Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Spotify on Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ive made sure everything is up to date and everything is on. but everytime i go in the fitbit app and go to spotify app to install it but its grayed out for me idk what to do. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Hello @Snider74 may i ask what country you live in? Is the Spotify app availible in your location? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Snider74, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for making sure that all your apps are up-to-date.

I was wondering the same than @Rich_Laue. Is Spotify available in your location?

Please note that Spotify is now viewable in the app gallery for all smartwatch users. However, users will need to be on the most recent firmware (OS 4.0.2) to install it. We are working to have 4.0.2 rolled out to 100% still.

For more detailed information, take a look at: How do I control music playing on Spotify? 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, i have premium spotify. Im from states and yeah all my locations stuff is on as well just wont let me download i can see if i have the lastest firmwire

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im from the states dog

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Snider74, thanks for getting back. 

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of what you are seeing at the moment of trying to connect your watch with Spotify? Also, the current version installed on your Versa?

Also, have you checked if your phone is compatible? If you haven't, you can see the list of compatible devices at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

I hope to hear from you soon. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

so lets say you go in the fitbit app and go to all apps you click on spotify logo and then it give you the option to install with the red stating that. Mine is grayed out and will not let me click it or try to install. 

Just below that it says make sure i have the latest update. And my watch and my app says i have the lastest update so idk whats going on 

Best Answer

Hi @Snider74, thanks for the details provided. 

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of what you are seeing at the moment of trying to connect your watch with Spotify? 

I'll be here, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, I updated Fitbit and Spotify app, on my mobile, I'm under the latest update for Versa - at least I don't see any update in the Fitbit app for my watch - my Versa is FM version 32.33.1.30.

Going to Apps, All Apps, Click Spotify, Install is greyed out and I have a red tag saying "To install this app, make sure the Fitbit app and device have the latest update.".

Any guesses? Other apps are installing just fine.

Best Answer

this is what I see... Fitbit app in my mobile is v3.8 from Oct 19 2019. Screenshot_2019-10-22-20-10-30-489_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.png

Best Answer

Yeah i actually figured out how to get ahold of someone at fitbit. I have a versa special edition and my screen is the same. Who ever i talked to from fitbit said sense this just launched spotify on the newest versa. We have to wait a week or two so we can have the update. Is what i have been  told. Trust me super annoying 

Best Answer

Hi there @cesaaraugusto, thanks for getting back and providing me with the screenshots requested. 

As @Snider74 has mentioned, we are still working to have 4.0.2 rolled out to 100%. You can confirm the information in my post above😉

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hiya I am having the same problem with my Fitbit Lite Edition which has been out for some time and it is saying the same as what was screenshoted earlier. I have an IPhone 7 Plus and and from England.

What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good news is that I got an update for my Versa and after the update in my watch and the latest version of the app software for my Android I was able to install it.

However my wife has the Lite an iPhone, she is under the latest app version for the phone and no updates are showing for her watch, so same situation as you Leo.

You should wait for the updated version of the phone app and watch then you will be able to install it.

Regards,

Cesar

Best Answer

Hi @Leo___P (welcome on board!) and @cesaaraugusto. I'm glad to hear that you were able to download Spotify on your Versa. 😉

Keep an eye on the version of your Versa Lite watches. Once you're on the latest firmware (38.68.9.15) you’ll be able to download the Spotify app after that.

Just as a friendly reminder, please note that  you can't store playlists on Fitbit Versa Lite Edition. You can control music, never store playlists.

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply!

I am aware that on the Fitbit Versa Lite you can’t store music on it but the Spotify app doesn’t need storage to work does it?

I have/will keep trying/checking if there are any updates for the watch or the app.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @Leo___P😉

And yes, you're right. You can download Spotify and control music, but never store playlists. Once you're on the latest firmware (38.68.9.15) you'll be ready to go. 

Keep me in the loop, I'm always around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will the update happen for Versa Lite? I just got my watch two days ago and the version is still 38.33.1.30 which means the option install Spotify is still grayed out per the string above. 

Best Answer

Hi, I am also having the same issue

Best Answer

Do we know or can you tell us when the update firmware (38.68.9.15) will be avail for the versa lite? I just updated from a blaze and bought the versa lite expecting it to work as per fitbits own marketing on this watch, so frustrating.

Best Answer