Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Look Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have only had my charge 3 since October last year and I love it and only ever take it off to charge it.  It was given to me by my 3 daughters for my birthday to encourage me to be more active and it worked wonders for me, I walk every day, go to zumba 4 times a week and swim when I can.  I am 67 years old and it took a while to learn how to use the app properly and I loved it as I could see at a glance how my day was going and could compare easily with my friends and family progress. BUT now that fitbit have changed everything it is horrible, everything has to be searched for and there is much less information.  I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT and from what I have seen so does the rest of the world.  What were you thinking of fitbit people? Why try to fix what is not broken? Give me back my old dashboard that I knew and understood and stop messing things around.  Why did you not consult with the normal everyday user to see what they might want instead of trying to show how clever you are and in the process really annoying the hell out of everyone.  LISTEN TO YOUR USERS BEFORE THEY ALL LEAVE AND GO ELSEWHERE.

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Thank you for posting this, Territam. These are my sentiments exactly, only you've put them down so much more eloquently than I would have. 

Best Answer

And so say all of us!  The new dashboard looks like a cut price version of Withings and theirs is awful. Don't let yourself be dragged down to their level .

Best Answer

I agree, go back to the old dashboard.  My wife and I hate the hourly 250 step progress display, can't tell if you've made it or not.  The old dashboard was very clear.  If anyone is listening out there from Fitbit do us all a big favor and go back to the much friendlier dashboard display.

Best Answer
I do hope they take notice of what the users want. About time someone did. Thanks for your support.
Best Answer

Who on earth passed this as an ‘update’? This looks more like a downgrade to the app, it is shocking how cheap and tacky the new dashboard looks.

Best Answer

My point exactly!! I opened my app this morning and thought there was something wrong it!! It’s awful 😡 why can’t we choose how we want our app dashboard to look! It’s all a bit confusing and not so easy to log water and food intake now. Not happy at all ☹️ Change it back please Fitbit!!

Best Answer

I am almost in tears with this upgrade. I am trying to roll it back. Please give us this facility.

I want the nice BIG circles back.

I want to be able to see my sleep rainbow on the front page not just a circle with little contrast between colours.

I don't want horrible brown muddy colours and tiny pics. And where are my little red step dots? They were so easy to see against grey!

Too much white space, icons too small. This is the wrong way!

Fitbit I hope you are reading this. You might see a theme in my comments. Some of us are older. We can't see tiny stuff any more and if I'm in the gym without reading glasses I'd very much appreciate being able to see my progress by colour differences which you've also just made worse.. You've just alienated everyone who has close-up vision issues. Not very inclusive in this day and age is it?

WHY MAKE THINGS SMALLER AND HARDER TO READ?!!!!!

Best Answer

I hate it too!! I have two devices that I use and when one is charging I use the other. They took away the part on the app to pick a device and sync! Now what am I supposed to do?

Best Answer

I’m currently looking at Garmin. Fitbits response is they have no plans to revert back to the old dashboard and once you’ve updated you are stuffed so basically we are stuck with it or we go to a competitor.

Best Answer

Thanks for posting this. My sentiments exactly!
I liked the grid layout because I could see more stuff at a glance. I miss my hourly step dots, my sleep rainbow, and my weight range scale (because I've lost the weight I wanted with the help of my Fitbit and am tracking maintenance now). The list format makes everything harder to get to. 😞 
I'm not interested in subscribing to Fitbit Premium. Everything under the dashboard is still the same. Why can't they give us the option of the old or new dashboard? 
Also thank you for giving me a platform on which to vent my frustration! 

Best Answer

I agree.  It changed automatically yesterday and I HATE it!!  Please give me back the old app!!

Best Answer

yes, it is absolute horrific.  

Best Answer

The new app is TERRIBLE!!!  This app is so boring looking in one color and it's a pain to look up everything.  Bring back the OLD APP!!!  It was colorful and fun!!  This new one just doesn't cut it!!!

Best Answer

Just for some balance - I want to add that I really like the new design. I find it clearer than previously and the design is definitely modern and aligned with other apps on my phone. I also like the additional information displayed when your phone is syncing with the watch.

No complaints here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is the rout I am using at the moment.  Stuff the app and log in to the main site. At the moment it works better. I am afraid that they mean to aline with Withings Health Mate.  The problem with that is that their partner 'Myfitness pal' does not comply with EU rules on privacy.Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a Fitbit for four years and love the products. I received my forced upload today and HATE the new look dashboard. It looks as though it was designed by someone who has never used a Fitbit. Not only are the colors ugly, but you can’t see everything at a glance. Please go back to the old design as you will be losing many customers that have been very loyal. Please don’t be a company that in five years is defunct and in ten years people refer to as gone because they didn’t listen to their customers!!!!

Best Answer

I agree, the new "format" does appear to be a downgrade and is certainly NOT user friendly.  How difficult would it be to return to the former mobile app format, the lines were much cleaner.  The new one looks like they let their 5 year old design it.

Best Answer

I fully agree with you Territam.  What an ugly looking dashboard with ugly looking imagines. I'm a fitbit user for about six years now. But I'm not happy with this 'update'. It's feels more like a downgrade. Not every new look is a better look. I miss the nice green color and the animated green screen when I reached the daily goals.

I've asked Fitbit to give users a choise for the old or new dashboard. But they don't listen to their costumers. They told me to post a message in this Community. But I don't think this wil help. 

I'm very dissapointed in Fitbit.

Best Answer

Is there a eay to view other watch dashboards before purchasi g?

Best Answer
0 Votes