Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Create Your Community Signature

Signatures are a great way to share a bit of your personality and flare with the Community! You can insert an inspirational quote or a link to your website. You can even update your signature regularly to invite others to join your current favorite Community discussions.

Get started by heading to the Personal Profile section of your Account Preferences, as pictured below: 

1. Go to your Community profile settings by clicking the gear to the top-right. Choose “Settings"
  2. Click on “Personal Information
  3. Create your signature and hit "Save"

sig.png

*Please make sure that your signature follows the Community Guidelines.

Get creative with HTML

Without HTML code, your signature will look like this:

Capture.PNG

Add some flavor with these HTML tags. (Fill-in the bolded text with your words of choice.)

• To change font type: <font face="FONT NAME HERE">TEXT HERE</font>
  • Font size: <font size="FONT SIZE #">TEXT HERE</font>
  • Text color: <font color="#XXXXXX">TEXT HERE</font> (For a list of HTML color codes, click here.)
  • To bold: <p><b>TEXT HERE</b></p>
  • To italicize: <p><i>TEXT HERE</i></p>
  • To link a word or phrase: <a href="INSERT URL HERE">TEXT HERE</a>
  • To enter a line break: <br> (Insert before the word/phrase you’d like to appear on a new line.)

HTML in action

Here are a few examples of ways the above tags can be used. 

1. Font size and color.

Sign1.png

HTML: <font size="2"><font color="#787878">Love my Fitbit Flex!</font>

2. Font type, color, and bolded text.

Fitbitteramrita.PNG

HTML: <p><b><font face="calibri"><font size="3"><font color="#190707">Fitbitter Amrita,</b> <font face="calibri"><font size="3">mastering the art of ten-thousand steps</font></p>

3. Font type, size, color, and a line break.

Sign3.png

HTML: <font face="calibri"><font size="2.5"><font color="#1C1C1C">“You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So get on your way!”<br>-Dr. Seuss</font>

4. Font type, size, color, and a phrase linked to the Community’s “What’s Cooking?” forums.

Sign4.png

HTML: <font face="calibri"><font size="3"><font color="#FF0000">Harry Potter, the boy who lived</font> <font color="#190707">| <a href="https://community.fitbit.com/t5/What-s-Cooking/bd-p/cooking"><font color="#787878">Foodies unite</a></font>!

To test out your HTML tags before saving your signature, click here

Ready, set, craft! 

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@mb127 Brand new forum members will have to wait a little bit before they can use the Signature feature - this is to prevent malicious spam accounts from using it for spammy purposes. I went ahead and approved you, so you should be all set now. Sorry for the confusion!

Ahh thank you Matthew! Smiley Very Happy

Phone: Galaxy S7 (Verizon) - Android 7.0 - latest patch G930VVRU4BQH4
Fitbit: Surge | Ionic (kinda sorta hopefully)

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@mb127 Brand new forum members will have to wait a little bit before they can use the Signature feature - this is to prevent malicious spam accounts from using it for spammy purposes. I went ahead and approved you, so you should be all set now. Sorry for the confusion!

@MatthewFitbit could you please also approve me for the signature feature? I promise I won't use it for any spammy purposes Smiley Happy

Fitbit Ionic | Samsung Galaxy Note 8 | Android 7+
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbitwrote:

Matthew,

I've just spent an hour or so trying to find where to create a signature line, mainly because other community members request people list their devices etc in their signature. Now I find that as a new member it was never going to display for me.

It would be useful if the section about creating a signature in the Community FAQ be updated 1) to remove the reference to the "Gear" symbol that is no longer used (replaced by the profile picture), and 2) that some mention of the signature restriction for newbies be added to the FAQ.

See https://community.fitbit.com/t5/help/faqpage#signature

Cheers,

Ron

Ron | Australia

Ionic 27.31.1.16 | Sony XZ1 (8.0.1) | Surface 3 & Lumia 950 W10/64 using Fitbit UWP
Best Answer

How long does one new to the community have to wait before the option to have a signature opens up? Just curious because I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't locate the option. 

Best Answer
It was just a post or two for me, although I had been logged in numerous
times and read about 10% of all Ionic threads before making a my first post.
Ron | Australia

Ionic 27.31.1.16 | Sony XZ1 (8.0.1) | Surface 3 & Lumia 950 W10/64 using Fitbit UWP
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbitwrote:

How long is the wait period? Just a curiosity. I created my account yesterday 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found where to change it, but it won't save. Do I need to get permissions granted or something?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Fitbit Sense| Fitbit Alta | retired Garmin | retired Fitbit Ionic | Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

These directions do not work, has something changed in 7 months? Are we not able to put signatures in any more? See below for the problem:

Go to the Community: DONE
Click on your profile photo in the top right corner: DONE
Click on Settings: DONE
Click on Personal: DONE
Click on Personal Information: DONE
Create your signature: Not able to do. The only options here are "Personal webpage" and "About me".
Click SAVE.

Can someone let me know if we can input signatures still, and if so give updated directions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too! I spent over 30 minutes, following the directions given exactly, and each time not finding the answer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Can someone help us??

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a delay from when you first start posting until you can setup a signature.  I don't know how long, but you can see this discussed earlier in this thread.

Best Answer

I see that now, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those that are having trouble creating a signature my advice is just to be patient, as I, Mike and others have found out.

However, four months after I suggested that the instructions be updated they are still incorrect and need updating in both the original post in this thread and the Community FAQ. The interface has changed considerably since the instructions were written.

My suggested edit, replacing the second paragraph in the original post (and the FAQ), is:

"To create or edit your personal signature:

1. Click on your personal profile photo in the top-right of the screen. If you haven't added a photo yet, you will see an icon there instead.
  2. From the drop-down menu click on the gear icon against Settings from the menu.
  3. On the settings screen, navigate to Personal tab > Personal Information sub-tab
  4. Enter your signature text in the Signature box. Please note that you may not see a signature box if you only recently joined the community.
    (You can use some simple HTML in your signature, if you'd like.)
  5. Click Save to commit your changes."
Ron | Australia

Best Answer

Thank you Ron!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine up and running now, I think you just need a certain number of posts, or maybe certain number of days; not sure, but it's working for me now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't wait to make a signature. Dreaming about what it shall be! ♥️

Best Answer
0 Votes