Alarm based on set hours slept (eg. wake me up after 8 hours)

I love the silent alarm, but on the weekend my sleep schedule trends to get changed and I over sleep. Because Fitbit can track hours slept, I'd love the ability to set an alarm based on hours slept. Example: after sleeping 8.5 hours my silent alarm would go off. This would allow me to not oversleep while letting me "sleep in". Thanks for listening to this idea!

114 Comments
jasenkoh
First Steps

+1 on sleep goal and alarm integration, definitely something that would make me to love my fitbit even more.

milesbelli
First Steps

Yes! I would definitely use this. In my mind it'd work the same ways the existing alarms do, letting me choose which days to have it do this for.

For example, on weekdays I don't always meet my sleep goal, but that's because I need to get up to go to work, so it's a lower priority. But this is not the case for weekends, where I'd rather I get a full night's sleep rather than wake up at a specific time. So I'd like to be able to pick and choose which days to use this "wake on goal met" feature.

ShayneD38
Jogger

As a fitbit user, I would like to see a feature added that allows you to set an alarm based on your sleep target, that would only go off once your fitbit records that you have slept for a certain timeframe, say 30 minutes to three hours instead of setting an alarm and hoping for the best, when you arent necessarily sleeping for the right amount of time. So once you fulfill your predetermined nap or sleep time, the fitbit alarm will go off. This woud be especially useful if you are like me, and would like to follow a polyphasic sleep pattern/ use the uberman method, to increase daily productivity. It would also be useful for people who have problems with oversleeping and under-sleeping, and this would help with actually reaching your sleep goals.

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

SC3385
First Steps

I agree.  I would mostly use this on the weekends as I tend to oversleep.  

The suggested bed time based on wake time would also be helpful for during the week when I have to get up for work (and have a tendency to stay up too late).

QueenOfHearts
Keeping Pace

This would be great! I have to rest in bed every afternoon for two hours, and need a little nap then. 30 minutes of sleep would be enough, because when I sleep the whole 2 hours it ruins the rhythm for the rest of the day.

An alarm that detects when I have reached 30 minutes of sleep during daytime would be perfect! 🙂

sanman99
Recovery Runner

+1 agreed

Jake19
First Steps

Would love to have this feature:  "As a fitbit user, I would like to see a feature added that allows you to set an alarm based on your sleep target, that would only go off once your fitbit records that you have slept for a certain timeframe, say 30 minutes to three hours instead of setting an alarm and hoping for the best, when you arent necessarily sleeping for the right amount of time. So once you fulfill your predetermined nap or sleep time, the fitbit alarm will go off. This woud be especially useful if you are like me, and would like to follow a polyphasic sleep pattern/ use the uberman method, to increase daily productivity. It would also be useful for people who have problems with oversleeping and under-sleeping, and this would help with actually reaching your sleep goals."

sanman99
Recovery Runner

Possibly with a backup as a fixed time in case you have work that day?

Some people gotta wake up early as heck. Then again, I guess that's on us and we'll never get enough sleep regardless. Nevermind. But yeah, keep in mind that point about a fixed time in case you, for example, need to do something on your day off (not sleep and only realize it's noon already).

menonprasad
Jogger

Fitbit surge has the ability to track sleep.

So I was wondering if we could set alarm by the amount of time you want to sleep.

Say I want to sleep for 6 hrs, I will set a alarm saying 6 hrs. This will then take into account my sleep time and activate the alarm when I have slept for 6 hours irrespecitve of the time it is

Moderator Edit: Labels

D_Comi
First Steps
That would be an awesome feature. I wouldn't have to set the alarm depending on the time I go to sleep. I would just know the alarm rings after I slept e.g. 6 hours effectively and not just 6 hours after the sleeping mode began. Really hope to see that feature soon!
Jason72401
First Steps
There should be a way to set an alarm after you have reached your goal sleep time (i.e. 8 hours). Once you reach your total sleep time which is less restlessness and awake time, the silent alarm would go off on your Fitbit. I would love to be woken after I got my 8 hours in.
Briese
First Steps
I would like an alarm that you can set to go off after you have had a specific amount of sleep. So I could set it for 9 hours and it would wake me up
MikeF82
First Steps

I would absolutely like to second this idea.

I would love to be able to set a maximum sleep time or something. That way, on days where I don't have a specific alarm set because I don't have anything to wake up at a certain time for (weekends), I'd still like the FitBit to wake me after 8-9 hours so that I do not over sleep.

I could just set a weekend alarm but I tend to go to sleep at all different hours over the weekend depending on what's going on. So I'd like to be able to have the FitBit just know to wake me up after a certain amount of sleep.

Corkills
First Steps

Hi,

I would really like it if I could set an alarm to wake me up on the weekend after I have slept 8 hours. At the weekend I don't have a set bed time and it doesn't matter when I wake up but I do need 8 hours sleep. Sometimes it takes me a while to fall asleep other times not, it would be cool if you could sense when I fall asleep then wake me up in 8 hours, so I dot have to guess how long it will take for me to fall asleep and then add this to 8 hours.

Thanks for reading, I love my charge hr.

😃😃😃

Moderator's edit: Labels 

Davyphil
First Steps
The Fitbit should have an option to wake you once you hit your sleep goal.
zfouch
First Steps

Sleep Feature:

Able to set a alarm if I oversleep!

9u775
Stepping Up

It would be cool to be able to set desired sleep income and let the device wake you up once it was achieved.

seulkiro
First Steps

It would be cool if fitbit devices can do wake up vibration when my daily sleep goal is reached. More doesn't always translate to better. With sleep goal, you probably don't want to call 10 hrs of sleep a success when you set your daily sleep goal to only 6 hrs. Well, maybe it is in weekends. 😄 There are folks who probably don't care about how much they slept over their daily sleep goal. So this can be turned on/off in settings. When turned on, it'd be nice to set a sleep over threshold (e.g. 30 mins or 1 hrs) So if you don't wake up within that threshold after you reach your daily sleep goal, your fitbit will vibrate to wake you up to avoid sleep in. Oh, date setting to make it off during weekends or on certain days would be awesome too. 🙂

00freakbeast
First Steps

It would be neat if you have your Fitbit wake up with a silent alarm as soon as you hit your full sleep goal. That's probably not possible at the moment.. So can you at least make the moon light up or smile when I hit my goal please? The new dashboard doesn't show it.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels. 

mchael
Jogger

Also would like an alarm that wakes after a set number of hours.

Set an alarm to wake after x hours sleep.

Also show how long on the watch I have been asleep for.

mchael
Jogger

Alarm to wake after x.xx hours sleep.

Show how long have been asleep for on the watchy,

Camy2002
First Steps

Yes!!!!! I had the same exact idea and e-mailed the support and they referred me to this community page. I love this idea especially since the fitbit tracks how many hours are actually spent sleeping.

Jdfertig
First Steps

I would love to add to this feature, but to the other end of the spectrum. Sometimes I want to take, let's say a 45 minute nap. But if I set my timer, I may not fall asleep right away and actually only get maybe 20 minutes of actual nap time. If the sleep sensor determines you are sleeping, it could then start a 45 minute timer for the nap. I would REALLY like to see this feature integrated. 

Mrsbeeb
Jogger

Yes!! Jdfertig I agree! That would be fantastic!

moezzie
First Steps

Yes! A 100 times yes!

I am actually astonished this simple(ish) feature still doesn't exist in Fitbit.

Seems most competitors already implemented a smart alarm feature.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.