Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Fitbit Premium, still got charged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I had signed up for fitbit premium trial but cancelled it cuz I never used it. I still got charged! Can you please refund? I've been reading that you have to cancel through play store not the app or something. I'm not sure what was the mistake but either way I cancelled it. My fitbit barely works and I don't want to pay for this service that I won't use. Appreciate your help. Thank you!

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Hi @Mariammush6  you need to go to the Google Play Store to get this cancelled. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

It doesn't give me the option to get a refund though

Best Answer

@Mariammush6 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

As @Odyssey13 mentioned, you need to do the following procedure to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture.

2. Scroll down and tap Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  3. Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription. Your subscription expires at the end of your current monthly or yearly subscription term.

Once you're redirected to Google Play please make sure to follow this procedure to cancel the subscription on Google Play. 

Keep in mind that Fitbit subscriptions are non-refundable. However you could always contact Google Play, sometimes they provide refunds. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I did not use an app to sign up.  I signed up on my computer right here at the site. 

i want the subscription cancelled.  

Someone please help me

put a button on to cancel as easily as it was to try it..  

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

@CindyBiggs Welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

Thank you for sharing that the subscription was purchased in Fitbit.com, due to this our Support team will be the on that will help you with the cancellation process, I was able to see that you've been in contact with our Support team. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

Why do I need to speak to a member of your support team to cancel a subscription made through your website? I should be able to cancel my subscription myself. This reeks of making the process as difficult as possible in order to make a few extra ££££. 

Best Answer

@ChrisMartin5555 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Your feedback is appreciated, before the only option to cancel a subscription made through the website was to contact our Support team. However, right now, you can cancel it yourself by doing the following: 

1. Go to fitbit.com/home and log in with the email address connected to your Fitbit Premium subscription.
  2. Click the account icon 

> My Subscriptions.
  3. Click a subscription to expand the details.
    • To cancel your subscription, click Cancel > Cancel Subscription > Close. Your subscription status changes to “Cancelled.”
    • To update your payment method, click Update Payment Method > enter your new payment information > click Save > click Close. Your new card is listed under Billing Details.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, hopefully it will help the next person that reads your message in the future.

I do not know if this issue has been fixed within the last 24 h, but I would not have been able to use this advice at the time of writing yesterday. I instead was greeted with an error message whenever I tried to access 'my subscriptions'. The only option available was to call customer support, who were quick and helpful once I got through, but it was an inconvenience to call during the working day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChrisMartin5555 Thank you for getting back. Glad to hear that you got in touch with our Support team, as you mentioned, I'm sure the instructions shared can help others on the forums. 

Have a good week. 

Best Answer

Thanks, but this doesn't work. I signed up for a trial when I purchased my Fitbit. I can see I won't be using Premium, so please tell me how to cancel before I'm charged. I suppose since I'm still in the trial period the subscription doesn't show in the app. Please help. 

Best Answer

@bettyjp Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

It sounds like the subscription was purchased through Fitbit.com, follow these steps to cancel it: 

1. Go to fitbit.com/home and log in with the email address connected to your Fitbit Premium subscription.
  2. Click the account icon 

My Subscriptions
  3. Click a subscription to expand the details.
    • To cancel your subscription, click Cancel 

Cancel Subscription 

Close. Your subscription status changes to “Cancelled.”

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

As I said in my original post, the method you outline doesn't work. The Fitbit subscription doesn't show up in my subscriptions. This seems to be a prevailing issue with customers. I want to cancel this trial before I'm charged for it. Please let me know how to do that or provide a phone number to talk with someone who can help. 

Best Answer

@bettyjp Thank you for getting back. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. In this case, it's recommended to get in touch with our Support team, they'll continue assisting you. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Doenst work since "An Error Has Occurred Please try again or contact us at https://help.fitbit.com"

Great.... for me not being able to manually decide, and check the payment plan, payment options, will be the reason not to continue any subscription.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChristKr Hi there. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. I was able to see that you have a case with our Support team, please continue the communication with them, they'll help you sort this out. Thank you for your understanding. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Would be great if your support team contacts me, as for some reason you guys did manage to deduct money from my credit card. Interesting enough, now I do have access to cancel the subscription. Sounds like a very convenient "malfunction" from your end fitbit. Needless to say, I will inform my credit card company of this strange behaviour.

Best Answer

@ChristKr Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I see where your frustration is coming from. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, this helps us to continue improving. I was able to see that you already have a case with our Support team and it has been escalated to the correct department, please continue the communication with them, they'll sort this out. 

Your patience and understanding while they get back to you is appreciated. See you around. 

Best Answer

Hi @SilviaFitbit,

Any news yet?

I understand you would like to continue communication with your department. However I am unable to continue communication with them, since they didnt get back to me.

On top of that there are multiple malfunctions withnon US fitbit site. Which makes it even harder for people to cancel their subscription if they have the desire to do so. Which I currently try to do for my parents as well. However your site is still malfunctioning.

Would be highly appreciated if your support reaches out.

Best Answer

@ChristKr Thank you for getting back. 

Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated as this helps us improve the areas that need it. Due to the high volume contact, there might be a delay on their behalf. However, I was able to see that they have been in touch with you, please check your email inbox. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer