partnership for a wearable + app integration for consumers 'hard users' that drove the adoption of advanced monitoring of an integrated healthy lifestyle with activities impacts involving running and cycling. It will be a partnership movement killer app for this agility in "consider" to win a "stamp" internal "prioritize" not to please the fans of this post, but to gain a competitive advantage competitors who tried to do everything in one " Smart Watch" without making right what matters most to those who are consumers of high technology to support a healthy lifestyle and therein lies the self value that FitBit Surge and Strava should pursue. I know you worked hard since FitBit Force appears to have a level of solution with GPS + HR being 'first move' integrated this segment so friendly to a vibrant community, but now we're talking fast response that consumers and members of community have expectation for the next stages of development so that the SURGE really make sense for the other competitors who will stand. And that includes among other things Strava part of the game. And soon.

Butts12
First Steps
I think it be great if you guys used strava it's a much better Training tracker and it has limitless potential for your product. Second your GPS needs to either (a) be worked on or (b) need a cycle tracker.y recent ride I used the run GPS for my bike ride and it was off by a wopping 24-26 miles which is not acceptable.
Butts12
First Steps
I think it be great if you guys used strava it's a much better Training tracker and it has limitless potential for your product. Second your GPS needs to either (a) be worked on or (b) need a cycle tracker.y recent ride I used the run GPS for my bike ride and it was off by a wopping 24-26 miles which is not acceptable.
mcameron
First Steps

+1

You need to allow users to own their own data and get it out of fitbit's walled garden. If you don't, then people will leave your garden. I love Fitbit's products, I just ugpraded to the Surge, but I want to track my runs with Strava and use it's capabilities. If Fitbit doesn't start openning up then I would start to trend towards Garmin.

Randomitus
First Steps

I'd like to be bale use GPS enabled FitBit products to integrate with Strava so that I don't need to take my Garmin on my bike or my iPhone with me when I'm running.

Instead I'd upload to Strava directly from my FitBit product.

Thanks!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.