Add Menstrual Health to the Fitbit export data

The new Female Health is great and hopefully will be better when we can add more symptoms and personal notes. I want to further analyse trends in my energy levels/mood/cravings/health, etc. correlated with my menstrual cycle. Therefore, please add Female health to the .csv data export (https://www.fitbit.com/premium/export).

Thank you!

Moderator edit: label

16 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Acrozynk, good suggestion. This type of date might be really helpful for users that like to do a deeper analysis on their data. Let's see what people think!

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Acrozynk thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

SparkyzFan
Recovery Runner

I log migraine headaches for my neurologist and would like to be able to print or export the female health data.  The fit bit app is much more convenient to use than my current migraine log.  

mrpoohcat
First Steps

Would liike to comment on the comment from SparkyzFan recovery runner "I log migraine headaches for my neurologist and would like to be able to print or export the female health data.  The fit bit app is much more convenient to use than my current migraine log. "; I, too, would like to use the tracker to track headaches; but once you put the information in there is no way to pull the information out!

Jennanne26
First Steps

Im surprised this is "under consideration" it's actually a legal requirement under GDPR for any users Fitbit service in the EEA. As the female health tracking info is entered by the user its subject to data subject access & portability requests. I can provide links to evidence this if required. 

jdermard
Jogger

I can't believe there are so few votes here considering all the comments and requests for more detailed Female Health Features.  My personal request is too include all Female Health issues in relation to the period.  This includes Pregnancy and Pre/Post Menopause. 

I am sure there are many other female health features that can be included, but I prefer to keep the watch simple, so I personally would not want all kinds of personal health issues added that are not only female.  The amount of information can get out of hand & the request for changes may not stop.   If people want more and more features they should buy a different watch.  However, having said this, it would be nice to have the option for 3rd party apps on the Alta, this may satisfy a large number of needs without having to make too many changes to the basic watch.  Thank you for listening.

Jennanne26
First Steps

I'm really surprised they haven't responded to/understood their legal obligations with regards to data portability!

Redfox15
Stepping Up

The tracker definitely needs more symptoms or 'conditions adding, such as cravings, bloated, tiredness, moodiness to name a few

Deaterrae
First Steps

The point of tracking is to be able to collect and provide data to health providers.  Tracking through Fitbit is useless to me until I can access and easily download and print the data I collect.  Your programmers might have seen this as a way to help women predict fertility cycles, but many women have irregular periods and other explicit symptoms that we want to report to our doctors.  If this data continues to be literally locked in my phone with no way for me to access and print it to take to an appointment, it is genuinely useless.  I may as well go back to tracking this information via Google Calendar - not remotely designed for it, but at least I can print!

sswift
Recovery Runner

Any progress on this? Frankly, I'm surprised it's not implemented yet

joshsharp
Recovery Runner

It's really disappointing to see that this is not yet implemented given it is required under GDPR's "Right to data portability", meaning Fitbit is currently in violation of EU regulations.

Nimsy
First Steps

Generate printed report of stats from date-ranges such as mood or headaches. To help with diagnosis  of health triggers.

Moderator edit: format

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Nimsy Thanks for your suggestion about having an option to print mood or headaches.

I moved it to this thread because it is the same idea.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released. You can find more details here How do I export my Fitbit account data? .

@Acrozynk, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit.

We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

cat-a-flame
Recovery Runner

Hi,

I'm using the Period Tracker, My calendar app for tracking my period and sympthons. I was wondering if we could have an import feature to copy all my data from other apps? I don't want to use 2 apps for the same thing, but copying all the data is way too much work (we're talking about like 4 years).

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @cat-a-flame, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.