Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enlighten Clock Face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Enlighten Clock Face

Minimalist clock face with weather and basic activity stats. Icons for activity stats will change colors as you progress toward your goals. Customize the theme by changing the background pattern and color. Weather module provided by Grégoire Sage.

I developed this clock face in my free time to learn more about the platform and chose to provide it to the community at no cost. Please feel free to comment if you run into any issues, have feature suggestions, or simply would like to provide feedback. I cannot guarantee that I will be able to respond to everything, but I will do my best to address reasonable requests as time allows.

I hope some of you find it useful.

Available now in the Fitbit App Gallery

Enlighten Screenshot

Best Answer
217 REPLIES 217

@Jivera8 I'm glad you like the watch face. I am currently working on a version that adjusts the positions of the corner icons and text to fit both Versa 3 and Sense. I have one update coming before it to switch to Active Zone Minutes from Active Minutes, but it is next in line after that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Enlighten v1.6.0 has been released.

This version contains the following changes:

• Switched from Active Minutes to Active Zone Minutes
  • Updated to new iconography
  • Optimizations for weather and heart rate components

The next update will add official support for Versa 3 and Sense with a layout that doesn't clip the icons. I will be submitting that for review soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Enlighten v1.7.0 has been released.

This version contains the following changes:

• Support for Versa 3 and Sense

@mls79, @drpelpi, @Jivera8: I believe the latest couple of updates should address your most recent requests.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my god I've been looking for a watch face like this forever, it's perfect! I don't know if it's possible to do this or if it's too much work than it's worth but the only thing I really wish this had was customization on the always on display, or to just to enable it with none of the extra info displayed, I have it set with just the clock and weather showing when the screen is on and then it goes to the always on display and all of the battery and step information is displayed, but I want to keep it super minimal if that makes sense. Not an issue worth me switching watch faces just wondering if it was a possibility, thank you again for the face!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RubenInfante amazing watch face. So elegant and simple. The temperature figure (both F and C) on the Versa 3 are out of alignment (raised up) above the weather symbol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RubenInfante Ignore me. I reinstalled and its is now aligned.

Is there any chance you can add in a larger font for the date/ weather. My old eyes struggle! Maybe put the weather below the date?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Naton I'm glad you are enjoying Enlighten! Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, Fitbit has not opened up customization of the Always On Display (AOD) to all developers. The AOD that shows up with my watch face is a default one that I cannot control. If the tools become available more widely at some point in the future, I'll consider a way to implement it with the Enlighten design.

Here's the official word from when this feature was announced:

We aren’t quite ready to roll this out publicly just yet due to the need to adhere to strict hardware requirements. The primary reasons are that incorrectly implemented AOD apps and clocks can greatly reduce battery life and/or cause physical damage to the display, or to the display integrated circuit, and we want to ensure the best experience for our users.

Please see this thread on the development community website for more information with some responses from the Fitbit team to other developers:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Always-on-Display-review-process/td-p/3995922

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GougherFit I'm glad you enjoy Enlighten's design and I'm glad the alignment issue was able to be resolved.

Regarding the fonts, I can definitely look into adding larger sizing options. Separating the date and the weather is an option, but I'll see what I can do without moving things around too much. Thank for the suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RubenInfante, thank you for your job, it's a great clock face 👌👌

Just a question, in the futur, will the day and month change based on user preferences?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are we supposed to put in for the personal API key field? I’m not sure how to get one. And what is the default one that it uses if we don’t enter our own? 

Best Answer
Hello,

To have the day in the language of the user... For example, to have
'Monday' (English) in 'Lundi' (French).

BR

Mario Candela
Best Answer
0 Votes

Love the watch face for my Fitbit Sense but have tried several reinstalls and reset tracker , all versions up to date 

but will not cycle thru screens as your app gallery shoes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Candmario Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the watch face. At the moment, I don't have plans to support localization, but I will keep it in mind.

@dwarnold108 The default key is simply an internally stored key that is used when asking the weather service for the weather. Because this key is used by default by all users of the app, the API can reach its limit of concurrent requests for the account. However, this setting and the associated constraints that I mentioned will be going away soon. Fitbit now supports an official Companion Weather API that can be used instead of relying on third party APIs.

@tpfisher I'm glad you are enjoying the watch face. Please note that the cycling animation in the app gallery is intended to show different example configuration options for the watch face. The app is not designed to cycle through screens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, the clock face looks great! Is it compatible with Versa 2? I just bought the watch and installed the watch face. I set up all the settings, but nothing is changing in the clock face. It just shows the time and the date. Thanks! 

Best Answer

@RubenInfante this has been the only clock face I've ever used on my Fitbit. Simply put it's the only face that does everything I need. Well done!

However, I recently updated my Versa 2 and when I went to install the face I'm having the same issue as Desito above. All that is available is the time and date. Not sure what changed but wondering if you had any insight or plans to update the app?

Thanks again for a terrific contribution! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Desito , @14Michael : I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with Enlighten on Versa 2. There have been other similar reports on these boards, some that seem to have been resolved. Unfortunately, I don't have Versa 2 hardware to test it directly. The Fitbit simulator does not exhibit any different behavior when simulating installation on Versa 2. The best I can recommend is to try resetting the watch, reinstalling the watch face, and ensuring the Bluetooth connection is stable (can sync with Fitbit app). Best of luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great watch face thanks.

Can you add option to make time bigger?

Thanks again. 

Best Answer

Hi Ruben,

Can you tell me why all my icons are colored red? The heart, steps, and active zone icons are all red on my watch (Versa 3), but your pics show their normal colors. Also, is there a way to replace active zone with a different metric (like stairs)?

Thanks so much!

T

Best Answer
0 Votes

Note: Right now the development tools are experiencing some issues connecting to Fitbit. Until those issues are officially resolved, I'm a bit limited from providing updates to the watch face.

@Dazza1973 Glad you like the watch face. I'll keep your suggestion in mind. The way this application was developed uses images for the time, so it cannot be adjusted the same way as the other text.

@MerciesAreNew The two activity icons along the bottom will move between different colors to visually represent progress toward your set goals for those metrics. If you would like them to always be white, disable the Enlighten watch face setting called "Show Goal Progress Colors" under the "Activity" section. The heart rate icon will always stay red unless you disable the "Show Color" setting under the "Heart Rate" section. If the entire watch face has a red tint to it, disable the setting called "Darkroom Mode (Color Override)" under the "Theme" section. The activity metrics that are displayed and their positioning are not customizable on this watch face, beyond the ability to hide them completely.

Best Answer

Hi Ruben,

I've sent you a PM regarding a request for some changes to the watch face. 

Thanks for your work so far, one of the best faces out there!

Best Answer
0 Votes