Fitbit studio for Charge 5 to create clock faces and apps

While the Charge 5 has 23 different clock faces, it doesn't exactly fit what I would like to see, and others from looking at comments.
If a dev could design and publish a clock face for the Charge 5, I think the majority of complaints related to the clock display would be addressed.
Please! Add support for Charge 5 to the Fitbit Studio!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

214 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jashmead, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about opening the Fitbit studio for the Charge 5 to create clock faces with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

BarryMW
Recovery Runner

Of the 23 faces offered, I’m not interested in the many that display hours over the top of minutes. Just too busy. 
only the Hour:Minutes displays are interesting.

please bring back the old “Retro” of the Charge3. I really want time and HR permanently displayed. If date is included all the better. 

Giving us access to design and share displays would be fantastic, but I suspect a lot more work that offering additional traditional type clock faces. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

When will support be added to the fitbit studio for the charge 5.

A date when this will come would be better than the constant "thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion" posts.

Its avalible for the other series... why not the charge series ?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Add charge 5 to the fitbit studio !
Why is this series missed from this feature. Sort it out.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you'd like to have Fitbit Studio available for the Charge 5. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support. Your feedback is truly appreciated, and we'll keep tracking this request over time.

I completely agree. The 23 watch faces are just not… what I like or need. Having the option to change colours of some of them, or even like Hexa - I like it but it doesn’t display step count?

I think having a wider range of clock faces would make everyone a lot happier. 

zouc
First Steps

+1 

It would be great if you could add the Charge product line to fitbit studio to develop clockfaces and apps !

Billkart
First Steps

How about the ability to remove the 0 from the time display on charge 5. Why can I not do that.  2 o’clock shows as 02:00.  Was told on chat that this could not be done.  I have an older Fitbit and it does not display like this.

lesleysmobile
Stepping Up

I'm curious about the moderators answer in regards to: IF there are enough votes.

Personally, I don't like ANY of the existing clock faces. The apple watch has 29 analog clock faces to choose from, whereas the fitbit charge 5 has two. It's possible that you see the fitbit charge 5 as a tracker and therefore the clock face is not important. If yes, then why have a clock face at all?

I would like to think that you did your research and that you would know that users, especially the older generation (of which I am one) prefer an analog watch face. I received my charge 5 as a gift to replace my fitbit one (which I have used everyday for over 5 yrs). So far I'm not impressed and will continue to use my fitbit one and wear my analog watch. thanks

BarryMW
Recovery Runner
As this thread gains momentum and votes the more likely outcome…..
Thread closed!

Is no way to tell time.

And of the more traditional types….. 10:05 & analog, they are so excessively stylized as to become cluttered and unreadable.

I understand you can’t make everyone happy, but why go so far out of your way to please so few!

To be clear, when my Charge3 died, the choice to buy a Charge5 was obvious.
My next purchase will not be nearly so obvious.

Barry
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Due to lack of information on if this feature is going to be avaliable, by support and this forum, (all other info seems to be that it never will be for charge devices), I have decided to send my device back for a refund and get something more featured by a different company.

I firmly believe that if i pay for a device then that device is mine to do with as i wish. Having the lack of fitbit studio, a developer mode and even missing features like the ECG at launch is a deal breaker.

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

I am not happy with the Charge 5 clock face selection.  Some are too busy and some just hurt my eyes.  Did you get input from many age ranges before deciding.  If you can't or won't make more clock faces, at least let developer design some.

I am a professional.  I'd like a clock face that looks professional, please.

OwenX21
Jogger

I agree. It would be nice if we could pick what we see on the face. I  am only interested in HR and steps. Don't care about calories burned, or the elevation. I wish there was a way to just show those two, I know you can see them, but whenever you touch it by accident it will change the display. Then I have to tap a few times to get what I want back. This was annoying on my Charge 3, and was hoping it would change on the Charge 5, alas it has not. 

Would also be nice if we could get rid of all the apps and other displays we don't want to see. I don't ever plan on using payments and this is just taking up space. 

Bradcore
Recovery Runner

All of the available clock faces are terrible. I would love to see more come to the fold. Please make the OPs request a reality.

Dissectional
Jogger

Get fitbit charge 5 in the fitbit studio so we may design clock faces. The ones included have the most "off" color schemes I've seen. Get it done or the puppy gets it!puppy-development.jpg

MarioDings
Sprinter

I love the challenge of making a new clockface for "other" devices. I agree that you should have a minimum of data being directly visible. And i'm open for suggestions. 

NathanReus
First Steps

This. A million times this. I've unfortunately had to settle for the "least worst" option of the provided watch faces - unfortunately a bunch of them were immediately excluded because of the ridiculous date format of mm/dd - what sort of backwards rubbish is that?! I was so excited upon Googling to find out that you can make your own watch faces using the Studio, to only then be appalled to find that the Charge series isn't included! Please make this happen ASAP.

GrahamST
Stepping Up

The ability to create ( or the developers to offer) a simple clock face for the Charge 5 would be fantastic... the ones offered are all too busy and cluttered to make reading them easy and quick.

FBGerbil
Recovery Runner

Totally. Thinking about getting a Charge 5, but the current clock faces are seriously putting me off. Having the ability to tweak our own would be good. 

Bradcore
Recovery Runner

I had a Charge 3 before this and the Stats Heavy face on the right was perfect. Why don't we have something like this for the Charge 5? The closest thing on the Charge 5 is the goofy Slashed face. I hate it but it's the easiest one to look at at a glance.

Bradcore_0-1638282257688.jpeg

TronWolverine
First Steps
Allow Custom watch faces for the Charge 5.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TronWolverine, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize Charge 5 clock faces. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

You might be also interested in this other request: Charge 5 Customize clock faces colors.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Annag23
First Steps

I would have never upgraded to the Charge 5 had I known that a simple, classy analog clock wasn't available. Out of all of the features I researched, it didn't even dawn on me to check the clock faces because it is just assumed that there are more professional options available. The selection looks like how a teenager imagines the early 90s. Seriously, it's like your designers saw the inside of an original Taco Bell and the intro to "In Living Color" and thought they had a handle on what grown folk like.

clockwork_robot
Base Runner

Please expose a way to at least develop an upload faces locally.  I had an Ionic before this and custom built a face that had all the stats and features I wanted.  I like the size of the Charge 5, but being limited to a handful of pre-built faces is brutal after coming from an environment where I was only really limited by what I could build for myself.  Ideally it would have full support to make web requests through the phone as I used that for calendar and weather data on my Ionic.  Thanks

JimRW
Jogger

Please provide some better, less goofy, more professional looking clock faces.  Would not have upgraded if I had seen the clock face selections.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.