Add sleep Efficiency on Mobile App

I'd like to be able to see the sleep efficiency number, currently only viewable on the desktop, on my mobile app. I consider this to be the most useful metric when it comes to my sleep each night and would love for it to be included in the app for night to night comparison. Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

121 Comments
robinloops
Base Runner

It' also nearly impossible to edit when for example you wake up for half and hour and it shows you as having benn 'restless' during that time. In the past you'd just have to edit the logs and make two sleeping events (separated by the awake time). Now it's impossible to determine the actual time you were "restless" so you can't determine what time to remove. And when you try to make edits it has errors anyway. Took me an hour when I woke up this morning to adjust it to get it to show anywhere near my actual sleep total. Might as well not used a tracker and just slept that extra hour.

People may have asked for an interface more like the web app but it doesn't even accomplish that. One example is the web app in the summary of sleep page shows time you went to bed and woke up and on the web app it rounds off to nearest half hour so you have to view each sleep event separately to even know the exact times. 

It also does not autotrack sleep as well. Woke up and got out of bed for half and hour and it had showed two sleeping logs but separated by four hours of being awake.

durango
Jogger

Please restore the sleep percentage ASAP.

delano
Jogger

The sleep tracking is useless without the sleep proficiency percentage. Just spent 45 minutes in chat session trying to explain the importance of this but she didn't get it.

mummygold
Recovery Runner

Useless absolutely useless - suddenly and for no reason I suddenly get 3 hours extra sleep on my front page but go into more detail and that disappears.  Try and add up the numbers and you still don't get an answer - roll back now please!!! 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

We aren't planning to revert this change, but we welcome your feedback in this thread. I'm going to go ahead and close this suggestion so that we can keep the conversation organized in one place.

sleepapnea
First Steps

What is the point in providing input if it is going to be ignored?

Alejodaci
Keeping Pace

Bring back the percentage of your sleep efficiency. The graph is really incomplete right now. 

Hollyp67
Jogger

I am very disappointed that you took away the sleep effectiveness percentage. You need to put it back. 

cherpointfive
First Steps

Not at all happy with the new sleep settings.  Miss the ability to monitor the exact time of being restless and/or awake through the night.  Please restore old settings!

Sschul
First Steps

I hate this new settings. Please restore or I will be leaving Fit bit

Sschul
First Steps

Donot like these new settings. Hard to follow and too much info.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I find the dark colors not just ugly, but depressing. Can you either give us the options for color background (at minimum a light color or a dark color; I want CHOICE)? Or, put it back the way it was. The new version stripped details away I want to see. Please restore it to what it was.

JemimaD
Stepping Up

Likewise, this is the tool I use most often, if its gone for good I will need to look for another brand. 

Kathryntate
Jogger

I completely agree.  Not happy with the new sleep chart!

PaularR
First Steps

I agree that the sleep efficiency number is important.  Please revert back to showing the information before the change.  The charts are not helpful at all!

Thanks for listening.

Portland-girl
Recovery Runner

Not to happy with the new sleep graph. In the past, you could hover over the diagonal graph and the times you were asleep/restless or awake would show. Through my FitBit, I found out I have a bad case of sleep apnea. The CPAP monitors breathing and the FitBit monitors movement. We are trying to find the correct pressure and the old graph allowed us to see what time I was moving and see if it was tied to an apnea incident. Now there doesn't seem to be an option to see that. This change happened when I received my replacement FitBit. Maybe just a coincidence, but both my Dr. and I sure miss the old style graph. 

chugly
Jogger

Please change the sleep app platform back or at least give us a choice of which platform we choose to use. The new platform is more complicated to use and doesn't give the % of sleep.

shepherdh
Jogger

And to click through to get the daily graph rather than the monthly. Please put it back to the simpler way!

skatrgirl
Recovery Runner

The new sleep chart that shows the sleep stages rather than noting how you slept is completely useless.  I want to know if I was restless or if I woke up.  The new chart shows sleep stages but we have no idea if the sleep is good or bad.   It changes every night but I can't tell if my sleep is following a normal sleep pattern or if  it is off. You can view the bench mark but that is only an overall average of people my age.  It doesn't show what a sleep night cycle should look like. If you can't change the chart back to what it was previously...it would be nice if you could add the summary like you previously had that shows number of times awake and number of times restless.  Also, it would be nice to see a normal sleep night cycle so you can compare yours to it to know if it is good or needs improvement.

JEH1
Tempo Runner

Is the company working to restore the sleep efficiency charts? That was one of the most valuable features fitbit offered and it seems to have disappeared.

kbi
Jogger

PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!!!!  Removing the Sleep Efficiency percentage and detailed start and stop times of awake and restless periods (both were very helpful) has made my Alta a very expensive watch.

mjbrack
Jogger

This has changed drastically in the last few weeks.  First, the times of each awake & restless could be found by rolling over the chart in the app, then that disappeared.  It could still be found on the website, but not very accurately.  Then a/o today it's all gone, no length of time for awakes vs restless, and no individual times on the graph for each occurrence. This is horrible, I have nearly a year of complete stats I've recorded showing my longest period of undisturbed sleep each night.  Now I have no way to capture that info, not even in Premium.  Features should be added, never taken away!!!!!

PaularR
First Steps
Agree. Sleep efficiency is important. It would be a good decision to put it back!

Sent from my iPad
lindseylau
Recovery Runner

Please add sleep efficiency back. I've posted several times on several threads and there is no response. 

dwent
Base Runner

I agree - this is an important statistic and deserves to be up-front and centre on the sleep dashboard, both in the app and online. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.