Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Alarm App - Now available

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently published my app, 'Smart Alarm' in the Gallery

If you have used a smart alarm app before, it should seem pretty familiar. Options are available to set the wake up phase (how long before your alarm to start finding the best waking point) & sensitivity, as well as snooze options and more.

To snooze, you can press the 'Snooze' button on the interface, or simply shake your wrist.

There is currently no support to run background apps, so for the time being, you will need to leave this app running while you sleep. Once FitBit supports background apps, I will add the functionality.

This is version one, so if you find any bugs, please let me know!

I have an Iconic so for Versa I have only tested on Versa Simulator. If people have issues with Versa get in touch and I'll do my best to solve them

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Thanks a lot. Looks very nice, looking forward to test it... next Monday 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this :D. I’m gonna test it with my Versa and I’ll let you know how it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

where do I find it?

Best Answer

@Zeraph wrote:

There is currently no support to run background apps, so for the time being, you will need to leave this app running while you sleep. Once FitBit supports background apps, I will add the functionality.

Congrats on you app!

Nevertheless I find Fitbit API so limiting here that it makes me sad actually 😞

As you have to:

1. make app running in foreground (I can totally see that from time to time you'd leave the app while asleep)
  2. use of accelerometer instead of some API call to check "is sleeping" - dunno how the Settings>Notifications>During Sleep=Off works under the hood but if they have this "is sleep" check there why not opening it?

ps.: to be clear I'm bashing Fitbit here not the @Zeraph or @Zeraph's app as I find it awesome to make this functionality having such constrains... boo Fitbit, boo 😉

Best Answer

Is it possible to set it to wake me up after a certain amount of time spent in REM sleep? For example, after 10 minutes of REM sleep.

Best Answer

where and how can i download this? i keep looking for fitbit app gallery and cant find anything. link please.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It should be available in the General and Utilities category.

https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/d3935b41-e7ad-4e22-9510-4b6aaf8207d5
Best Answer

@Zeraph wrote:
It should be available in the General and Utilities category.

https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/d3935b41-e7ad-4e22-9510-4b6aaf8207d5

Also you can use search on your Fitbit app using a keyword "smart" 😉 Right now it's first on the list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love this app! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is pretty awesome @Zeraph! Thanks for developing this app and for sharing it in here. Smiley Very Happy I have used so many smart alarm apps, but haven't find the one. 

I'll definitely give it a shot on my Ionic and I'll let you guys know my experience. And keep me (us) posted when your app is fully released on Versa, my sister has that Fitbit and she also wants to try it.

Are you open for feedback in case we have one @Zeraph

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

would this work in the Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, unfortunately this is only for the Ionic and Versa ecosystem
Best Answer
0 Votes

@fueGuillo Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for your interest in having this feature on your Blaze.

Just as @Zeraph kindly informed, this is only available for Fitbit watches (Ionic and Versa). This is because these are the only Fitbit devices that have access to the Fitbit App Gallery in which apps and clock faces can be downloaded to them. Find more information on this helpful article.

Also, feel free to review the two Fitbit watches available now:

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hello

I am French and I do not arrive has to use the application on my fitbit versa, can you help me? 

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @popo, thanks for stopping by! Woman Very Happy Can you please give me more details about what you're trying to do? Is the Smart Alarm App not available on your App Gallery?

Looking forward to your response! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good evening

If she is available but she does not work if I close her. It is normal? 

Otherwise it is really a magnificent app .

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and giving me more details @popo! With third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. In this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to see if the app is working as it should. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information. 

Can you please give @popo a hand @ZeraphSmiley Very Happy

I'll be around if there's anything I can do for you in the meantime! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zeraph Would it work with Charge 2? I'm desperate to get the smart alarm feature!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely not as it is only for Fitbit OS powered deviced, aka, at the moment, Versa and Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes