Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Ads on Fitbit App.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Every time I go to look at my sleep info I'm now getting a Message "Join Fitbit Premium...." ad, there is no way to disable it. No "x" in the corner, if you touch it it goes to the "Sleep score - Premium" page.

Its getting so annoying to the point I don't look at my sleep anymore!

I was going to actually try Premium but now no way!! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello all,

Well after about 3 months of Fitbit Co trying to get us to try Premium, the annoying forced ad has now been removed.

So for that I should say "Thank You Fitbit" although it should have never been there in the first place!

Now....

Let see if you can do the same to the "Tips for smooth syncing Huawei P20 lite Message" issue! https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Tips-for-smooth-syncing-Huawei-P20-Lite-massage/m-p/4158...

Keith

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Please fix this.

Fitbit should not be forcing all users to buy premium.

Best Answer

There's a new unremovable Fitbit premium ad in the sleep score section.

There was an old post that said you could hit an "x" to clear it but that's not the case anymore. Snce that post is marked as answered and this is clearly not answered I have started a new thread.

How do we remove this visual pollution from the app? I have no interest in premium or any of the premium services. I paid for this watch I just want the services that came with the watch.

After four iterations this is quickly becoming my last Fitbit purchase. The rate at which the company's burning goodwill is astounding. Ruining the in-app experience for the majority of users to sell a few extra premium subscriptions looks desperate.

Add an x" to the in app ad spam so we can get rid of it. Or better yet just remove the annoying ad.

Thanks.

Best Answer

@klrichards It's nice to see you on the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

@adam-hongkong Welcome to the Community. I've merged your post here because it's related to the topic. 

Thanks for the details mentioned, sorry to hear that you're not checking your sleep anymore. 

It's pretty weird that you're receiving this message on sleep, usually when you check your sleep data you should see a little box letting you know that you can unlock more sleep score details if you subscribe to Premium, check the screenshot below. 

rtaImage.jpg

If this is not what you're seeing on your app, please attach a screenshot to your next reply. 

Keep me posted! I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Here is the screen shot. this message appears as soon as you check anything to with sleep.

Your screen shot is one on form this screen.

As you can see there is no way to close it or remove it

Pushing _Premium _Ad.jpg

Keith

Best Answer

@zredsox Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I've merged your post here because it's related to the topic. 

@klrichards Thanks for the screenshot. Currently, it's not possible to remove this message from your app. However, we always welcome feedback, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, the status of them changes based in Fitbit's plans. 

Thanks for your understanding. I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

This is not an answer!

"it's not possible to remove this message from your app" why not who put it on the App? 

I know Fitbit did to make more money

I'm lost for words.

When anyone asks me about Fitbit I'll tell good product shame about the app and support

You have no idea how annoyed I am!!

Best Answer

For some time now I'm getting an unwanted and obtrusive advert for Premium every time I look at my sleep scores in the Android app. (I would include a screenshot, but the insert/edit image tool here doesn't have that useful facility to upload an image that all other help forums have.)
This advert: "Join Fitbit Premium to see details about your sleep quality and start your journey to better sleep" takes up about 25% of the screen area. There is no option to say "no thanks, go away". If anything is guaranteed to put me off Premium, this will. Spectacular own goal.

Best Answer

@klrichards and @SunsetRunner It's nice to see you on the Community. 

I've merged your post here because it's related to the topic. Your feedback is appreciated, we're always improving based in your feedback. 

The best place to make your voice heard is our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status changes based in Fitbit's plans. 

Thanks for your understanding. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this. You suggest "requesting a feature" but what I actually want is for you to remove an obtrusive and unwanted "feature".

I won't be making any feature request but this attitude has informed me and (for this reason and several others) I will not be a future Fitbit customer. I'll also mark down the app on the Google Play store. Many free apps (that don't require the purchase of expensive hardware) come with adverts, but none I have seen comes anywhere near this amount of "screen theft".

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for getting back. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate your feedback. Be sure that this hasn't been unnoticed and that we're always striving to improve our features offered. 

Hope you could give Fitbit another opportunity in the future. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all,

Well after about 3 months of Fitbit Co trying to get us to try Premium, the annoying forced ad has now been removed.

So for that I should say "Thank You Fitbit" although it should have never been there in the first place!

Now....

Let see if you can do the same to the "Tips for smooth syncing Huawei P20 lite Message" issue! https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Tips-for-smooth-syncing-Huawei-P20-Lite-massage/m-p/4158...

Keith

Best Answer

fitbit still spamming on the charge 5 in 2022.

cheers!

-v

Best Answer

Just updated the app, and still seeing it on android.

Any real way to get rid of this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A used pebble watch will report my sleep better than fitbit. Too bad fitbit killed the pebble. Now Fitbit  put their advertising in the way to make it harder to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m mad, too. What’s rude attitude! When this Fitbit dies, I’ll move to a different device. 

Best Answer