Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
Seashell81
Keeping Pace
Get yourself a Garmin. Fitbit is losing here.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

My family got a non-fitbit "smart" scale and I want to be able to be able to see my weight in the fitbit app with all my other health data. I just ordered the fitbit and it's supposed to arrive today.. I'm wondering if I chose the wrong tracker 😞 Maybe I'll just be using two apps now, but fitbit won't have my weight data next to my diet data..

Krazgjcc
Stepping Up

Would love if this integrated with Apple health!

greendreamer
Jogger
I found that downloading the Sync Solver app (£3.99?) allowed steps and sleep to appear in Apple Health. it was a bit galling having to pay for something that should just happen, but it seems to work. Good luck!
greendreamer
Jogger
You could try downloading the Sync Solver app (£3.99?), which seems to push steps and sleep into Apple Health. I have to sync it each morning, and it’s annoying having to pay for it, but it’s a solution - seems a pity to just let it stay unused! Good luck!
Captlou
First Steps
Been waiting for this for years my friend. Starting to think that Fitbit is going to go the way of Palm. They didn't listen to their customers either.

Best regards,

Gerard
Krazgjcc
Stepping Up
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
FlorianP
First Steps

Give us the sync to apple health app

I ant all my data at one place

JoshDallas
First Steps

Crazy that the dominant (or at least recognized by name) fitness tracker does not sync with the dominant smart phone. If FitBit thinks their app is the only app needed by consumers, let them die on the vine.  

I've had my AltaHR for 6 months after using a competitor device for over 3 years because I wanted full range of HR monitoring.  However more manufacturers offer the feature and are not arrogant enough to stand alone on an island. 

Duncs
First Steps

I am very surprised that Fitbit is not integrated with Apple Health.  I just wasted so much time discovering this, after realising it wasn't syncing.  Probably should have realised that ages ago.

but whyyyyy?????

do Fitbit want me to buy a different phone?  Not gonna happen.

do they want me to buy a different activity tracker?  

This information strangely never showed up when I was looking at which tracker to buy.  I would have gone for an Apple Watch had I known this.  Too late now, but I won't be buying another Fitbit, or recommending them to anyone.

Makes no sense to not be able to sync data.  

please integrate with apple health.  Thanks.

jcm9581
First Steps

I'd love for Fitbit to sync with Apple Health. 

My GP surgery has an app which syncs with Apple Health, which means they can see my continuous Health whenever I go in for a check-up. 

How about adding it so people can actually use their Fitbits for their Health rather than just a profit? Whilst the Fitbit app is good, it would be better if others could see what my Health is too!

I recently moved from Withings/Nokia and that synced with Apple Health... did I make the wrong choice? Many others commenting on here would seem to think so. 

Yorick
Jogger

This is no longer 'under consideration', is it?

Please do not hide under a rock hoping Apple Health will go away--get on-board, Fitbit.

dannydd
Jogger
I seriously don't think so. There have been so many comments and interest regarding this, and the largest up-vote by a huge margin, yet, Fitbit has been completely silent. I don't think they have any interest in appeasing their users.
Stellardolphin
First Steps

I want it!

Katmommy
First Steps

I am new to Fitbit, having been a previous Jawbone UP 24 user for several years. Fitbit has some great options but I wish it would interface with Apple's Health app like my Up24 did.

Katmommy
First Steps

I am new to Fitbit, having been a previous Jawbone UP 24 user for several years. Fitbit has some great options but I wish it would interface with Apple's Health app like my Up24 did. I would also love to see better integration with the Lose-It app.

Kateye_diamond
First Steps

Would love to see this all in one.

thanks for considering 

pixelwizard1
Jogger

Please allow Fitbit to write data on the iOS health app.

hr666
First Steps

Please do this so I can remove my workaround-apps 😛

Bryand42
Stepping Up

I just want data that fitbit is tracking to be *written* to the health app.

AngelAmbrosio
First Steps

Please, consider do this task and integrate Fitbit data with IOS Health kit

xnovo
Jogger

It's ridiculous that FitBit can't be integrated with Apple Health or Google Fit, the world's two most popular fitness apps, despite this features have been requested for YEARS and are possible for most of the other fitness trackers.

I'm going to launch a public petition to ask this features and make people aware of such situation before they think to buy the product.

dannydd
Jogger
You have my support! I think people are misled before they purchase about the level of integration Fitbit has with other fitness apps, and they know it.
xnovo
Jogger

Still no news despite many requests.

I invite all customers to sign this public petition to ask this integration between FitBit and Google Fit or Apple Health

mazze85
First Steps

somebody should start a **ahem**storm on facebook/twitter and post the link here. 

i think, this is more public and powerful!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.