Customize your Reminders (weight, water, sleep, several exercises etc)

I've seen one or two of these in different topics, but I wanted to make a universal post to consolidate them, and add a few.

I would love to have reminders for:

• Drinking water
  • Moving
  • Appointments
  • Weighing (if you weighed yourself on your Aria, or manually entered your weight at 10pm yesterday, the app could remind you to weigh yourself at 10pm tonight)
  • Sleeping (if you have an alarm set for 8am, the app reminds you to go to bed at 12am to get 8 hours of sleep)
  • Eating (you set the number of meals you eat per day, and times, and the app reminds you to enter what you ate at those times)
  • Excercising (you set when you want to exercise each day, and the app reminds you)

These would change the app from a passive data collector to a powerful motivational coach.

Moderator edit: Added Labels /  Subject for clarity.

83 Comments
fitcol
Jogger

I agree - a vibration reminding that it is time to move (like the Garmin devices) would be great.

Would also be great if my Charge HR could notify of incoming text messages (liek the Garmin device)  instead of just calls. 

Thanks

PS - Please make a waterproof device!

stusieg
Recovery Runner

I created alarms for 10:00, 12:00, 2:00 and 4:00,  M-F as a reminder to get up off my butt as a workaround.  Every two hours during the day I get the vibration and walk around my office, do a set of stairs, etc..

As far a creating a meal plan etc.  Get and Sync with My FItness Pal  these two apps work well together and both account for for what each does well

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Cooper_E Thanks for posting your requests for more notifications. I definitely like the ideas, especially for receiving to reminders to weigh yourself and alarms to go to bed.

I also want to direct viewers of this post to our popular Idle Alert feature request for receiving notifications for moving and exercising. If this is a feature that you want to see, I would recommend commenting and voting on this request as well.

Thanks for posting on the Feature Request Board!

Cooper_E
Jogger

Derrick, thank you for the suggestion!

The Idle Alert defnitely gets a thumb's up from me. I'm excited to see what you come up with for us next!

Brak87
Jogger

Fitbit needs to add an option to receive notifications/emails to weigh-in. This is DIFFERENT from the weekly stats email and IS NOT an existing feature. (As a Fibit moderator to this idea community previously stated.)

The reminder would tell the user to actually weigh-in...meaning get on the scale now, and type in the number you see. The weekly stats email is worthless if you don't actaully weigh-in through the Fitbit app. (I know the Aria does this for you, but not everyone has or wants an Aria...and some people can't use them for medical reasons.)

Please create the option to receive weigh-in reminders/notifications/emails. Thanks!

cbess
Recovery Runner

I like this idea. But I think it generally speaks to what fitbit should do, is have a customizable notification center, where each user can set their own type of notification system. For you it would be to hop on the scale every so often. For me it may be to drink water, for another it may be to stand up and walk around more. Everyone has a different need.

Brak87
Jogger

@cbess I like your idea too!

Buddhika
Jogger

Very good idea. Not just app reminders, it is useful if the app can send a notification to fitbit device (like it does for incoming phone calls) reminding the users to drink water, sleep/ power nap, when heartbeat is dangerously low or high etc. 

I hope such reminders will be available on fitbit soon. Thank you.

Raamama
First Steps
I agree. I would like movement and water reminders to be made available.
Utsav
Jogger
Agree with all the features above. Must have!
jsengupt
First Steps

Reminding to drink water feature is a really good one and I think can be pushed just by a software update! I even thought of how it will be visualized on the screen. A small bottle icon if you look at your fitbit ^^.

There can also be a listening mode for the next 10 minutes from when the notification triggered and during that time if user double tapped on the screen, it would register that the user has performed the action for which she got a notification. E.g. in this case once your band vibrates if you lift ur arm and look at the screen, you'd see bottle icon and within next 10 minutes if you double tap on the screen it will count as consuming 1 glass of water.

AshNicole87
First Steps

I 100% agree with adding a drink water reminder. That's one of the main reasons I wanted a Fitbit!

KatelynC
First Steps

I really love the idea of the water alarm! Another way to accomplish this might be adding a comment feature to the alarms. Then you could have alarms and it could read the personalized comment on the fitbit, i.e. "Wake up sunshine!", "Surprise your liver, drink some water", "Get off your booty you lazy sloth", ect. I feel like this should be an easy add too, but maybe I'm wrong. 

juanbrunette
Recovery Runner

Yep love all the ideas that Cooper_E mentioned. Hopefully Fitbit will look into this as it will make it a much more compelling reason to go for and stay with Fitbit devices. A coach as Cooper_E said. 

J1r1
First Steps

agree with you guys, was disapointed when couldn't find reminder to take a glass of water. Since my son was born, found me as well as my wife often forgetting to drink regularly whilst taking care of baby. setting up standard alarm and log it in application is not convinient and having smart functionality was something I have expected when purchasing fitbit for me and my wife... 

mandalfsaurus
First Steps

Gotta say I would also love a water reminder! Throughout the work day I can get especially busy and forget to drink. Having a quick reminder, just like the reminder to move, would be that perfect little nudge to remind me to pick up my water bottle. I know they have that fancy water bottle now that reminds you, but that's another small fortune I'm not really willing to spend 🙂

LadySource
First Steps

I just got the fitbit yesterday after borrowing a friends to try it out and having a water reminder would definately be something I would like to have. 

JBorah
First Steps

Just received my Charge 2 today. Looking forward to have notifications / reminders for water intake and steps...

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Great reminders. Another one to add to the list is a reminder for your daily vitamin, supplements or medication.

Zpw2711
First Steps

Water alarm would be great. 

Abs111487
First Steps

I was seeing there was any way we can get a reminder to weigh in daily or set s specific time on aria or Fitbit app or even on our wristbands. I know it would help me tremendously, I tend to forget due my heck morning schedule. But a I know if my wristband would vibrate an alert to weigh or even a notification show on my phone I would go weigh myself. I've struggled with my weight my entire life, however the Fitbit comanpy has helped me keep track of everything with the app. 

LaWosch
First Steps

I often forget to note down what I ate, so I would like to have the option to set a reminder on the app which pops up on any time I set and directly leads you to the app to enter the calories (if you click on the notification). Like the reminder to go to sleep which leads you to your sleep quality, only with the calories.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Dootje
First Steps

I would love to be able to add a glass of water trough the fitbit, not only through my phone. This would make adding water much easier!

vnamita
First Steps

Add features to the app to set reminders to drink water and to exercise.

rondec
First Steps

I'm horrible at drinking water through the day. It would be great to be able to set a water reminder, like the moving reminder.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.