Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misspelled my Community Username

ANSWERED

When I went to post my first post in the community forums, I accidentally misspelled my username (it's supposed to be Death, not Deat). The page that prompted me for a username in no way made it clear that it was not editable and there was no confirmation dialogue, so I had no idea at the time what I was entering was perminant. 

Is there anyway I can get my username fixed? Is there a way to contact Fitbit support to have it fixed or am I stuck with a misspelled username for the rest of eternity? 

Best Answer
188 REPLIES 188

Hi @JoeyB_108. Welcome to our community! 

Your name has been updated.

Keep on visiting the forums and let us know if you have more questions. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you kindly 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I thought it was asking me for my Fitbit username so that’s what I put not realising. It makes no sense so I would like to change it or delete and start again? 
thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for replying.

DenysD

Maybe that’s not available? Add 99 if not.

Thanks again.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you ☺️
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @DenysD😀

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Have a nice year and keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @AndreaFitbit @LizzyFitbit I made a mistake my username too. It should be Melvis1802. Can this be changed? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Melvis1802, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for joining this thread. I've sent you a private message to help you with your username, so please check your inbox.

Have a good day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I recently had problems to login in the conmmunity (authentication failure?).
This issue now got solved, but I had to choose a new username, means my original username appears as already in use.
(that must have been me using it)
However, is it possible to change my current userName back to just BarbWire? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board, @SunsetRunner. It's good to see a new face around.

Thanks for the details provided. I'm glad the login issue got solved and I've sent you a private message to help you with your username. 

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AndreaFitbit, I'm also new to the forums and wanted to change my username due to an error the first time around. I haven't made any posts yet. Can you PM me to help? Thank you so much in advance! (Haven't figured out how to PM yet...)

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @systemhk.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing these details with us. I've sent you a private message to help you with your inquiry, so please make sure to check your inbox. Happy stepping!

Best Answer

Could I change my name too? Accidentally clicked "u" instead of "i"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Ehgi 

Thanks for letting me know about your username. I've sent you a private message to help you with this, so please make sure to check your inbox. Happy good one! 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. It just cut my name off. Too many letters. I won't use the forum if I can't change it.

Best Answer

Welcome on board, @CaliforniaCheez.

Thanks for joining this thread, I'm sorry you've had this experience when selecting your username. I've sent you a private message so please reply back as soon as you can to help you with this matter. See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

bummer! I've never been good at creating usernames and would like to change mine if I could think of something better. Actually, I just commented to see my username as it is not listed on my profile page. L.O.L.

Best Answer
0 Votes