Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 Coach app keeps trying to install

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 3 keeps trying to install Coach app. I have 4 times factory reset the watch, uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app and set up the watch as a new device. It is still trying to install the Coach App. Any ideas?

Best Answer
235 REPLIES 235

Hi @SilviaFitbit and @MarreFitbit.

Coach app has now officially shutdown, but even removing the coach app from my smartphone, the Versa3 still tries to install a (probably) inexistent update.

Any update on when it will be solved?

I work in a R&D team, and when an issue affects lot of people like this one, my boss usually pretend an estimate of the time we need to fix it.

So I suppose you can give some more info or maybe tell us how to return our watches and get a full reimbursement or a replacement with a working one.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Coach app is still trying to install on my phone. Still killing my battery. It’s July 31st and no change for me. Not surprised 

Best Answer

My coach app has been trying to install for over a week, so all my other apps that need updating are not because they are queued behind the coach, please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is NOT resolved! Coach app continues constantly to try to update! This is disgusting! Sick of trying to resolve something that I paid for! 

Best Answer

Agree completely- my watch is faulty! 

Best Answer

Coach is a known problematic app.

You may be able to clear it on Android  by

In Android phone Settings *

Apps

Fitbit

Storage - clear cache [not data]

Force Fitbit Stop

[though it doesn't seem to fully]

Log back in to the Fitbit app

*Quick Shortcut: Press and hold the Fitbit launch icon, then App info [on some phones]

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is now beyond a joke. Forums are full of this reported problem yet Fitbit sits on their backside and does nothing about resolving or providing feedback. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

SilviaFitbit - no it has mot been resolved 🥸

Best Answer

Elwimber - I agree with you totally. Fitbit is beyond lethargic on this issue and quite frankly disingenuous (if not dishonest). 
I will surely not be renewing my Premium subscription. 👎🏿

Best Answer

So you are settling for second best.  Not

me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted app set my phone to factory settings and removed from Bluetooth then put back on and loo and behold still trying to update it and getting message saying it can’t update some stuff. I’m blinking aware of that and want it sorted 

Best Answer

Oh right  that’s it is it. We don’t know what problem is and as the actor said quite frankly we don’t give a **ahem**. What tosh we are aware but can’t figure out the problem need new developers if that’s case 

Best Answer

This still has not been fixed. My versa 3 is still trying to install the coach app and it is still not installing. Because it is always trying to install the coach app it is draining the battery to the point where I have to charge it every 3 days. Why can't I delete the coach app or do I need to completely blow away this versa 3 in the app and begin again?

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol….  No I am not settling for second best. Some of the criticism I’ve received for providing an answer that worked for me is laughable. 
I even mentioned, that if and when Fitbit do resolve this, that I would just log into my old account and continue to use that. 
At least I no longer have 20+ notifications a day that my app isn’t updating and my battery also isn’t draining like yours anymore! 

My thought were that when the app stopped on the 31st July that this issue would have gone as well. This wasn’t the case. The issue has gone on for months now and is pissing everyone off.

NO, my answer was by no means a solution - it was purely to help others out that were also getting as fed up as me! 

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

This issue has been affecting my Fitbit Versa 3 since May this year. My Versa 3 constantly fails to sync because it continuously tries to install Fitbit Coach. This results in about 30 daily notifications to my iPhone saying:

We were unable to update / install one or more apps. Please try again

I have also noticed that battery now lasts about 2 to 3 days because of the Fitbit Coach app sync issue.

I have spoken with Fitbit over the phone and they’re advice is to reset to factory settings, but this has not fixed anything.

Has anyone found a solution?

Edit: To clarify, there was a post a few months ago with the same issue marked as “Solved” but many others in that post, including myself, still have this problem. The post itself does not have a workaround or solution. It would be great if Fitbit or a anyone who has resolved this could share a workaround/fix?

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing that post. I followed the instructions on the best answer, but the Fitbit Coach issue. There are also many others in that post who claim to also be affected by this issue.

Best Answer

There are many many people with the same issue. I have to charge my Fitbit every 2 days and I don’t even use it for any exercises, I used to get around 5 days from the battery.

Fitbit can’t be bothered to tell us loyal customers that they acknowledge the issue and are working on a fix.

Best Answer

August 3: The Coach app is finally gone! The app will not continue to try to update that defunct feature. Yay!

iPhone 12mini/current version iOS. Fitbit Versa 3 and Apple Watch SE.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The coach app was apparently removed in the past couple of days. Yay!

iPhone 12mini/current version iOS. Fitbit Versa 3 and Apple Watch SE.
Best Answer
0 Votes