Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Fitbit community!

I'd like to share the steps you need to follow in order to cancel your Fitbit Premium Subscription. 

Cancel the subscription directly in the Fitbit app:

• In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture.
  • Scroll down and tap Account Settings > Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  • Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription. Your subscription expires at the end of your current monthly or yearly subscription term.

If you purchased your subscription in the Google Play Store using PayPal but you don’t see your subscription listed, cancel the subscription from your PayPal account directly. For more information, please visit the PayPal help site.

If you sign in to the Fitbit app using a Google account, visit this page to manage or cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription 

If you purchased your subscription on the Fitbit.com website, please contact our Customer Support directly to receive further assistance with this process, they'll be able to cancel the subscription for you.

Moderator edit: updated post.

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109
You can cancel before free trial ends, if you can figure out how. Low rent
outfit if you cant cancel the day they charge you.
Best Answer

@doreen5151 Hi there. Thank you for your feedback, we're here to assist you. If the subscription was purchased through Fitbit.com, our Support team will be the one, who will help you with the cancellation process. 

@TheBobbimarie Hi there. Glad to hear that your children gave you a Fitbit Sense as a gift. 

The activation of the free Premium trial is optional. If you decide to activate the Premium trial through your phone default store such as Apple or Google, you have the option to cancel it before you get charged, check out the instructions on this article

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That happened to me as well. The steps on here are useless!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TBABYNVA74 let's see what the fitbit help says. 

How do I manage or cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription? 

How to cancil will depend on how premium was added. 

If added through the play store, and payed through PayPal, can ok the subscription through PayPal. 

@sw7 Fitbit does not farm out their support, they have many support offices around the world and hire their support team. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I cant manipulate the watch well enough. I sent it back after three
days.
Best Answer

HI, I'm having the same problem that many other users appear to be having. I started by free trial through a fitbit.com purchase, but I don't see the subscription in my Google Play subscriptions. Instructions say to contact Fitbit to cancel if I purchased through fitbit.com, but alas, I don't see any way to contact Fitbit aside form leaving this comment. Can you please help me cancel? Thanks!

Best Answer
Fitbit is so chintzy to not have cancel eadily available. It makes me loath
to purchase things. Bad fit bit never again. Contact your credit card
company
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try to contact them through a chat session. That's what I ended up having
to do after some time had passed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@doreen5151 Hi there. Your feedback is appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

@Jesse44 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I was able to see that contacted our Support team. 

@TBABYNVA74 Thank you for your advice. 

Have a good weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you paid through PayPal, through PayPal you can cancel a subscription. 

As for contacting fitbit,

• tap your photo in the top right corner of any page, tap Contact fitbit. 
  • through the fitbit app, tap top left to go to Account, tap Help & Support, Tap Contact Fitbit 
  • Through any page in community, tap the below link to Help, Scroll to bottom of page, Tap Get Support. 

Best Answer

Hello,

I have the same problem as everybody here. I want to cancel my premium subscription but it is impossible. I purchased it on an android phone and now have an iphone and can't find the premium subscription neither in my appstore nor in my settings. 

this is so unprofessional. 

make sure that my subscription is cancelled please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by purchasing on the android phone, @mitchibiena 

Did you purchase it through the Google Play store? If Google Play, log into your play account, do it through your web browser. Then through Google play, cancel subscription. 

In what way are the monthly fees being billed? If your paying through PayPal, log into your PayPal account. Go to subscriptions and remove any monthly subscription you want to cancel. 

Are you being charged through a credit card, contact the number on the back of the card. 

Did you purchase through Fitbit? If so contact fitbit. Link to contact info found in top right. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get on? I purchased a Versa2 and it flashed up free premium trial, so I claimed it. Only to find out I actually had to pay for it. Apparently the offer is only if you have never had premium before. I can't remember having it, but they say I did. They still charged for the first month though and I'm not expecting much luck getting it back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I canceled the subscriprion by logging into my google play account (i’m not very techsavvy) and i think it worked.
I hate it to get trapped in subscriptions which obviously fitbit is doing with their customers...shame on them

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@xxSaffyxx @mitchibiena Hi there. Thank you for the detailed information shared. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. Just wanted to clarify that the Fitbit Premium trial is available only for new users. 

If you'd like to cancel your subscription, note that this has to be done in the store where it was purchased from, if it was through your phone default store, check out this articles to know how to cancel it: 

Cancel, pause, or change a subscription on Google Play 

How to cancel a subscription from Apple 

If it was purchased through Fitbit.com, get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to help you with the procedure. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

It didn't work for me I've an error message when looking at my subscription from the website. Nothing available on my app. 

Can you help me out ? 

Many thks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @EMCOU you say that it did not work, but which method was tired? 

In what form do you pay for premium? Through PayPal, android play store, apple store, or through a credit card through the website? 

Have you contacted Fitbit support. 

Best Answer
Through credit card on the website 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

@EMCOU then as explained above, you will want to contact fitbit.

Alternatively, as some have suggested, contact the credit card company. They should be able to can ok the monthly payments. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if you were given a free year of Premium because you purchased an Inspire 2 ??? I exchanged the Inspire 2 for a Charge 4. The Charge 4 doesn’t come with a free year. I cancelled premium in my iPhone settings but it still shows May 30 2022 as the end date.

I thought when I removed the Inspire 2 it would roll the free premium back but it didn’t.

I just don’t want to be charged for something I am not using.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Best Answer
0 Votes