Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpine Snow - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am the developer of the new Alpine Snow app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems. I don't actually live near mountains or snow, so I may need to make some adjustments to the runs algorithm.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Nice App for Versa,but the Speed Is not correct..the value Is not real,9kph displayed but real Speed Is about 50/55 kph

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just submitted an update which changes the exercise mode from custom (Alpine Snow), to cycling.

I'm hoping this fixes the speed/distance issues as it should rely on GPS data, but I don't have any mountains or snow to test with. Please let me know how it goes.

This does mean that the Fitbit app will show "Cycling" for the activity name, but at least the data should be correct. Hopefully an update to the Fitbit Exercise API will allow finer control of the exercise settings to prevent the incorrect detection of movement.

Best Answer

Jon,

Thank you for the update! Your app is already better than Strava and Spotify from fitbit,  which are absolute garbage! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi..

So when I'm skiing, which app do I use the. The alpine ski app or the cycling app. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Use the Alpine Snow app, but make sure you update it first. In the Fitbit mobile app, go to My Apps and click Update for Alpine Snow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went into the Fitbit app and then into the dashboard  showing the individual  apps. The only app that it wanted to update was fitbit . The alpine ski app did not show an update

Best Answer
0 Votes

@paddyirishman wrote:

I went into the Fitbit app and then into the dashboard  showing the individual  apps. The only app that it wanted to update was fitbit . The alpine ski app did not show an update

My bad, I hadn't hit the publish button 🙂 Try now, you should see version 1.0.9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just letting you know that the update showed up   

Cant wait ro try it out in a few weeks

Best Answer
0 Votes

A nitpick on 1.0.9 is that the opening screen and reported exercise says “cycling” which is not quite the exercise I want to report. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@steverod wrote:

A nitpick on 1.0.9 is that the opening screen and reported exercise says “cycling” which is not quite the exercise I want to report. 🙂

Oops, I've published 1.0.10 to fix that. Thanks for the feedback!

It will still report cycling in the Fitbit app though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I've been using the app and found it doesn't count my runs. I've not tried it since the update today. 

I'm happy to send my data though if it helps you tune the app. Cheers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My latest day out on the slopes was logged in the Fitbit app as a bike ride rather than skiing as it normally does. 

Also (unrelated), I’d love to be able to differentiate between skiing and snowboarding. 

Thanks for the app!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, first off thank you creating the app. I have a question about average speed. Is there a way for it not to count the speed of going up the hill on the lift?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I use the Alpine Snow App on my Fitbit Versa II it shows up as Biking under exercise. Why is that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it's not counting runs, you might be using a Versa Lite which doesn't have the barometer sensor used to detect the air pressure change.

It currently has to record the session as "bike" due to a limitation of how speed/distance is calculated on device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the counting runs as bike also eliminate the display of distance traveled on the watch during use? My run count stayed at 0 and my distance traveled stayed at 0 all day yesterday. I'm using an Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem since the update. I have a versa2.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using the latest update for the last 2 weekends, and it appears to be working as expected.  The exercise shows up as "Bike" in Fitbit but does appear to be properly computing the max speed and number of runs in the end of exercise summary.  I do not see the # of runs reported in the app (or on the website) when I go back to look at an exercise session.  While I have not used any parallel method to measure the distance, I believe the numbers it is showing are reasonable.

Exercise SummaryExercise SummaryExercise DetailsExercise Details

I also have my Fitbit account linked to Strava, and while the exercise is also initially listed as a bike ride there, I am able to change the workout type to "Alpine Ski" from the dropdown menu, and it properly interprets the # of runs (as well as all the speed information).  Before this update, the skiing workouts were not being pushed/pulled to Strava.

Strava DetailsStrava Details

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app works very well except the exercise activity transfers to my fitbit app as a bike ride, Not skiing.  Also the number of ski runs and my max speed are not transferring.  I have a fitbit Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great app!  Tried it for first time yesterday.  I started with a lingering message "connecting" but it showed the correct altitude and temperature for the ski area, so I proceeded.  Checked a couple of times during the day and all seemed to be working fine.  I forgot to stop the app before I drove down the mountain so my mileage and average speed were fantastic!   8^))  Nice summary when I stopped the app, but when I tried to retrieve it later on my watch (Versa 2), I couldn't find a way to get to the summary display again.  Any tips on that?

The skiing showed up on my Android phone as Bike exercise which is fine . . . neither activity has "steps" . . . and the GPS tracking shows all of my runs across the mountain on the map.

Looks like my altimeter sports watches will not be skiing with me anymore!

Thanks for a very functional app.

George

Best Answer
0 Votes