Measure Body Temperature

I would like to be able to monitor body temperature using my tracker.

Moderator edit: edit title for clarity & Labels

254 Comments
MadEyeMose
First Steps

ANY temperature data points regardless of how accurate would become significant over time.

Mv101
Jogger

I would love to see a new sensor feature come out, In my opinion I want to see the trackers be able to monitor your body temp. looking at a way to integrate a sensor to do that will be a game changer, there may even be a way to put it with the HR sensor!!!!!!!!! I am a very avid runner and 1/2 marathoner, so not only will it be useful but it also may help prevent heat related injuries on those long hot runs ( or anything else), as it would allow us to monitor our temp. This is something that I have very much supported for a Long time!!!

What do you guys think?? 

Purdylox
First Steps

Yes please do this soon lol we need this. 

gmaestro
First Steps

OMG this request is 3 yrs old.  I guess it's safe to assume Fitbit isn't releasing this feature and treats other requests the same as this?

JMturbo
First Steps

Temperature sensors inside Fitibit would be an incredible addition to the product and would help to evolve your products from being a motivational tool and gadget to a indispensable medical device with huge potential benefits, both to the user and to a medical practitioner. 

Imagine being able to pinpoint down to the hour when your body recognizes an infection and raises it's immune response, or being able to pinpoint conception through analysis of temperature and heart rate data.

compelling exampe:
https://www.ted.com/talks/talithia_williams_own_your_body_s_data

LaurenEliz6222
First Steps

I would love for Fitbit to be able to track basal temperature. I love Fitbit so much and I’m currently attempting to conceive, but I recently had to buy the Ava fertility bracelet instead of buying the new Fitbit Versa. I really wanted this new Versa band but without the temperature monitor I had to go with what is more important in my life right now, please please look into adding it in the future!! I’ll be the first in line if it’s added! 

thatminisotagrl
First Steps

I agree! Being able to monitor body temp during workouts and/or time outside would be amazing! I'm all for a temp-tile on the app, and if the technology got to a point where it could take a basal temp right before you wake up, Fitbit would become the easiest family planning tool on the market.  Maybe team up with Exergen? 

kafl
Jogger

Love that FitBit is starting to get into women's health by incorporating the menstrual cycle tile. It's a great first step and I can't wait to use it and reduce my need for multiple apps. Next step that would be AMAZING is to track BBT 24/7 and create a graph. This helps with family planning both ways and would remove the need for many women who are trying to conceive to buy the Ava bracelet. Additionally, it will help people become more aware of their body temps on warm/hot summer days and it could prevent heat stroke, especially in the elderly. 

Curlsandburpees
Stepping Up

Hi Fitbit,

I see a huge opportunity in the market for wearables to track basal body temperatures.  Currently, there is one product in the market which is expensive, cumbersome and definitely not as versatile as the FitBit.  

A trackable that monitors the body temperature can no only help women who use rhythm method/natural family planning, but can also help folks pinpoint hormonal imbalances that can have life long impacts (ex. thyriod disorders, lung, skin, bladder and kidney issues.

I hope this can be included the coming app upgrades, or perhaps an add in for interested folks. 

Thank you!

Faie33
First Steps

Basal body temperature would be a perfect addition to female health and menstruation monitoring. It can be used to help monitor fertility and ovulation and some use it as a guide for conception or contraception.  There are already wrist monitors using this technology such as AVA but they are only for fertility and not for day to day health and fitness as well and it would be great to have this incorporated into a Fitbit device.  BBT monitoring can be challenging and even if the Fitbit couldn't continuously monitor temperature overnight, but takes a single temperature at the same scheduled time each day without waking the wearer, it would be awesome.

Masinette
First Steps

Will there be a Basal Body Thermometer included in a Fitbit wearable in the the near future?

I love my Fitbit, but this new FHT function is virtually useless. There are far better free apps already on the market. However, linking this app with an actual wearable thermometer would change the game. Along with releasing a customizable FHT that covers more info than basic information (which you can basically mark faster by hand in a calendar).

mhalyko
First Steps

In the trying to conceive community, women are very interested in a device that is able to measure basal body temperature, which assists in determining ovulation.  Currently the only wearable device that has this feature is the ava bracelet.  However many of us would rather purchase something with more features, such as the fitbit, since it can be worn all day, track workouts, etc.  I truly believe that your company would benefit from incorporating some sort of thermometer into the fitbit to give women this option.  It's the only thing that is slightly holding me back from making my purchase! 

