Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather doesn't show up on clock face for Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My weather app on the versa itself works just fine, but for any clock face that involves displaying the current temperature - doesn't work. I've made sure I've synced with the app and the location services are on etc.

Halp!!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had a similar issue as you, which was solved by "rebooting" my Versa (i.e. by pressing the back and bottom buttons at the same time for a few seconds).

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

@crossfit_bc Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are currently experiencing with weather on different clock faces.

What clock faces are you using/installed on your Versa? Sometimes, some of those clock faces will have a settings section you may need to check out. You can find it on the Fitbit app clock face section. 

Also, is this happening with every clock face showing weather you have installed or just with some of them? 

Let me know the name of the clock faces that are not working for you and I will take a deeper look at this!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I have had the same problem with my Versa. The weather is not available on my clock face. I have had this problem occur on the "Nothing Special" clock face and the "TrekV4FB" clock face. It seems to me this is not an issue limited to one particular clock face.

Best Answer

me too, only one phone of mines can do it, it seems the others are "incompatible"

Best Answer

I had similar problem with my Versa. Mine would show current temp sometimes but usually it was just blank.  So thinking maybe it was a problem with that particular clock face, I switched to a different one (from TREKV4FB to SpaceX).  So far it seems to be working properly, but it's only been about an hour so I'll update if the same problems arise with this face.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree I think it may be the clock face. I really wanted the Flat Jarvis clock face but the weather doesn’t seem to want to sync. I tried switching to SpaceX and the weather syncs to that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that SpaceX clock face since ya'll seemed to have so much luck with it. Weather isn't working for me on this one either.

Best Answer

I had a similar issue as you, which was solved by "rebooting" my Versa (i.e. by pressing the back and bottom buttons at the same time for a few seconds).

Best Answer

@Greene_T_71 @802_Fit Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting the workaround that helped you out with this. 

Changing the clock face seems to have sorted this out. Please let me know if you experience this again with the new clock faces you are using.

@Vonnife It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying the workaround about changing the clock face. @abissinian Made a good point here about the mobile device being used. What mobile device are you using? Please check if it is showing under the list of compatible devices.

You could also try restarting your watch.

@RogueRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out with this. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too. I posted the restart steps above.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR

No, none of the phones of my family are listed, we have oneplus, huawei, some samsung, but all have less than 2 years and sadly the list of compatible devices has only a hundred of phones, very few brand (and the most sold here are not in list), and very old devices, most of them not sold anymore since ages.

I can understand that try all the devices is almost impossibile, but a brand like this should be more compatible, I have 9 phones in this house, all quite popular, and the versa sync only with a little samsung of 5 years ago... Theese are not devices problems but bt protocols, and always blaming us not having one of the few elected devices it's not useful, in 1 year nobody will have one of those deveices. Please, tell developers to fix this firmawares 🙂

(and I tell this not because hate, but because this thing is good, it deserves better compatibility or we cannot use it Smiley Sad )

Best Answer

@abissinian Thanks for your reply and thanks for providing that useful feedback.

The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. There are some users who can synchronize with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on the following help article: Synchronization troubleshoot.

Note that if the tracker gets to sync, we don't guarantee that the functionality will be optimum as we are still testing on some phone models. 

Thanks again. See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you still can't get the weather to show up on your clock face, try to disconnect from your wireless network.  Once I was not longer connected to wi-fi my weather showed up with no trouble.

Best Answer

I had the same issues and tried Spacex. It works - some of the time.  The main problem seems to be it won’t update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried a few clock faces with the temp - this is a feature I really want. They seem to work but won’t update the temperature as the day goes on.  Very frustrating. Right now I’m using Spacex because I really like it but I’d line it even more if the correct temp showed. 

Best Answer

I have this problem with March Blossom. I switched watch faces and the temp works with the new one. I’m disappointed because I really like that one. I tried rebooting and updating the clock face. 

Best Answer

I switched to another clockface - Cobblestyle, and it’s the same thing. The temperature shows up about once a day and the rest of the time it’s blank.  Grrrrrrrr!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve rebooted many times. Still doesn’t work. 

Best Answer

Santi, have you found out anything?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

The March Blossom clockface updates the temperature every hour or at least it tries, it depends if you have your GPS permission and internet connection on your phone so that it can get the data. If it can't get the data to provide an update you will have a cached temperature. Most of the developers are using different weather providers and they can't update the temperature faster for free. 

For example if I am using a free weather provider I can only make 60 requests for the weather in one minute. 

So that's why the temperature on the clockfaces is not updating faster. 😞 

From what I have tested March Blossom may have 1 or 2 degrees Celsius difference from the real temperature or 2-3 degrees in Fahrenheit because it tries to get the temperature for your current GPS position, not for the city or area.

Best Answer

I would be happy if it updated even once per hour!!  I’ve tried 4 different clockfaces and it seems to update once a day. Then it goes blank for most of the time. 

Best Answer