Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Look Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have only had my charge 3 since October last year and I love it and only ever take it off to charge it.  It was given to me by my 3 daughters for my birthday to encourage me to be more active and it worked wonders for me, I walk every day, go to zumba 4 times a week and swim when I can.  I am 67 years old and it took a while to learn how to use the app properly and I loved it as I could see at a glance how my day was going and could compare easily with my friends and family progress. BUT now that fitbit have changed everything it is horrible, everything has to be searched for and there is much less information.  I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT and from what I have seen so does the rest of the world.  What were you thinking of fitbit people? Why try to fix what is not broken? Give me back my old dashboard that I knew and understood and stop messing things around.  Why did you not consult with the normal everyday user to see what they might want instead of trying to show how clever you are and in the process really annoying the hell out of everyone.  LISTEN TO YOUR USERS BEFORE THEY ALL LEAVE AND GO ELSEWHERE.

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65
I am afraid I have no idea. Sorry 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Most of the dashboards are loaded form either Google play store or the IPhone equivalent. If you go into your store and search for whatever you are using now you will get a list of 'you may also like s' you can go through and look at the pictures.  What it will not tell you is if they will receive data from whatever device you are using now.    Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer

Fitbit has made the statement that it is not changing back to the old format. How would google, etc effect that? I will look, but not hopeful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

nope. Sorry - I checked google play and they only have the updated app, not the old one 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot emphasize how much I hate this "new" look! I've used my Fitbit for 5 years and this is the first time I have considered looking at other brands. The new interface is not clear, much harder to navigate, and not instantly recognizable. I look at the app 15-20 times per day and this is HORRIBLE!

Best Answer
Sorry I thought you wanted apps by other providers.  The only people who can recover the earlyer dashboards are fitbit, they own it.Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
Fitbit are going to start losing a lot of users if they are going to impose unwanted and poorly developed changes.  They should perhaps reconsider their intransigent stance before their pockets start to empty.
Best Answer
Thank you for your help
Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree! I’m legally blind but could still see the old dashboard. Now? My Fitbit has basically turned into a wristwatch that vibrates if I reach my step goal. I can no longer use any of the tracking like food or water, or see any of my daily progress. I’m extremely disappointed!!

Best Answer

I thought that maybe it was just me because I am not a big technology fan, but now I know that I am not the only one who hates the new look.  Just logging in the food takes longer and you can't see everything as quickly as the old one. Unfortunately,  whether I keep using it or not the company will continue to make a profit.  Most of us are hooked on these devices now. It would have been good if they did a beta version first but they didn't.  Just venting. 

Best Answer

Their history has been that they make changes whenever they desire, without concern for how this might impact users. 

Best Answer

They are trying to phase out us old fogies. There was massive protest when fb canned the old community groups that we could view on our laptops and desktops. Much resistance to the change; protests were ignored.

Best Answer

The point is that we hate the new app. We are voicing our displeasure here because we know Fitbit owns and controls their apps. I don't understand your post

Best Answer

I can't understand the why of this; if everyone dislikes it, what is the point of introducing it? How does it benefit angering the majority of your customers?

Best Answer

I do not understand why Fitbit would change things to what they think is better, when their customer base is saying the opposite?

Best Answer

How am I supposed to see all my info without having to scroll past my challenges to get to food, water, weight, etc???

Best Answer
Perhaps it's time they changed their ways
Best Answer
Simple really, I was voicing my opinion and displeasure about having something forced on me when I and countless others are the paying customers.  Why should we just accept what they want to push on us without protesting?
Best Answer
This is precisely what I was saying in my original post.  From what I am now hearing from others FITBIT do not give a **ahem** about what their customers want and understand and it is time that they did so. 
Best Answer

Totally agree the new dashboard is boring, unmotivating and a step backwards in design.  They say that they consulted with members but I wonder whose these were as I’ve never been contacted and why don’t we get an option to update or not.....I doubt anything will be done though.....Frustrating!!!!

Best Answer