Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpine Snow - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am the developer of the new Alpine Snow app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems. I don't actually live near mountains or snow, so I may need to make some adjustments to the runs algorithm.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

I have a Fitbit Ionic and when I select your app, it says « This app cannot be installed on your device ».... 

Best Answer

I couldn’t install on my Fitbit ionic...

Best Answer

You need to update to Fitbit OS 3.0 before you can install it. The release is currently rolling out, so you should have it soon.

Best Answer

Thank you, i will wait FOR the update! 

Best Answer

I just updated and still cannot download.  Any guidance would be appreciated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you definitely on version xx.33.1.30 ? Settings > About

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Jon,

Hope you can give me some guidance here - I've just got my Fitbit charge and have started looking around the forum's to glean information.

Can you give me a brief outline of what your app does, how it works and what it works on?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Id like to try this app before the winter holidays. I'm on Os 3.0, the screen says this app cannot be  installed on your device . Any suggestion why that is? Other apps don't show this. Thx. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JFDM wrote:

HI Jon,

Hope you can give me some guidance here - I've just got my Fitbit charge and have started looking around the forum's to glean information.

Can you give me a brief outline of what your app does, how it works and what it works on?

Thanks

Sorry, it's for Fitbit OS devices only (Ionic & Versa).

Best Answer

@dannywood wrote:

Id like to try this app before the winter holidays. I'm on Os 3.0, the screen says this app cannot be  installed on your device . Any suggestion why that is? Other apps don't show this. Thx. 

Are you definitely on version xx.33.1.30 ? Settings > About

If so, maybe try force quitting the Fitbit app, and try installing again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just updated my Ionic to 3.0 and saw your app. I didn't try it yet, Winter is on hold around here. Does it sync on the Web?  Is there a way to sync it with Ski Tracks (Core Coders)? Thanks for making this available. Fitbit is lacking in snowboard/ski support.

Best Answer
Thx yes my ionic is on the new version you mention. Restarted the app and phone didn't help. All other apps don't show this message. Is there any memory restriction perhaps?

send from a mobile device

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded and used the app yesterday while snowboarding. It did register as an activity but how do I see all the details of the day on the computer that are displayed on the watch? On the App, it just shows accumulative distance, heart rate and calories....like speed, altitude?

Best Answer

App logs 0kph for top and average speed.

Does not seem to map runs.

Best Answer

Hey Jon,

Thanks for putting this app together! It's great to track my runs when I go skiing. Is it possible to map my runs? I've also noticed it records (or at least reports) an average speed of 0 - is that to be expected?

Best Answer

Same here!

Tried it today, it logs only vertical distances travelled but no horizontal tracking. Don't know if it's an issue with versa GPS (shared, shows issues on other tracking types as well) or something else entirely. 

Great app anyway! Keep up the good work!

Best Answer

Same here,  I saw some stats on my watch but not much in my phone exercice. In addition, I think we need to hit the "lock" icon to save the data.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave this a shot at Mt Hood Meadows in Oregon but was unsuccessful. I was hoping to start the app and leave it running the whole time i was on the slopes. I started the app waited for a GPS lock then tucked away under my gloves. I check it a run later and My Ionic was back on the watch face. I restarted the app a couple times and it crashed before it stayed running. This time I hit the lock :locked: icon before putting my gloves back on. Next chair lift ride checked again and it was back to the clock face. I did this a couple more times before giving up. My exercise feed showed a couple entries but no data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updating the fitbit android app solved the issue. After doing that I could install the ionic app . Just to let you all know .

Best Answer
0 Votes