Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Weather message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep getting weather message to go to kzl.io/bigw to unlock big weather .when I do it says it has to be purchased. Dont want it and cannot get rid of message on my watch. Have tried everything . Someone pls help . Going mad lol thanks everyone now got it sorted , it was the new clock face I changed to so now gone back to original xx thank you all 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

I just go the pop up also, I like the watch face, paid the .99 cents.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and you need to change you Fitbit face clock. I did that and presto, all gone with the annoying message. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes Fitbit weather app does do this. I have the weather clock face and I have been getting the messages about 3 days after switching to the weather clockface. Going back to Fitbit clockface and resolve the problem

Best Answer

I had the same thing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

is this .99 per month

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope not, it was my understanding that it was a one time 99 cent purchase

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found the answer, it’s a one time fee. But so far doesn’t seem to be worth it, it’s not updating and/or is 5 degrees off.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks, I have changed to a different clock. Is ok now
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found the same thing on the temp myself, but I have not contacted the author yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for that information!  This was driving me crazy!!!

Best Answer

Not only you

Best Answer
0 Votes

All I can say is, if apps can be 'highjacked' and hold  even the 'time of day' hostage - I have absolutely better things to do than deal with this.  They (fitbit) can keep the app, and the watch face. Figure it out Fitbit - either drop kick these people to the curb or deal with them, because I am not paying for weather apps of any sort and prefer not to have them anyway.  FIGURE IT OUT!! BUT GET OVER IT! OR I WILL.

@bbarrera wrote:

@Cheryle111 wrote:
Yes I did but the weather message came up about 3 days after . Is that the probs ? 

If you downloaded a watch face, then I bet the message is coming because app developer is looking to release a paid version someday. Switch to a Fitbit watch face and I bet the weather messages will stop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't get your rant.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

All I can say is, if apps can be 'highjacked' and hold  even the 'time of day' hostage - I have absolutely better things to do than deal with this.  They (fitbit) can keep the app, and the watch face. Figure it out Fitbit - either drop kick these people to the curb or deal with them, because I am not paying for weather apps of any sort and prefer not to have them anyway.  FIGURE IT OUT!! BUT GET OVER IT! OR I WILL.

@bbarrera wrote:

@Cheryle111 wrote:
Yes I did but the weather message came up about 3 days after . Is that the probs ? 

If you downloaded a watch face, then I bet the message is coming because app developer is looking to release a paid version someday. Switch to a Fitbit watch face and I bet the weather messages will stop.

Clock faces are essentially apps. Fitbit does not do this with their clock faces. If 3rd party developers can't make any money they won't bother writing apps and the app store will be empty. (Notice I said "store".) If you don't want to pay for an app don't use it, plain and simple.

Best Answer

This is a problem that Fitbit created, and Fitbit needs to fix. Fitbit developed an app store without a standard payment system. Ionic is missing features to properly support app developers. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Thanks and totally agreed. I firstly install the clock face without realizing the cost (my shame). Just come see what it is, and how to deal with it especially when want to remove. At least, the notification should describe (again) that it is about to confirm payment for clock face.

@Rich_Laue wrote:

According to the app store, the developer choose to make this clock a paid clock. Can't blame him for wanting to make a few dollars for his time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so upset. My watch keeps telling me over and over to finish signing up for an app called big weather and I can’t get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Wolfsburg1! I took a look at the app description for Big Weather and could confirm that this clock face requires payment after a free 3-day trial. 

While all apps and clock faces in the Fitbit App Gallery are free to download, some apps and clock faces require a paid subscription service (such as Pandora) or a one-time activation fee (to a developer). 

Since you downloaded the Big Weather clock face, switch to a Fitbit watch face and I the weather messages will stop.

For more information on the new app gallery, check out the article, here

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, let me know. Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
God bless u sir

Thank you
RPM
Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to change your watch face..  did you try that? you go to the icon upper left  for the ap on you phone..  clock faces are there.. just choose a free one.. my problem is I paid for it and it  reappeared wants more money!  have to figure that out

Best Answer
0 Votes