Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Alarm App - Now available

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently published my app, 'Smart Alarm' in the Gallery

If you have used a smart alarm app before, it should seem pretty familiar. Options are available to set the wake up phase (how long before your alarm to start finding the best waking point) & sensitivity, as well as snooze options and more.

To snooze, you can press the 'Snooze' button on the interface, or simply shake your wrist.

There is currently no support to run background apps, so for the time being, you will need to leave this app running while you sleep. Once FitBit supports background apps, I will add the functionality.

This is version one, so if you find any bugs, please let me know!

I have an Iconic so for Versa I have only tested on Versa Simulator. If people have issues with Versa get in touch and I'll do my best to solve them

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Hey @Zeraph, I love this app, and I wish that Fitbit would let you run background apps! However, while your waiting for that, you could try to make this app into a clock face, so then it could be always running in the foreground. Obviously it would need to have an actual clock face, but this could be a setting on the clock face in the Fitbit app, or right on the watch. I hope this idea helps!

Best Answer

Anyway you can downgrade this to work with with the Alta?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not possible, Alta doesn't support independent developed softwares.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Zeraph!

I was about to contact the app dev to make the support for the running at the background, but that's the implementation inability you talk about. Hopefully, this will be possible to implement soon. I am using Versa 2 and wanted to test this app yesterday, but found out it was not working in the background, so I overslept this morning. Luckily, my work could wait :). 

I am about to check it tonight.

Thank you, Zeraph, for the app,

This is really strange there's no pre-installed official app like this for Versa 2. The Fitbit marketing is misleading, they wrote about this feature and there's no feature in the watch, so as a consumer I am forced to use third-party apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Actually Fitbit confirmed that an official smart alarm is coming soon to Versa 2 (and potentially other Versa/Ionic)

Best Answer

Great! The native smart alarm is very much waited for! Hoping this feature comes out really soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I was able to put the app on the watch, but I see only the logo. There is nothing to open settings. 

It then goes back to the menu

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really wish it would track based off your heart rate as well. I have narcolepsy so my sleep cycle is completely different than what it should be. I usually enter REM a lot sooner than normal. It usually takes people 90 minutes, as for me I enter REM immediately or within 15 minutes so I don't think basing the sleep cycles just off movement would be very accurate for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, the app just won't start on my versa.

It goes back to the menu. Already tried reinstall

What can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I was able to install the app on my versa 2 and seemingly set an alarm, but it doesn’t vibrate in the morning. I make sure to leave the app open after setting the alarm but each morning I’ve noticed that app isn’t open any more. Is there another step?

Cheers,

Jonathon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Zeraph,

I have enjoyed using your app on my versa for the last couple of months. But since a few days the app keeps closing itself after a few minutes, which made me set up a backup alarm because the alarm didn’t wake me anymore. Is this an issue with the app or is this a problem from Fitbit itself? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

This issue was due to FitBit implementing a default application timeout in
one of the newer SDKs.
An application update was just published which should fix this problem.
Best Answer

Edit.:  I didn't read all the way to the bottom, you have already addressed this...

I have loved using your smart alarm for the past year+.  Recently it has started turning off after about an hour.  Like it isn't staying in the foreground.  Did something change recently with fitbit or did I do something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I use it for the Versa 3? 

Best Answer
0 Votes