Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Premium sleep analytics

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In my sleep data, it shows my rem, light, deep, and awake times, but none of the premium data such as sleeping heart rate or sleep score. When I go to the premium tab and try to click on "advanced sleep analytics" to try and resolve this issue, it never works, but it instead continuously shows a loading symbol until that part of the app crashes and it reverts back to the Fitbit main screen.

What can I do to fix this? I've tried logging out and reinstalling the app and have tried it both with and without wifi connection, but nothing is working. Has anyone else had this issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@OliverG. A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried and the detailed information shared. Based in the information you provided, it seems that you're not getting sleep stages and therefore not getting Premium sleep analytics.

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Also please let me know the Fitbit device that you have. 

Let me know how it goes, looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for replying!

I was getting the sleep pattern as well as deep, rem, awake, and light. I just wasn't getting sleep scores/other sleep analytics. I'm not entirely sure what was wrong, but hen I woke up the next morning after making this post everything seems to have been resolved. No more app crashing, and I can now see the analytic information and sleep scores, so all is well.

Thank you again for being so helpful.

Best Answer

@OliverG. Thank you for getting back. I appreciate that you mentioned that the next morning you woke up, all your sleep analytics showed up, hope you continue enjoying your Fitbit device and your Fitbit Premium subscription. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my versa 2 for about 4 days now and cannot get a sleep score or sleep analysis from my premium subscription. Please help. I’ve tried moving it two fingers above wrist bone, watch is fully charged. What do I need to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bghorne14 Hi there. Thanks for the settings checked prior to posting. 

Also please check that you're not using Begin Sleep Now on the Fitbit app, instead simply wear your Versa 2 to bed and it will automatically track your sleep stages. Learn more about it by checking this article What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages? 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same exact problem OliverG had, but mine has not began to work.  I have the Sense and every time I hit the advanced sleep analytics it just spins and then crashes and kicks me back to the home page.  Help please. 

Best Answer

@Kylejams Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for the details shared. 

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am no longer received premium sleep analytics and have tried all the trouble shooting, this is the main reason that I signed up for FitBit premium less than a week ago. 
Is there any way that I can get a refund?

The female health tracking has stopped working too and the calendar just displays the day that I was born whenever it is opened. 

Best Answer

@Cuppy206 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

Currently what you're experiencing with sleep analytics and the female health tracking are bugs that our team is aware of, you may want to subscribe to the following threads, any updates will be posted there: 

Sleeping heart rate graph not working 

Calendar not loading today's date 

In regards to your inquiry about getting a refund, check out our Fitbit Warranty here

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also getting the issue where if I click fitbit premium, then go to "advanced sleep analytics" it spins and then sends me back to the home page. I have a Charge HR so should I be clicking the "begin sleep now" when I go to sleep or with premium will it automatically detect when I am sleeping?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Iannn Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

If you're unable to view the advanced sleep analytics, try the following troubleshooting: 

- Log out from the Fitbit app 

- Force quit it 

- Restart your phone 

- Log back in and check your advanced sleep analytics 

Regarding your inquiry about Charge HR tracking your sleep, it will automatically track the hours you sleep and your movement during the night to help you understand your sleep quality. You don't need to press any buttons or otherwise enter a "Sleep mode" to begin tracking sleep. Simply wear your Charge HR to bed. 😉

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, please help me with my fitbit charge 4. It does not show my sleep stages

On Tuesday I used 'Begin Sleep Now'. I got the graph of my sleep stages with time asleep 3hr11min but I did not get sleep score

On Wednesday I activated fitbit premium 90days free trial

At wednesday night I used 'Begin Sleep Now' again but I only got sleep pattern without sleep stages nor sleep score with time asleep 5hr55min, did not get any data at my health metrics also

Tried again on Friday night, same result. I only got sleep pattern without sleep stages nor sleep score with time asleep 5hr56min, did not get any data at my health metrics also

Last night I tried to just wear my device to sleep and did not use 'Begin Sleep Now' and I dont get any data or any sleep record at all

Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ruthju Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried and the detailed information shared. 

I'd like to clarify that in order to have sleep stages, there's no need to tap "Begin Sleep Now" in the Fitbit app. You only need to wear your Charge 4 to bed and sync in the morning, then sleep data will be displayed. 

For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, make sure you're sleeping more 3 hours and that double check that your Charge 4 has charge. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia,

I did all of those

Did not tap the Begin Sleep Now

Wear it higher on my wrist

And my charge 4 battery was about 99%

My location and bluetooth on my tablet was on all night too so my charge 4 should be sync all night but I did not get any sleep analysis or record at all

Best Answer

@Ruthju Thank you for getting back. I appreciate the time you took to check these settings.

Please let me know the message that you're getting when viewing your sleep records, it should say why it wasn't able to track sleep stages. (check the screenshot below for reference) 

sleep pattern (1).png

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Charge 4 on Tues 6/15, and I am having the same issue with no sleep details recorded. When I go to the Sleep screen in your screenshot above, it doesn't give me any message as to why there are no sleep details for the past 2 nights. Because there are no detailed sleep stats, none of the health metrics (other than heart rate) is showing either. I have nothing since Wed. I also have a Premium free trial, and when I click on Advanced Sleep Analytics, it sits there trying to load and eventually just takes me to my "Today" page. I have done everything suggested like restarting my Fitbit, wearing it tight and high on my wrist, and having it fully charged. Nothing is helping.

Also, it is supposed to have ECG function but it does not. When I go to the "Health Assessments" section, all that is showing is Wellness Reports. Same thing when I go to Discover > Assessments and Reports, just wellness reports is showing. I have clicked on everything in the app and on my Charge 4, and nowhere can I find ECG. 

So far I am extremely disappointed and frustrated. The only reasons why I bought this was for the detailed sleep analysis and ECG.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the detailed information shared. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. I'd like you to confirm that you're wearing your Charge 4 to sleep, it will automatically track your sleep and once it syncs in the morning, you'll have your sleep graph. Check out this article to know some scenarios where you might receive sleep patterns instead of sleep stages. 

In regards to the health metrics data, check the following: 

• Wear your device for at least 1 full day (during the day and to sleep at night). Check your stats after you wake up in the morning. Note: skin temperature requires 3 nights of data.
  • Make sure the back of your device is in contact with your skin. The band should be snug but not constricting. If you experience any discomfort, loosen the band, and if it persists give your wrist a break by taking it off.
  • Most metrics require at least 3 hours of quality sleep. If you move a lot during your sleep or the sleep session is too short, you might not get a reading.
  • To track your blood oxygen saturation, confirm you have an SpO2 clock face installed (available on Ionic, Sense, and Versa series) or the SpO2 app (available on Sense and Versa 3). For more information, see How do I track blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) with my Fitbit device?

Note that the ECG feature is only available in the Fitbit Sense. If you'd like to have the Stress Score management on the app, make sure the latest app version is installed and follow this procedure to add the tile to Today:

1. On the Today tab 

, tap Edit.
  2. To add a stat tile, swipe down and find the stat you want to add > tap Add. To hide a stat tile, tap the X icon on the stat you want to remove.
  3. Tap Done.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have not addressed the problem of not being able to access "Advance Sleep Analytics" for Premium users. I have the same problem. When I tap on the arrow it swirls around for a about 10 seconds then goes right back to the home page. Any ideas or is this still a "glitch" as you advised a few months back? 

Best Answer

@LindaOntario Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

May I know if you're able to see the sleep graph but it's crashing or freezing when you tap on any sleep stage of the night's sleep? If this is what you're experiencing, let me know the phone model and OS installed. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes