Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpine Snow - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am the developer of the new Alpine Snow app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems. I don't actually live near mountains or snow, so I may need to make some adjustments to the runs algorithm.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Hi Jon, Will the app be available for Charge 3 also? It would be great! 🙂 thanks for your answer in advance!

Best Answer

hello, today i gone to ski.

i try to use your app, but during all the morning, the app never connect to sattelite...

i open the exercice app , start a run, and the gps connect after 20sec.

go back to your app, not connect at all...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Used the app for the first time during a 3 day snowboarding trip. Thanks so much for putting it together!

Acquiting GPS signal from my phone with a Versa worked and was very fast and reliable. The same is true for detecting runs. I did not count the number of runs but looking at the stats displayed by Alpine Snow it seemed to be fairly accurate and the auto-pausing seemed to be working well too!

As many others, here are a few things that I noticed:

- My top speed was reported as 10 km/h when using the app which is too slow

- The summary screen did not show any values for average and top speed

- It would be great to save the results somewhere in the Fitbit app. I realize this is probably a limitation of their API - but they should allow you to customize the information that an app/activity stores. 

- Visual GPS track would be nice

That's about it! Thanks for your work - this app is off to a very promising start.

Best Answer

I tried to use the app in the mountains today but since there isnt internet on the slopes......I had nothing tracked for snowboarding except the basic "sport" activity. I let it run the entire time. Nothing was recorded and it said "connecting" the entire time. It makes no sense to make a snowboarding app that needs internet/data to track when snowboarding is in the mountains. There is generally NO signal in mountains. I was so excited to track my snowboarding too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried to use it on the slopes today. Obviously had no signal or internet in the mountains and as a result...no tracking. App said "connecting" the entire time and logged nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the app when skiing and it didn’t track my speed or distance. Can that be fitted?

Best Answer
1. Set iPhone Fitbit tracker to track location always.
2. Make sure alpine snow settings are all toggled on.
3. Take your phone with you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's connecting to your phone's GPS not to the cellular network. Make sure you either have the settings as the previous poster pointed out or open your fitbit app while your versa is connecting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any chance you can add total elevation skied to the stats? Skiers want that info and other sports watches give that info as a basic stat. 

also the speed stats need to be added to the info on the Fitbit app excersise stats  

Best Answer

I got a ski day in this weekend and used the app again, and... whaddya know? The reported workout (“Skiing”, this time) in the phone app included a nice GPS track! Clearly something got updated on the server side, thanks so much!

Best Answer

I have to report the same, exactly the same issues with the Versa. But the app is promising, really!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like for this message to reach developer JonFitbit. I'd be interested to know if the Skateboard app he developed also works with rollerblading. Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

any chance it can reflect snowboarding instead of skiing? I like the fact I can see the runs on my watch, would like to see the splits bu run, not mile.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Can you make it switch to miles instead of kilometers? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Loving the idea of this app and had been waiting for something like this to come to fitbit, but have now had it out a couple of times on the mountain and found lots of issues. Please look to see if they can be fixed.

No top speed or average speed recorded.

Auto-pause on lifts doesn't kick in until about half way up, and doesn't realase until well into the next run. Maybe best not to have auto pause, and just calculate the distances after?

GPS data doesn't seem to be as accurate as say when I run "ski tracks" on my phone, and the recorded distances differ between the two apps by quite a large amount when run side by side. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@steverod wrote:

I got a ski day in this weekend and used the app again, and... whaddya know? The reported workout (“Skiing”, this time) in the phone app included a nice GPS track! Clearly something got updated on the server side, thanks so much!

I can second this.  Went skiing this past weekend and got some nice GPS tracks as a result.

Speed still doesn't seem to be properly recording at the end of the workout.

The biggest downside right now though I would say is the battery drain.  If I don't start the day off at 100% charge, I will likely not make it through a full day of skiing.  Not sure if there is anything that can be done on the App side to reduce power consumption but keep up the GPS tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

gps connect perfecly but the app don’t show any run or distance

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just curious.  Do you get a signal all over the mountain?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes and I have the gps grafic on the app

Annie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just purchased the Fitbit Versa ans wondered why the ski app does not work with my fit bit.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes