Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel Fitbit premium subscription?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I would like to cancel my Fitbit premium subscription before the free trial ends. When I googled it, it said to go to acc and settings and There should be a cancel/manage subscriptions tab but there’s not. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Thorntonous @Tigerroro Thanks for participating on the forums. I appreciate the details mentioned.

I'd like you to confirm you did the following to cancel your subscription, keep in mind that this has to be done from the Fitbit app: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture.

2. Scroll down and tap Account Settings.
  3. Then tap Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  4. Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription.

Full information on how to manage your Premium subscription can be found here. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

Hi @Scrow84 - The trick seems to be going to the website and signing in there - https:/coach.fitbit.com - Instructions from Fitbit Help are below. 

HOW DO I EDIT OR CANCEL MY PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION?

Manage your subscription where you bought it.

1. Log in to your account at https://coach.fitbit.com/.
  2. ​Click your name in the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Scroll down to Subscriptions and Payments.

If the box shows your payment details, you purchased your subscription directly from the website. If you see an Apple iTunes, Google Play, Microsoft Store, or Amazon logo, click the logo to go to the subscription area for that account.

Best Answer

I too am having trouble canceling my Fitbit coach premium subscription.  When I do as they say, there is no cancel button.  Only 2 renew options.  There is an iTunes logo there but it is grayed out and cannot be clicked.  How do you cancel the dumb thing??

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Scrow84@Ajsteele welcome to the Forums and @SunsetRunner thanks for the input.

I am sorry for the delay in respond and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this cancelling issue. Where did you purchase your Fitbit Coach membership? It was directly from Fitbit? If it was from Fitbit, the instructions provided by @SunsetRunner should help.

Now if you purchased them from Apple iTunes, Google Play, Microsoft Store, or Amazon logo, click the logo to go to the subscription area for that account and cancel your account directly with them.

I hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Here's where fitbit gives you the instructions.  Essentially you'll cancel your subscription through Google Pay or the App Store.

Best Answer

I’d like to cancel the free trial too but when I’ve found the “subscription” section there are no buttons that you can press. It says when the free trial will run out but doesn’t give you any options for cancelling it and I don’t want to pay for it

CA8AC642-CC58-4D06-8B07-22B7BF9729D3.png

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate the screenshot shared. You will need to cancel the subscription from the store that you bought it. You can learn more about it by checking this article.

I'll be around if you have any additional question. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you cancel the fitbit premium trial.  I can not find out how to cancel it before the trial ends. 

Best Answer

@Junyman Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. The subscription needs to be cancelled from the website that you activated it from. For example, if you bought it using Fitbit Coach website, you will need to cancel it from there. Check the instructions here

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not having success canceling either. Very frustrating. I’ve followed all the tips but I’m not finding it in the App Store. At this rate I’m going to be stuck paying for a third month😠

EDIT: I just managed to cancel but it was so convoluted I don’t even know how I did it!

Best Answer

I signed up on my iphone so went into my settings - Apple ID and there was a subscription tab under payment and shipping. Tapped on there and there was the Versa subscription so was able to cancel the subscription there. Hope this helps somebody because it is not easy!

Best Answer

@Allswell and @Jannieb2 Thanks for replying back. I appreciate that you mentioned you were able to cancel your subscription. 

Hope your comments can help others participating in the forums. 

Best Answer

I too want to cancel and I get the exact same message. I did it directly through the fitbit app and I’m riddled with remorse for even signing up for it. It provides me nothing and now I’m being scammed into having to pay because the cancellation process is so convoluted and fitbit won’t provide a straight answer

Best Answer

Are you sure you signed up through the Fitbit app? I thought I had too but I actually did it through the App Store on my iPhone. I tried going through the App Store and that didn’t work. I think I somehow ended up on the Apple website and somehow cancelled that way. I agree it’s WAY too hard to cancel! I ended up paying for two months as I wasn’t able to figure it out. Regret signing up for the free trial😕

*after looking at everyone else’s replies, I think that I managed it by going under “subscription” in my settings. 

Best Answer

Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Simbluej Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

If you bought it directly from the Coach website, please do the following to cancel it: 

1. Log in to your account at coach.fitbit.com.
  2. ​Click your name at the top of the screen.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Scroll down to Subscriptions and Payments.

If the box shows your payment details, you purchased your subscription directly from the website. If you see an Apple App Store, Google Play, Microsoft Store, or Amazon logo, click the logo to go to the subscription area for that account.

After following the instructions above, click Edit to change your subscription plan or payment details. If the top of the section is orange, your subscription is already canceled, but you can continue to access the full content library through the end of the payment period. 

@Jannieb2 Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

after the fitbit rep above deleted my critical comments in my last post, here's how I sorted this problem: i deleted my account and returned the fitbit for a full refund. 

That was just the last straw though - its step counting is wildly inaccurate. 

have fun.

Best Answer

Thank you!  Due to your post, i think I was finally able to cancel my subscription.  It is ridiculous that they have made this so difficult

Best Answer

I hope it worked for you because it looks like I’ve been charged for another month 🙄 I’ll know in a couple of days...

Best Answer

This is ridiculous the coach fit website will not let me cancel the subscription and the app is not in my Google play store to allow me to cancel the subscription... is it suppose to to renew through my sprint bill but they have no option to cancel ... this is very frustrating 

Best Answer