Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Alarm App - Now available

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently published my app, 'Smart Alarm' in the Gallery

If you have used a smart alarm app before, it should seem pretty familiar. Options are available to set the wake up phase (how long before your alarm to start finding the best waking point) & sensitivity, as well as snooze options and more.

To snooze, you can press the 'Snooze' button on the interface, or simply shake your wrist.

There is currently no support to run background apps, so for the time being, you will need to leave this app running while you sleep. Once FitBit supports background apps, I will add the functionality.

This is version one, so if you find any bugs, please let me know!

I have an Iconic so for Versa I have only tested on Versa Simulator. If people have issues with Versa get in touch and I'll do my best to solve them

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Oh, dam...!!! I just got my fitbit Charge 2 a month or so ago. Had I known this I would have chosen Versa instead! Since either of them didn't have it, I chose the narrowest design and cheapest model (other features were fine for me, but this one would have swinged my decision!).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm loving this app but I'm not understanding what the purpose of the "Wake Threshold" function is. Can you please clarify this? Thanks! 

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @fmart1Woman Very Happy As my friend @Giampi71 mentioned, this app is currently for Ionic and Versa only. 

I was making some research and was able to find this similar idea:

Please cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment to show support for it. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Hey there @GreyCelt_PDX, it's nice to have you here! I'm so glad to hear that you're loving the app! Woman Very Happy In this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about features. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Happy stepping guys! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Already downloaded and trying now. Thank you very much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @kelvin_ndnmSmiley Very Happy I'm glad to hear you're trying it now. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do I find this app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @kristinn1, thanks for stopping by! You can install additional apps using the Fitbit App Gallery. If you have trouble setting up an app, see How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

To install an app:

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps > All Apps.
  3. Browse the available apps. When you find the one you want to install, tap or click it.
  4. Tap or click Install.
  5. Some apps require certain permissions in order to work properly, such as access to the internet or the ability to run in the background. Review these requested permissions and tap or click Install to add the app to your watch. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data. If you decide at a later time that you don’t want an app to have certain permissions, you can adjust these permissions later.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh... I've got a Charge 2, so I'll have to wait for either fitbit to implement it or the app developer to implement it.

Basically, still waiting for smart alarm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for the app!

Running in background is supported now, please make the update! 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here... a pity!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are referring to the 'Run in background' permission checkbox, unfortunately that is not enough to allow the alarm app to function fully in the background. The current implementation of background running allows certain processes to occur but does not allow an application to launch itself from the background. This feature has not been implemented yet by FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please allow the smart alarm to be available for the Charge 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @zwschlei This is unfortunately not possible becuase Fitbit Charger 3 can not install 3rd party applications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @zwschlei, thanks for jumping in here! My friend @Giampi71 is right. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Does it work for Charge 3? Or can you make it work for the charge line?

Thanks!
Fmart1

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fmart1 This is not possible because Charge 3 (and previous) does not support SDK hence no developer can make apps for this device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information!

Regards,

fmart1

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this app and it has only worked once. I don't know if I have to hit "start alarm" every time? I hit start alarm last night before I went to bed and it never went off this morning. I wish there was a better place to submit my troubleshoot issues. I have a Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any chance this will make it lower models?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @kelly-urban and @tonightshow, it's great to see you around.

I am sorry for the delayed response. Can you please be more specific about the issues you are experiencing? What app are you trying out?

I hope to hear from you soon. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes