Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Celsius option to Versa weather app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The weather app works as expected but has a major flaw for most of the world (except the US). Can an option be added for Celsius alongside Fahrenheit please. AccuWeather provides the data!

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

@Dobbo Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your interest in having the weather information display in Celsius too.

There is an option to do change the units used for temperature:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > Advanced Settings > Units.
  • In the Length section, select a different measurement. Centimeters, Kilometers corresponds with Celsius and Feet, Miles corresponds with Fahrenheit.
  • Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@SantiR That’s no good as coming from the UK we mainly use, feet and miles, stones for weight, millilitres for fluid, meters and for temperature Celsius. We don’t use Fahrenheit for temperature so that set up does not work for us. You should be able to choose what works for you 

Best Answer

Hi Santi,

Temperature needs to be separated from distance. The UK has a hodge potch approach to the mix between Imperial and metric measurements.

We (mostly) measure temp in C, measure distance when driving or walking in miles but in meters when running, liquid in Pints and Litres depending on what you are buying - beer and milk in pints, fizzy drinks in litres. 

Hence the need to hold temp separate from distance and volume.

Note: The British Pint is the result of the 1824 Weight and Measures Act and was the basis for the Imperial Measure of 1878. This is not the same as the USA measurement for a pint which is based on the older Queen Anne measurement. UK pint = 20 fluid ounces, US pint = 16 fluid ounces. 

Best Answer

Spot On !

I am also from the UK, and each individual user, world-wide, should be able to customise their own set up to their personal preferences.

As an aside, Santi, who is heavens name decided to move away from the simple way to change bands on the Charge 2, to the nail breaking painful new way on the Versa ?! Its an abomination !!! Your designers of both hardware and software need to think EASE OF USE in everything !

Best Answer

@lexi83 @Dobbo Thanks for your replies regarding this! Thanks for providing that interesting information about units used in the UK.

I totally understand, I think having a separated option to change this is a great idea. I was making some research in the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find the following:

Please cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment there to show support. The more votes and comments, the better! 

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your suggestions and support for this idea too. Please vote and comment for the idea above. 

Thanks for that feedback regarding the way the bands are changed on Versa. Please leave your feedback as well at the Versa Board. Keen to hear if there are any more users experiencing this?

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanx @SantiR@I’ve voted for this board already but haven’t left a comment so will do that 

Best Answer

Vote and comment done. 

Best Answer

I've just voted and put a comment. How many votes will it need before we can get fitbit to change the temperature to Celsius independent of distance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the UK too and really needs fixing. This should be a mandatory fix and not based on how many votes as this is regional setting that Fitbit should be aware of and make the change. Seems like sloppy programming to me. 

It is like Microsoft only shipping Windows out and not providing local settings to that ie time/date format  local keyboard layout etc. 

Best Answer

This works in the weather app but the main display still shows Farenheit. Any way to change this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can you add Celsius in stead of Fahrenheit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is great, thanks for the info, it updates in the app if you go into it, but still not on the display as the clock face I chose is supposed to display weather too! Is there a way to get it to display celcius?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kmuir @MeLLy356 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for your interest in having the weather to show in Celsius units.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > Advanced Settings > Units.
  • In the Length section, select a different measurement. Centimeters, Kilometers corresponds with Celsius and Feet, Miles corresponds with Fahrenheit.
  • Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

Hope this helps. Please try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

This is not helpful. In the UK we use miles for distance and celsius for tempreture..

As I have said earlier in this thread, Fitbit needs to change this to meet to local country standards for measurements & temperature. If this was Microsoft or Apple, this would not be excepted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I've already done that, I'm in Australia, the problem is it doesn't
change on the clock face!
Best Answer

@MeLLy356 Can you please tell the name of the clockface you are using? It might be that it is coded not fetching the user profile infos.

Best Answer
Weather Land created by reno. I had to pay for it too!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MeLLy356

You are lucky. The developer of Weather Land implemented the choice of ˚C or ˚F directly in the settings instead of fetching the user profile.

That means that you need to go to the clockface settings (On your fitbit app go to Ionic/Clockfaces/My clock and press the gear. You will be in the settings page where you can select, among other, the temperature scale to be used.

Let me know if you need further help on the matter.

Best Answer
Ohh that worked, thank you so much!
Best Answer