Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treasure Trek maps not advancing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have completed 62 maps.

The next map says it will require 60,312 to complete, but for the last week it will not advance.

I still collect gold every day but my step are not added to the map.

any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

That must be the issue then? When I hit uninstall it took literally one second and I hit install right after and it started working again. So this seems very strange. I still have all my progress and lost nothing. Not sure why mine is alright and two other people are not and we all have Android 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those who may follow... 

On your device:

Turn off "All-day Sync" 

Do a manual sync (probably not necessary) 

Go to your apps

Find Treasure Trek

Click "Uninstall" (goes quickly)

Click "Install" and then "Install" on the next screen

Wait for Install to finish (it shouldn't take very long, just a few seconds) 

Turn on "All Day Sync" 

Sync

This should keep your progress. I believe uninstalling and reinstalling will remove progress if a sync happens between them. 

Best Answer
Hi
I never have all day sync on and I did this and lost progress.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This is how mine must have worked since I didn't sync in between and the steps you provide is how I got mine working again awhile back and fingers crossed no issues since. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am tetryi to get somthing to run up my points to get me back faster, but it seems like if I an not wearing it. I don't get credit

Update: Whoo hoo.  15 minutes in the dryer.   6000 points

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whoo hoo.  15 minutes in the dryer.   6000 points

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone @RIGdiver and @Claire_aus! I'm really sorry to hear that you've lost your progress while uninstalling and reinstalling your Treasure Trek app. 

I've been testing what my friend @brettkd suggested with my sister's Treasure Trek app and it did work. She tried on her Android phone and then on my iPhone and she didn't lose her progress. We turned off All-Day Sync on both phones. Both phones are compatible devices, have you checked if yours are included? If not yet, please see: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

I'm happy to hear your app has been working fine @Dwayne73! Thanks for sharing with us the steps you took in order to sort this out. Woman Very Happy

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gotten back to 47 completed maps.   

Bad news.  It went totally nuts today....

On my map screen I need 2070 step's to finish the map, but it will not advance..

My current coin count is....

Minus yes minus - 3,107,322 

I have ?/? Creatures, pirates and ships and need 255.48 quintillion coins to buy any of them.

The i in the upper right corner does not open the next screen.

Screenshot_20190207-111606.jpg

Screenshot_20190207-111620.jpg

Screenshot_20190207-111612.jpg

So... I figured out what caused it to mess up on me today.  And this might be the root cause we are having.    

So the other day I flew from USa to Asia. When I got here I changed the time on my watch to the current time zone about 12 hours earlier.  That's about when my points went negative and maps stopped advancing this Time.

So I reset my time zone back to USA and it's came back to normal again.

Since we earn coins for Time passing, I think it cannot understand what to do when the time goes backwards. In stead of giveng me coins, it took coins away. Once my coin balance went negative. It just didn't know what to do and went nutz.

Maybe if I only more the clock back one hour at a time it wouldn't lock up.

Update... I slowly moved my time zone back to here up to 3 hours at a time, resynchronize after each one and it didn't lock up.

Moderator Edit: Merged User's Posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RIGdiver I hope you're doing well! Sorry for my delayed response. I appreciate you updating the experience you have had with this and for sharing all of those important details about this. 

Yes, the change in time zone was causing this. I'm glad you got it working now. Has the app been working normally since?

I'm sure a lot of users will find your contribution to be helpful. Also, this information could be really helpful for the Fitbit Labs team. Feel free to send your experience towards them using this form.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Fitbit Labs is the next generation of smart, insightful and fun innovations from Fitbit Research. Our apps and clockfaces are experimental in nature, so we do not offer support for them and they maybe available for a limited time. For additional information, please visit ...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lost all my progress, did just as you said. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes everything is still working.  

Would be nice to find someone who is stuck to try shifting time zones around to see if it in locks it. Maybe make the date advance and or retract by a +/- 23 hours Time shift might unstick it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your sage advice reset my 6 months of progress even though you said it wouldn't.....thanks a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes happened to me too and most others.  But use my dryer trick and you can get your 6 months back in a few days. 

I know it's sort of cheating, but I only pur back what I Lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Incredible78! Sorry to hear you lost your progress. You can try following @RIGdiver's suggestion. 

Treasure Trek is an app developed by Fitbit Labs. These apps and clock faces are experimental in nature, so you might experience minor issues. 

I'd recommend sending your feedback through this form, that way Fitbit Labs developers can check it out and work on improvements if needed. 

You can also try the general troubleshooting which you can find here.

Hope that helps, catch you later!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently it still get a lot of problems. I uninstalled it several months ago and never came back. I loved the game, was in map 69, but it stopped advancing and collecting coins. In my opinion, the game advanced too fast, there should be more pets, more types of ships and more types of soldiers. Fitbit should take in mind that many people do a lot of steps... millions!

Anyway... hope they improve the game. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I agree I am on map 71 150k step's to complete.
I really think the problem is caused by changing time zones. Did you travel to a different time zone when yours stopped?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - uninstalled as suggested since no update needed and all progress lost 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well it wasn't me who Suggested the uninstall.   I got burnt too..Seems to have only worked for a very few.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it just happened to me again.  My maps are not advancing any more for the second time.

It locked up when flew a Long ways and the time zone changed back 1day.  I am certain this is the cause now.

The app doesn't understand the date going backwards.

So round 2...

201 pets

143 crew

133 ships

70 maps.

289.94 B coins

Lost faith in Fit bit in the smart watch Buisness.  Wish they didn't buy out Pebble,  very little choice left any more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @jtschen@JoRN78, and @RIGdiver! I totally understand how you feel. I'm sorry to hear you had to uninstall Treasure Treak app.

We appreciate the thorough feedback for this app. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. 

As mentioned, I'd recommend sending your feedback through this form, that way Fitbit Labs developers can check it out and work on improvements if needed. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do for you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes