Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Celsius option to Versa weather app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The weather app works as expected but has a major flaw for most of the world (except the US). Can an option be added for Celsius alongside Fahrenheit please. AccuWeather provides the data!

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Welcome to the Community Forums @leftHand26 and @Daisym659! You can adjust the type of units used for your height, weight, water consumption, and swims in either the Fitbit app or the fitbit.com dashboard:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click Advanced Settings.
  3. Tap or click Units.
  4. Choose the type of units you want to use for your height, weight, water consumption, and swims.

Fitbit.com Dashboard:

1. From your fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon.
  2. Choose Settings > Personal Info.
  3. Under Advanced Settings, find Units and choose the type of units you want to use for your height, weight, water consumption, and swims.
  4. Click Submit.

Now, to change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon  > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not work (not available) on versa or iPhone for temp all other units are in English ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @Kb8aob, it's great to have a new member around! So I can better assist you, could you please give more details about what you're experience? Is the Weather not available on your Versa? Have you made sure that your watch is paired to your Fitbit app on your iOS device?

Please see: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to your reply. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Weather is there but not in USA units. And no setting to change

— Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus
Best Answer

This is not working for me.  Units are set in miles however I'm still seeing temps only in celcius. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Toyalexander and @Kb8aob! If the steps you've provided did not work, can you both please send me pictures showing what you're getting either on the watch of the Fitbit app weather settings?

Additionally, please try the following steps:

• Close the Fitbit app, wait 10 seconds. Then, open it again.
  • Make sure your Versa is connected to Wi-Fi. 
  • Change to Fahrenheit/Celcious again.
  • Restart the Versa. Instructions are here. Verify that Fahrenheit/Celcious is still selected.
  • Sync. 

Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That actually didn't fix the issue. Mine automatically is set to Celsius in the weather app and by following your steps there isn't an area to change for farenhight. 

Best Answer

Hello there @Alyssa88, thanks for jumping in here! Would you be so kind to share with me a photo of what you're getting in the Fitbit app? In order to add a photo to your reply, please see this post

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon  > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Looking forward to your response. Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasnt changed, any other ways of getting it to change.  Thankyou 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone else from US and now can’t get ferinheight at all? I’ve tried the process mentioned but it still does not change to ferinheight. Why would it be so complicated? We should be able to choose on the settings 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @SamKreiger and @SamKreiger! Thanks for following the recommendations provided in this thread. 

Can you both please make sure you've also checked your personal setting and the weather setting as suggested here?

I'm looking forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its actually under device tab on versa and then tab on apps n then weather app hit settings and change it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this action three times.  It still reads as Celsius and not Farenheit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @MomasaurusRex! Thanks for following @Tinajo76 's steps. Woman Wink

If your Fitbit is still reading as Celsius and not Fahrenheit, please make sure you've make sure to follow the steps I've posted here.

Let me know the outcome, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My length under the unit's is already set for feet but my weather app is still using celcius 😥🤔 help please and yes I sync my fitbit after I completed the change 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have done what you say to do but the temp does not change from Celsius to Fahrenheit i have tried switching from feet to centimeters and back again (re-syncing each time) no change.

Best Answer

It doesn’t work! Still not showing celsius

Best Answer