Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate 1 year Fitbit Premium trial

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I initiate my 1 year premium trial 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Twinmom3. Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you're new to Fitbit Premium with the purchase of your Inspire 2, you can start the free trial: 

1. Tap the Premium tab.
  2. Read the overview, and tap the button to get started.
  3. Choose a 1-year or monthly subscription to start after your trial, and follow the instructions to subscribe.

Learn more about it in this article

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Hi there, @Twinmom3. Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you're new to Fitbit Premium with the purchase of your Inspire 2, you can start the free trial: 

1. Tap the Premium tab.
  2. Read the overview, and tap the button to get started.
  3. Choose a 1-year or monthly subscription to start after your trial, and follow the instructions to subscribe.

Learn more about it in this article

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

How do I active my 1 year trial premium? Only payment options appear in the app. I have recently purchased fitbit inspire 2. Tried premium before with alta hr. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums, @Mjoanim.

I'm so glad to know that you're using Fitbit Inspire 2. If you've already followed the steps above but you can't see that option, please click here to get connected with one of our representatives. They will be glad to give you a hand with this.

See you around.

Best Answer

What if you don't have a cc card 

Best Answer

What if you don't have a CCard or want to pay in another way or your friend will pay?

It all is rejected or blocked by the program. Not great I'd say.

Frankly speaking I just call this terrible!

Best Answer
Can you get a prepaid credit card and do it?
Best Answer

does this also work with the versa 2 

Best Answer

I have a Charge 5 which comes with a free 6-month subscription to a Premium membership.  Is there any way to get this on a Windows computer?

When I tried, it only would give a 3-month subscription.  Was told to sign up through a cell phone.  Not everyone has a cell phone.

I called customer service, but agent couldn't find out how to get the free 6-month Premium on a computer.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

Best Answer

Not without a credit card! So is that really free? I mean not everyone has credit cards either right? They assume they do in these days and times but they don't! So for those that don't have a credit card or electronic device we are out of luck. 🤔🤔

Best Answer

Hi everybody,

Welcome to new users and thank you all for posting your comments about Fitbit Premium. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

If the Fitbit device you purchased indicates that it includes a trial to Fitbit Premium (Inspire 2, Sense, Luxe, and Charge 5), you can follow the instructions here:  Please note that you need follow all steps and provide all information required to get your Fitbit Premium, you can use any of the compatible Android and iOS devices with Fitbit App or 

In the fitbit.com store, users in certain regions can add only a 3-month premium trial with their new device purchase. Note that availability of retailer specials changes over time and is different in each region.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Fitbit from the Fitbit.com store on my computer, (not another retailer). I also was able to charge it to my credit card at the Fitbit store on my computer.  There was no disclaimer that I would only be able to get a free 3-month subscription if I used my computer instead of a cell phone. 

I have had a Fitbit charge 2 for, I think, for four years.  I bought the Charge 5 since it had more information than my old Fitbit.  Very disappointed.

Other manufacturer had deals I could have tried instead.

I tried again just now at fitbit.com.  My cart says 3-month premium subscription $0.00.  However, when I bought it your web site said a 6-month free subscription.

The first time I tried, last Friday or Saturday, customer service couldn't tell me why it was only 3 months free.  When I asked to please speak to his supervisor, he told me the supervisor wasn't available. He also said that he would escalate my request.  I haven't received any confirming email or case number to refer to.

Sorry, I bought my Fitbit from Fitbit.com.  Not a Fitbit store.  This is an edit to my response 6 hours ago.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

@Fuzzy-Rabbit Thank you for getting back to us and for providing all those details about your case. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

I've seen you reached out to our Support Team after posting here. If you have any questions regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back so they can clarify any doubt. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am reading through all the posts regarding premium subscription and to be quite frank, the answers given are not very helpful.

I upgraded to a luxe this christmas, primarily as it had a 6 month premium subscription and I was keen to try it.

I am English, I bought it from the fitbit website and it was delivered to the UK. I live in Asia.

I am unable to start the premium subscription. When I click on premium, it states that google play store is not available in my area (even though it is!!!!)

I have tried everything that has been suggested, but to no avail. When I ended up at the 3 month trial subscription (even though I am entitled to 6) it only allows for American addresses. 

I have read here that only premium only works in certain areas, well why is that information not in your retail shop? Surely the retailer has a right to know which areas the premium can be accessed. It does sound like fitbit is not being very transparent. 

Please can you explain whether I will be able to subscribe to the premium anytime soon.

TIA

Best Answer

Your instructions say :"If the Fitbit device you purchased indicates that it includes a trial to Fitbit Premium, but you are currently a Fitbit Premium member, then you must cancel your Premium subscription in order to be able to activate the trial. About 1-3 days after your canceled subscription expires, you’ll see an offer in the Fitbit app to begin the trial."    So on the strength of this information I bought a new fitbit Inspire 2 which includes a 12 month Premium trial in the price, cancelled my old subscription used with my old fitbit (which was also a free trial, included in the price for that fitbit), but now I cant get the free trial started on my new fitbit, and your support team is telling me that I'm not eligible because my old subscription was a free trial. Nowhere does your information say that this makes me ineligible for the premium trial for the new fitbit.

Best Answer
I have not been able to activate my premium subscription yet either. Did
you get me mixed up with someone else. I have been struggling with the very
something as you. I have written the fitbit company and told them how
unfair it is for the trail not to be exactly a trail. For those who want to
really just try it should not have to provide credit card information.
That is all I have said about the premium subscription. I haven't
activated mine yet. I am sorry if you feel I said something wrong. ..
please forgive me.
Best Answer

I have a new Inspire 2 but can't get the free premium subscription.  I have only a computer (Windows 10) and no phone.  I finally managed to get the app on the computer and can see the normal data.  Following a video, I went to Account, but I do not have "Try fitbit premium" as a choice.  You mention a Premium tab, but I have never seen anything labeled Premium.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Hi there, @lonetree37 @Dido4444 and @Angela.has. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Mylenda Thanks for sharing with us what happened with your Fitbit Premium Trial. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Please note that at this point the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online again or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Thanks for your understanding. Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It requires a credit card!
Best Answer

Please tell me how I can change from the Premium monthly fee of $9.99 to the Premium annual fee of $79.99.

Best Answer
0 Votes