Lindsijoe
First Steps

For those women who track basal temperature for family planning that automaticaly sincs temperature to your account would be amazing. 

Splawry
First Steps

I would like to be able to log my temperature in the Womens health tracker so I can mark my ovulation for preventing pregnancy or some women use it to get pregnant. I do this already in my Kindara app but would like to do it in the women’s health tracker and not have to use another app for it. 

Iratxe
First Steps

Hi!!! I'm so excited to see that you have implemented feminine health to fitbit but as an avid user of fertility awareness method I think is quite dangerous that you use the calendar method to predict fertile window. Please PLEASE add the option to track basal body temperature and charting using the algorithms for FAM to pin point ovulation. You are nearly there as you already let us track our cervical mucus. I don't think implementing BBT and the simple rules of FAM would be too much work now that you are nearly there?? For the time being I can only see using fitbit to track my period but in no way I would trust it for birth control! Thank you!

Beatricejoy
First Steps

I agree! I would buy either the ionic or the other new Fitbit if they added more FAM options like temperature options. Will be looking for it in the future

RoxieL
Jogger

Hi!

It was very exciting to see this new female health feature of Fitbit, however, as someone who practices FAM (specifically the symptothermal method) I worry that it will be a little nerve racking and potentially a little dangerous for anyone who doesn’t already understand how to track their cycles. The option for cervical mucus is there, which is great, but it doesn’t seem to sway the app’s predictions. Is there any way to develop this a little further so that it can be more accurate? A BBT (basal body temperature) option would be helpful? Or simply predictions based on the billings method? A period can estimated from the last day of cervical mucus more accurately than the calendar method which is what Fitbit seems to be getting its predictions from currently. Thanks!

Andzzz
First Steps

Yes to basal temperature monitoring!

HaleeBurch
Jogger

The rhythm method isn't accurate or scientific. However the sympto-thermal method of fertility awareness is very accurate for keeping track of fertility and health. It would be so awesome if you could include a basal body thermometer into the versa so that we don't need multiple tools to track our health. Syncing the watch thermometer with Kindara would be the best of both worlds. There are already other wearable thermometer options on the market, but the thermometer is its only purpose. 
And there needs to be a full range of options for fertility tracking, as the kindara app provides. 

Moderator edit: labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @HaleeBurch, thanks for sharing this idea. I think this can help a lot but let's wait to see what others think.

HaleeBurch
Jogger

@YojanaFitbit I see that there are many similar requests when searching the forum. 

I would be willing to guess that there are many more out there in the fertility awareness community that would be interested if presented with the option. 

Another product to look at is Tempdrop. People are already paying for wearable thermometers. 

This is definitely a desired product addition. Women are wanting to be in tune with their health more than ever before. 

I dont think this obscure forum is going to be a great place for crowdsourcing though. I’m not even a customer yet, and I’m sure there are many others who are not yet customers who would become customers a good, scientificly driven fertility awareness addition. 

But we do not need any more confusing, inaccurate rhythm method apps. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for your comment @HaleeBurch! User's perspective is really helpful to us. I wanted to encourage you to post a new suggestion regarding possible Apps that you think we can work with! See you around.

Status changed to: New
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @HaleeBurch thanks for sharing this clearly illustrated idea! For now, I'm going to merge your request into this existing suggestion for Fitbits to measure body temperature (with the purpose of fertility tracking), as Versa does not have a thermometer so this would be a necessary hardware feature for your request to happen. Thanks!

HaleeBurch
Jogger

Thanks @LizFitbit and @YojanaFitbit

elangs12
First Steps

Allowing users to add their BBT and chart it with other symptoms in their cycle would be huge for reliability. Please add this feature to the female health tile, I want to use that part of my Fitbit so badly but can’t bring myself to do so without BBT. Maybe one day the Fitbit device could track body temperature, but until then, I’m happy to enter it in myself, just give me a place to do so in the app! 🙂

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.